Thread: somebody somebody talks down to the rock within the wwe

Question somebody somebody talks down to the rock within the wwe

With The Rock making his much anticipated return to Raw next Monday, John Cena had harsh words for "The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment" on this week's show, saying he's no longer The People's Champion, but he's a champion with people (referring to the entourage around him). After strongly criticizing The Rock for returning, but not sticking around WWE, Cena vowed to beat the iconic grappler in his hometown of Miami, Florida at WrestleMania XXVIII.
    A number of WWE performers appeared giddy backstage over Cena's remarks as they legitimately feel that way over the actor/wrestler. One talent commented via text to PWInsider (with permission to be quoted under the condition of anonymity): "[The Rock] comes in to use WWE to get back the audience he lost doing Disney movies, which is fine but he's been back over a year and name one person he helped make a bigger star since then? No one.

"He's here for himself, he keeps to himself, and he keeps someone who's actually touring here all year from making a bigger payday at the bigger shows. It's all about making this the "biggest" Mania of all time. OK, then what do we do the rest of the year? Who's been made? You think he took ANY blame for Survivor [Series] not drawing? Of course not, but how do you feud with a guy on the Titantron? Cena nailed the guy dead on tonight.

"Say anything about HHH, Taker, etc. still being in the top spot but if they were needed to work the road, they would and they would still work their asses off as much as they needed to. Rock is out for Rock and the idea he's here to better anything but his own wallet is the biggest work of 2012."

Default Re: somebody somebody talks down to the rock within the wwe

I am sure the more each Mania makes because of The Rock, the more each and every guy that participated in either gets in bonuses. And I am sure he does more for Mania than Mayweather, Trump or that sumo guy.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

This has Randy Orton's fingerprints all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dose View Post
    I am sure the more each Mania makes because of The Rock, the more each and every guy that participated in either gets in bonuses. And I am sure he does more for Mania than Mayweather, Trump or that sumo guy.
    How does that help someone get over though? Its been obvious since day one that he is only back for money and to help his publicity. His disney movies were universally trashed and he lost a huge fanbase because of it. So now that his stint is done he needs to repopulate that base, and what better way to do it then to return to what made him big in the first place? He isnt there to help get Cena over again, he isnt there to help get Miz, or R-Truth, or Kofi, or Cody, or Barrett, or anyone else over. He only returned to get himself over again and make money.

Credit to Bender for the awesome sig and av.
    Spoiler

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

Honestly, I understand their deal. But if they (minus Cena for obvious reasons) have real issues, why don't they just take it up with Vince?

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    Honestly, I understand their deal. But if they (minus Cena for obvious reasons) have real issues, why don't they just take it up with Vince?
    Because they would be punished?

Spoiler

Yeah. Vince has always been a fair and rational man.

Everything Burns UltimateSavior's Avatar

Then I suppose there's no point for them to 'bitch' then. They can't 'win' either way.
    Last edited by UltimateSavior; 02-21-2012 at 03:48 AM.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

I don't get why no one considers that Rock could be back both to better himself and because he loves doing it.

I don't think it's wrong at all that part of the reason for it is to promote stuff. But at the same time, I don't think Rock would even bother if he wasn't passionate.

Also, who would he make a bigger star? He put Zack Ryder over, in footage that was shown the next night on Raw. He's only feuded with one guy, really.

Now, if Rock goes over at Mania, the argument gets a whole lot more credence. But we'll see.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    YOOOUUU'REEE FIRRRRRED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I don't get why no one considers that Rock could be back both to better himself and because he loves doing it.

I don't think it's wrong at all that part of the reason for it is to promote stuff. But at the same time, I don't think Rock would even bother if he wasn't passionate.

Also, who would he make a bigger star? He put Zack Ryder over, in footage that was shown the next night on Raw. He's only feuded with one guy, really.

Now, if Rock goes over at Mania, the argument gets a whole lot more credence. But we'll see.
    There is credence in that he has been back over a year now feuded occasionally with 1 man and is gone for months at a time for no reason. If he is back for the fans then he should be back and wrestling on a weekly or close to basis. Not once in a year.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    How does that help someone get over though? Its been obvious since day one that he is only back for money and to help his publicity. His disney movies were universally trashed and he lost a huge fanbase because of it. So now that his stint is done he needs to repopulate that base, and what better way to do it then to return to what made him big in the first place? He isnt there to help get Cena over again, he isnt there to help get Miz, or R-Truth, or Kofi, or Cody, or Barrett, or anyone else over. He only returned to get himself over again and make money.
    The Rock being there draws more tickets in, and brings in more eyeballs when money is on the line and when the WWE puts on their best effort. Those eyeballs get to see everyone on the card before The Rock and Cena is on and if the superstars are good enough and put on a good enough effort they can get themselves over and maybe create fans out of the people tuning in to see The Rock vs Cena. That is how The Rock helps... he may not be elevating anyone specifically but he damn sure is bringing in more viewers who can potentially be converted into fans not only because of his efforts but because of the efforts of the people that made the Mania card.

WWE isn't a charity... they are benefiting from this like they did last year.

There is credence in that he has been back over a year now feuded occasionally with 1 man and is gone for months at a time for no reason. If he is back for the fans then he should be back and wrestling on a weekly or close to basis. Not once in a year.
    That would make him a lot less special. Just like Taker being back all the time would make him less special, just like Triple H being back all the time would make him less special just like Jericho being back all the time would make him less special.

I am not going to hold The Rock being an actor against him for not being able to wrestle full time. People are taking what the Rock said to literally and that is a serious point of contention.

http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Hardly for no reason, he's still a movie star and it makes him good money.

Of course I'm going to root for the guy who's here and entertains me every week. That much is a given as far as I'm concerned. But at the same time I also think the "Rock is a Hollywood prima donna asshole" stuff gets a bit out of hand at times.

I understand how the guys in the back feel about their spots being taken, and it's a legitimate gripe. But I do think Rock has good intentions. And we can't really know what goes on backstage from the opinions of a couple of people.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I still think The Rock being there pads a lot of people's wallets and I also think it is better for the Rock to be there than a regular "celebrity" or an "athlete." The Rock at least brings the promise of a great match and a lot of intrigue since he is returning to his roots.

Better him be on the card than Snooki.

Punk stated it best even when he didn't have love for the guy. "The Rock should only return to the ring to main event Wrestlemania." He then said the same for Austin.
    WWE: IT'S NOT A FANDOM, IT'S A FAMILY
    The Shield on Crack 3 (The End)
    BELIEVE IN AMBROSE
    THE BEST NEWS IS BAD NEWS
    Cena fan for LIFE

Thread Information