Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Triple H go over on Taker at WM ?

Default Will Triple H go over on Taker at WM ?

Hey, new to the forums here. After watching this HHH/Taker angle for the past couple weeks, I can't help but wonder if they will put H over at Mania. I just don't see anywhere else they can go from here at this point. I see HBK and Taker pressuring HHH to the point where he possibly snaps and goes back to the "cerebral assassin" gimmick for Mania. I just think all this hype with H not wanting to end the streak, I can't help but think Taker is going under. It's a tradition in wrestling to always go under on your last match. (That's why you got screwed Bret ) The only thing though, is I don't believe Taker would retire before a "final run". That, and the streak is the most remarkable record in wrestling today. Thoughts ?
    Last edited by DementeD; 02-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Default Re: Will Triple H go over on Taker at WM ?

Undertaker will win.

Undertaker always wins.

Oh, and I don't think this will be his last WrestleMania.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

Yeah, thats the only thing that kind of hints me towards Taker winning. He hasn't had that one last run yet. It would be crazy for him to just pop back up, challenge HHH, Hunter finally accepts, ends the streak, and taker disappears. Just wouldn't make sense.

yes he needs 1 final run on RAW

It took The Rock three tries at WM to beat Stone Cold and Triple H has more wins over The Undertaker during their rivalry as well as more victories inside Hell In The Cell. Streak's over, homie.
    Last edited by Slushy; 02-21-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    It's showtime, folks!

Just to add to this I remember HHH was being promoted at one time as the HIAC being HIS match and some people saying it obviously belonged to Taker since he started it with HBK and made it popular with the Mankind bumps. I don't even know why it was being promoted that way I guess the amount of victories.

So...add that to the equation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ever_Oldschool View Post
    It took The Rock three tries at WM to beat Stone Cold and Triple H has more wins over The Undertaker during their rivalry as well as more victories inside Hell In The Cell. Streak's over, homie.
    I just feel like he has one last run in him. But I've got to say, this is the first time in awhile, the WWE has me guessing.

I'm going to wait until the week before Wrestlemania, before I guess who wins the HIAC match. But I want HHH to win.

Quote Originally Posted by cynikalatheist View Post
    I'm going to wait until the week before Wrestlemania, before I guess who wins the HIAC match. But I want HHH to win.
    IDK, I just feel like the streak is something that will never be done again. I kind of want to see it just for the shock value, but then again I don't. However, I would much rather it be ended by a newer generation guy. Punk, Orton, etc.

I just want to see the IWC's reaction if HHH beats The Undertaker. Remember, the IWC has always hated HHH for banging the bosses daughter, spending too much time on top when the numbers (money) didn't justify it, being the world champion too many times, etc ..

I just want to see the IWC's reaction if HHH beats The Undertaker. Remember, the IWC has always hated HHH for banging the bosses daughter, spending too much time on top when the numbers (money) didn't justify it, being the world champion too many times, etc ..
    Granted he did bang the bosses daughter, however, at the time he became huge, he had the mic skills and ring work to back it up. He is undoubtedly one of the best ever. He's had many compelling storylines and matches that had me hooked. On the other hand though, he has buried people at the wrong times.

I like CM Punk, Jericho, Benoit, Angle, Sting, and a few others more than I like HHH.

This is why having him end the streak makes sense imo. Not saying it would happen, but might as well have it be HHH if anything because there will be backlash, but he could carry that heat for the rest of his life in the ring or in a "corporate" position. Imagine the "spin" he could make out of this saying he had to do it for business. One thing for sure HHH isn't going anywhere unless something really bad happens with his marriage.

Not only the IWC, but HHH in 1999 and 2000 had legit heat with the masses because even the masses knew about him and Stephanie's real life situation as it was mentioned in media outlets. That is why it worked so well the Mcmahon/Helmsley Regime. HHH has already hinted the company will be his in the future in this storyline already. It may be time to bring back the HHH of 1999-2000 again for this Mania which will lead to a WM 2000 upset. Just saying it could happen.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 02-21-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DementeD View Post
    IDK, I just feel like the streak is something that will never be done again. I kind of want to see it just for the shock value, but then again I don't. However, I would much rather it be ended by a newer generation guy. Punk, Orton, etc.
    The only newer generation guy I believe should end it if at all(for the reason you mention that it will never be done again) is John Cena. Hell, I would not be surprised if it will still end up being him at WM XXX. I've already gone through why in other threads.

I would much rather have HHH beat Undertaker, there will be a almost guaranteed backlash from the fans. Cena beating Undertaker will be kind of anti-climactic.

Banned

I would much rather have HHH beat Undertaker, there will be a almost guaranteed backlash from the fans. Cena beating Undertaker will be kind of anti-climactic.
    I feel like that'd get a bigger reaction overall actually. Not from internet fans, but just the older guy crowd in general. People would hate Cena THAT much more.

We the People's Champion The Champ's Avatar

Cena beating Taker would absolutely get a more negative reaction.

Bender

This will remain in my sig until The Rock gets his WWE World Heavyweight Championship rematch.

I wouldn't be so sure about Cena beating Taker would be anti-climatic because Cena gets that traditional Mania heat only he seems to generate. It will only increase if people see him ending the streak with his finisher. You see it all depends when the match happens and if Taker still has the streak.

