Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ECW: The 2001 WWF buyout.

7-22-2001
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-19-2012 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Raw Results for July 23, 2001.

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-23-2012 at 07:18 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Smackdown Results for July 26, 2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-23-2012 at 07:20 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ECW Hardcore TV
    July, 27th 2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-28-2012 at 09:55 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Raw Results for July 30th, 2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-28-2012 at 09:53 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Smackdown Results for August 2nd, 2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rolling Thunder Review
    ShinobiMusashi's "ECW: The 2001 Buyout"

There is just so much fucking awesome going on in this fed right now, I don't even know where to begin. I'm going to review your latest full show (Hardcore TV) because I don't think it's fair to just review the RAW and Smackdown! results, but I'll get to that in a second.

Your setup is very good, considering how much you have going on. I know what you're going through. When I have 4 or 5 stories happening at once, I get overwhelmed. You've got 4 or 5 stories happening per show. I can't even imagine how you must tear your hair out at times. I'm really impressed with how well you're keeping this all together, and while I feel overwhelmed now and then while reading your work, it barely takes away from any of the great stories you're telling.

You keep everything very concise, which is something that TMMW is very good at too. The two of you have built upon a style that has been toyed with in Fan Fic over the past year or so (maybe longer, but I wasn't around), and you've executed it very well in this fed. When I write another project, I'm stealing from the both of you. That's your warning.

ECW Hardcore TV
    I really enjoy that ECW Hardcore TV is the main focus of this. You could have gone ahead and just written several weekly shows, but instead, Hardcore TV is the place to be. You appear to put more time and thought into it, and it shows.

The RAW and Smackdown! results are good, and progress the story nicely. I don't want to take anything away from those, but I digress.

"..the crowd explodes!"
    You say that a lot. I get that ECW crowds have always been rather 'pop-crazy', but try and mix things up just a little bit. It's a small detail, but it gets distracting when you read it 8 times in one paragraph.

I really, REALLY enjoyed Malenko's speech that opened the show. I miss Dean Malenko, I really do. That was pure class and a lot of fun to read.

Whoa, okay...here's something...I totally missed that Quality Control and Terry Funk came out. Be careful using the spoiler tags. I get that you want to keep everything a surprise, but they're getting overused to the point that I completely missed 3/4 of your opening segment until just now. Save them for when it really matters. Or don't, I don't care. I'm just saying what I think.

Kid Kash vs. Anderson was a good match. Not much else to say there.

I'm psyched for the PRIDE fighting aspect you've got going on. I really can't wait to see where that goes. Definitely a cool little twist, or so I expect.

The backstage segment with Rhino and The Sinister Minister was really neat. I'm very curious as to what that guy's up to. Anything involving those guys (Rhino, Dreamer, Sandman, Lynn, etc.) always grabs my attention completely. You've got a very captivating little story happening behind the scenes in the mid-card, which should pay off nicely in the future. Good stuff.

That Amish Roadkill thing was weird. It's pure ECW insanity, which is fine, but meh. Never was a fan of the weird shit they did.

Paul Heyman hacking the show was pretty cool. I started reading it and wasn't really sure what to think, but by the end I enjoyed it. Nice touch, and I can't wait to see how you bring Heyman back.

YOUR MAIN EVENT WAS AMAZING. Start to finish, amazing. I could feel the crowd. Foley cracking Funk with the chair to put him down for the count was just...AUGH! So good. Then all hell breaks loose in pure ECW fashion. It was over the top, but it was GOOD over the top, something ECW was always so good at. By the time Sabu hit the ring and everyone was still screaming for Austin, I was ready to cheer myself. Amazing finish.

Overall: 9.3/10

Besides the little complaints I mentioned, you blew this out of the water. The show was great, and the RAW and Smackdown! results to follow were as well (The Rock~! You brought him back in such a perfect way; the hero the WWE needs...amazing). You started strong with this fed, and you continue to just build up and up and up. I hope you continue this until you end the story you're telling, because you clearly have a lot of story left to tell.

Re-imagining things that already happened is always tough, but this is a great example of how to do it right. Keep it up.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore TV 8-3-2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-01-2012 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preview:

Non-Title Match For Respect
    Extreme Championship Wrestling vs Pride Fighting Championships
    Dean Malenko vs Kazushi Sakuraba

Spoiler

Three Way Dance
    Terry Funk vs Steve Corino vs Sabu

Spoiler

FTW Championship
    Rey Mysterio(C) vs Shane Douglas

Spoiler

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Chris Candido

Spoiler

Card subject to change. Also scheduled to appear: Vader, Rhino, Kimona, Jerry Lynn, Spike Dudley, Super Crazy, La Parka, Psychosis, Mikey Whipreck, Axle Rotten, Balls Mahoney, Insane Clown Posse, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Beulah Mcgillicutty, Bradshaw, Ron Simmons, The Sinister Minister, Francine, Sunny, Dawn Marie, and more!

