Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official PW List: Top 100 WWE wrestlers of all time.

Default The Official PW List: Top 100 WWE wrestlers of all time.

I'm taking a cue from the Entertainment forum. In an attempt to inspire discussion, I am going to take on a collaborative effort to see where exactly we stand as a whole in our opinion of the greats. Here's what you have to do: Send me your lists. I'm going to request a Top 20 minimum, 30 maximum.

Now obviously, this is a huge project so it will take some time. I'm going to give everyone until March 22nd to make up their lists. After that, it will take some time to tally and add things up. I am going to HOPE to have this started by Wrestlemania, but depending on the size of the project it may not be possible. I'll keep you all updated on that front. I think this could be very interesting and could inspire a ton of discussion.

Please number your lists. That will make things so much easier for me. Also, please space in your lists. Things may run together for me after a while. THe way scoring will be counted is on each list, the #1 guy will receive 20 pts, #2 will recieve 19, #20 will recieve 1 point.

So start doing your thinking and get those lists ready.

Default Re: The Official PW List: Top 100 WWE wrestlers of all time.

Is this who we think are the greatest in terms of what they accomplished, or who are just simply our favorites ?

surrender

It's completely up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    It's completely up to you.
    So Brooklyn Brawler in the #1 spot and Hulk Hogan in the #20 spot I can work with that.

The Nerdery's Best Poster (2013 Co-Winner)
    PW WrestleMania X Money In The Bank Winner

So only WWE accomplishments right or can we take into account stuff they did outside the E'.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Quote Originally Posted by milopo View Post
    So only WWE accomplishments right or can we take into account stuff they did outside the E'.
    This is top WWE Wrestlers, so I don't think it would make sense to take into account stuff they did outside the E' .

surrender

Completely up to you. I'm giving everyone full reign. All they have to have done is COMPETE for the WWE.

Completely up to you. I'm giving everyone full reign. All they have to have done is COMPETE for the WWE.
    This top WWE wrestlers, so I find it weird to take their other work into account .

surrender

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonMysterio View Post
    This top WWE wrestlers, so I find it weird to take their other work into account .

But I want to put obscure japanese and mexican wrestlers on top.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

Yeah. You know what? I think that's a good call. Base it on WWE work.

So we are doing a Kayfabe list then?

No. You'll make a list based on upon whatever you want, but try to keep it based on WWE work only. Whether it's because they're a personal favorite or you like their ring/promo work, whatever reason you want, vote for them

I plan on mixing my list to contain both my personal favorites and some based on their accomplishments. For example, I would feel like an idiot if I didn't include Hogan on my list but also, someone like a CM Punk may have a better placing than him. I'm going to have to think about how I want to make my list.

Only problem I won't have is choosing who number one will be.
    7/11/14 - The King goes home.

If you don't want top put Taker on there, don't. The first list I've gotten so far from a well respected poster, doesn't have Hogan on it. Do what you want. Don't worry on how you feel you SHOULD vote.

OK will do, no Genichiro Tenryu for me then. But I will warn that my list will probably not have many main event stars except for Austin ()

Fuck this was hard, several favorites got kicked off the list and 2 personal faves got booted out of top 15 spots - Dean Malenko and Lance Storm. I loved what they did in WWE but not enough to get top 30 spots. I'll steal what I saw people do in the "Favorite TV Drama" thread and reveal a wrestler has they get shown on the overall list.
    Last edited by Mr. Salty; 03-24-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Milopo, don't worry. Out of the three lists I have so far, the results vary SO much.

Milopo, don't worry. Out of the three lists I have so far, the results vary SO much.
    I bet a "WTF" reaction happend after reading my diverse, strange list

Sent my list in and it was a mixture of who are my favorite wrestlers and who impacted the WWF/E the most with their storylines, matches, and promos .

I weighted both when deciding where to place people .

surrender

Got my list in. Only had mine from when i started watching wrestling (2000 rumble), so theres a few massive names missing.

The game is about glory.

Want to know how diverse the lists are? On 7 lists, all but two being 20 names...we have 64 wrestlers right now. And the guy that's in the lead, isn't a total shock, but probably a surprise to some.

Cool idea Benson, i'll get to work on a list. I promise PW, Miz won't take my #1 spot

That's my list sent, picking the 30 was easy, ranking them was bloody hard, i'd always want to put someone higher every time I wrote their name down. Not gonna lie, mine is very very this gen. There are some guys who got on for the sole fact that I think their contributions to wrestling can't be ignored. Largely though mine was based on personal enjoyment.
    Last edited by Oncall; 02-23-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz
    I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am then love me for something i'm not
    Come one, come three and sign up for PW King Of Trios http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124872

PW Power 25 winner July 2014

The 2014 PW video game draft http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=124821

So do we include tag teams separately or as a team?

IE : Apart the Dudleys are not near my top 30 , but as a team they are one of my favorites of all time.*

* Just an example , I hate the WWE Dudley Boys.
    -Bender-

2013 Sports Empire Most Valuable Poster
    2012 & 2013 Gridiron Poster of the Year

Great idea. I'm ranking wrestlers based on who I enjoy as a fan, and nothing more. With that in mind, Hogan is certainly not making my list. As for the 20-30 wrestlers that are...I don't know yet. This could take me a while.
    Last edited by Emperor; 02-23-2012 at 09:15 AM.

I'm taking a cue from the Entertainment forum. In an attempt to inspire discussion, I am going to take on a collaborative effort to see where exactly we stand as a whole in our opinion of the greats. Here's what you have to do: Send me your lists. I'm going to request a Top 20 minimum, 30 maximum.

Now obviously, this is a huge project so it will take some time. I'm going to give everyone until March 22nd to make up their lists. After that, it will take some time to tally and add things up. I am going to HOPE to have this started by Wrestlemania, but depending on the size of the project it may not be possible. I'll keep you all updated on that front. I think this could be very interesting and could inspire a ton of discussion.

Please number your lists. That will make things so much easier for me. Also, please space in your lists. Things may run together for me after a while. THe way scoring will be counted is on each list, the #1 guy will receive 20 pts, #2 will recieve 19, #20 will recieve 1 point.

So start doing your thinking and get those lists ready.
    Just a reminder about scoring. Of you're accepting lists of 30, then everyone's #1 needs to be worth 30 points and do on, even if someone only sends in 20, to keep it balanced.

Ill def be sending a list in.

Thread Information