HHH ending the streak is ironically safer business as it protects the younger guy who might be chosen(HHH would have to eventually job out to a younger guy at Mania though like a career ending match). I call it the Ultimate Warrior syndrome. Sure Warrior went to dizzying heights ending Hulkamania in its prime, but he went all downhill afterwards. The same can happen to a younger guy if he doesn't have the right tools to carry the torch.

Cena imo has already proven he has thick skin for the "hate" he would get for ending the streak. In actuality, if Rock/Cena happens next year again I can see it being a build up for UT/Cena at WM XXX. However, something about someone pulling the rug from underneath the fans by preventing them from seeing Taker go 20 and 0 seems like a bigger scenario to me. 20 is a milestone mark any loss after it won't have the same effect imo.

As mentioned Cena ending it would have much more real negativity especially if its booked the way HHH/Taker is being booked right now that Cena would end the brand of Taker and its era. THAT in itself would generate irate fans who think Cena is the poster boy for the PG Era and is responsible for the attitude era being gone. The fans in a strange way would respect HHH from the same era ending it more and this not meaning they would be glad its over, but that it would be accepted more since they both were in the trenches more during the attitude era. Cena ending it would piss a lot of long time fans off.

For heat I think Cena and HHH are the best candidates at this moment to end the streak if it must be ended.
    Last edited by Vince Mcmahon; 02-21-2012 at 02:49 AM.

sadly no.. I'd love for HHH to end the streak though or at least a draw or something.. DOn't really want to see him job to taker AGAIN...

It amazes me that WWE can make anybody think the streak is breakable. This is Undertakers legacy, it will never be broken and especially not to HHH. This match is not about Undertakers career, it's about HHH's career. Taker will retire him although I'm sure for storyline purposes HHH will fight again in a few years. Taker will go one more Wrestlemania after this and retire unbeaten at WM.

There is way more chance of Cena turning heel against The Rock than Taker losing to HHH (and there is zero chance of a Cena heel turn).
    Bring back the fourth wall

Quote Originally Posted by Push Goldust View Post
    I This is Undertakers legacy, it will never be broken and especially not to HHH.
    It's sad that it's his legacy, because WWE has made it his legacy. He has many many more memorable moments than his WrestleMania matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Push Goldust View Post
    It amazes me that WWE can make anybody think the streak is breakable. This is Undertakers legacy, it will never be broken and especially not to HHH. This match is not about Undertakers career, it's about HHH's career. Taker will retire him although I'm sure for storyline purposes HHH will fight again in a few years. Taker will go one more Wrestlemania after this and retire unbeaten at WM.

There is way more chance of Cena turning heel against The Rock than Taker losing to HHH (and there is zero chance of a Cena heel turn).
    Andre The Giant was undefeated at WrestleMania III for 22 years(although the company stated 15 years) and Hulk Hogan ended the streak.
    The following year Andre The Giant ended Hulk Hogan's 3 year WWF Heavyweight Title reign on NBC on prime time television.

Randy Savage's motto as Intercontintental Champion in 1986 was "rules were made to be broken"!!

Andre The Giant was the King of the battle royals, but his winning streak broke on NBC weeks before Mania III in Detroit(foreshadowing what would happen in SilverDome).

The history of wwe shows that all things come to an end, but I agree this is one time I wouldn't mind the record not being broken. The record could be used for future measuring stick for future wrestlers in different generations. Something like Bruno's title reign or even Honky Tonk's IC reign(remember Santino little storyline about trying to break it?).

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Mcmahon View Post
    Andre The Giant was undefeated at WrestleMania III for 22 years(although the company stated 15 years) and Hulk Hogan ended the streak.
    The following year Andre The Giant ended Hulk Hogan's 3 year WWF Heavyweight Title reign on NBC on prime time television.

Randy Savage's motto as Intercontintental Champion in 1986 was "rules were made to be broken"!!

Andre The Giant was the King of the battle royals, but his winning streak broke on NBC weeks before Mania III in Detroit(foreshadowing what would happen in SilverDome).

The history of wwe shows that all things come to an end, but I agree this is one time I wouldn't mind the record not being broken. The record could be used for future measuring stick for future wrestlers in different generations. Something like Bruno's title reign or even Honky Tonk's IC reign(remember Santino little storyline about trying to break it?).
    Well put. Couldn't have said it better myself. I do believe the streak might be over as we know it.

I think Taker's streak will be broken at Wrestlemania 30. Vince loves his anniversaries and will want something big for a big round number Wrestlemania. I think it will be vs Cena who will either be a heel already or turn heel leading up to Wrestlemania 30.

Gaberlunzie Jackanapes RINGKING's Avatar

No way Taker is going two more years. No way. I'm saying win lose or draw, this is his last 'Mania. I mean look at the last few years leading up to this 'Mania, it is getting later and later him 'coming back' to start what ever feud going into 'Mania. He just can't go anymore, and the fans will not take 2 more years of him getting shelved, coming back, and winning. And even if they do, the streak to me is getting less and less meaning because of his "vacations".

So what your undefeated at 'Mania, you give me 11 months off from wrestling, AND I DAMN SURE BETTER WIN IN MY 1 MATCH A YEAR! That in itself has turned the streak into a joke for me.

Banner by-ThreadKiller

Thread Information