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    August 2001

Pay Per View report: July 2001

Total Estimated Buys:
    WWF Invasion: 779,000
    ECW(WWF) Heatwave: 295,000
    Pride 15: Raging Rumble: 67,000
    UFC 32: 60,000*

*=UFC pay per view was held in June.

Rob Fienstien and Gabe Sapolsky Get Promotion

The WWF has confirmed that Rob Fienstien has officially been named the chief executive of all home video related merchandise for the ECW. Fienstien's RF video was the previous distrubutor of ECW home videos before the WWF purchased the company. Fienstien's assistant, Gabe Sapolsky has been added to the payroll as an assistant booker to Paul Heyman. Sapolsky has reportedly impressed Heyman with a few of his ideas, and will be brought in as an assistant to Paul.

Jeff Jerrett Negotiating WWF Return

Sources have confirmed that Jeff Jerrett has entered into contract negotiations with the WWF. It is uncertain when Jerrett will be making his return, but sources report that it is unlikely to happen before Christmas.

CZW Calls It Quits

Combat Zone Wrestling has officially folded. The company run primarily in backyards since 1999, and even though they were able to achieve some sort of cult underground success, their failure to find a regular home venue led to their closure. CZW owner John Danzig was reportedly negotiating a deal with the owners of the ECW Arena until the venue was purchased by the WWF earlier this year.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-24-2012 at 10:09 PM.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really fucking love some of the ideas presented in your take on the Invasion PPV and the 07/23 RAW, especially how you handled Austin. My only qualm is a little too much emphasis on ECW, but considering the context/point of this thread, I can let that slide. I should definitely go back and read more of this. Seems totally interesting.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damn, if there's one guy who doesn't get his due, it's Cyrus the Virus. One of the most entertaining characters and his time in the commentary booth with Joey Styles was just fantastic on all levels. I loved the entire opening segment and really, how could I not? Already, I feel the passion and personality screaming through my computer screen. It feels like I'm being immersed in that time and reads exactly like something I'd see on my (only) ECW DVD. I'm thinking that this'll be a very good show.

If you ask people what the original ECW was all about, they'll reply that it was about the hardcore style; the blood, the weapons, the blatant disregard for safety. Ask others, they'll mention the great wrestling and the insane moves. For me, it was always about the characters. EVERYBODY had a personality, as different from the last as the next and everybody had GREAT theme songs. In the WWE, Mysterio comes to the ring with 'Booyaka' and gets picked on by average-sized people, making him the underdog. In ECW, he comes out to the loudest Metallica song and calls out the entire Triple Threat. Makes me hyped, can't wait for the main event!

This what I mean about ECW. In the WWE, you get a fat guy on the roster and his gimmick becomes 'big, strong guy who squashed jobbers for a couple of months before being fired', but in ECW he becomes Amish! If you simplify the match, making it fat guy against a chubby jobber by the name of Mikey Whipwreck, you know it's missable... but the Amish Roadkill, lover of chickens against the deranged crash test dummy? I know I keep saying it, but it's all about the characters! So much personality oozing out. A satanic minister kidnapping a chicken ANYWHERE else would be considered WrestleCrap, but in ECW it makes sense and it's even exciting to find out what'll happen next.

It's so great that instead of pretending you're the only company that exists, you're EMBRACING the outside world. It's like when an indy promotion brings in a legendary wrestler as a special attraction. You're not saying that you're any less important than they are, but you're offering a little extra for the fans. I don't know who this guy is, but I think it's cool that you're bringing in that reality element of MMA and pitting it against arguably the greatest technical wrestler in ECW, Dean Malenko. The only better choice for the match would've been Taz, because he has that pseudo-MMA style.

That was pretty much a clusterfuck of a segment. You got the personalities down perfectly. Douglas, the guy who blames everyone but himself; his own worst enemy. Malenko, the fightning champion who, face or heel, is all about the competition. He's a silent fighter, but he'll speak up when he feels the need to. And of course Cyrus, who is nothing if not throwing his weight and authorative powers around, regardless of whether people are taking it seriously or not. I liked how Cyrus had to keep changing the matches around, until he finally settled on a compromise. It shows that he wants to play boss man, but he doesn't have the necessary respect from the boys, least of all the most egotistical stable in ECW. As a negative, it was all over the place and hard to read. I'm not liking the quote boxes, or the fact that everybody gets so many lines before someone else gets their paragraph, then the next person gets a paragraph, etc. It loses the necessary flow and reads like what YOU want them to say, rather than how the segment would act out in real life. Also, you really need to go over your writing and fix up spelling mistakes.

It's kind of crazy just how open the entire ECW locker room is to breaking kayfabe. It's almost like kayfabe is so broken... that it goes right back around and becomes kayfabe again. Does that make sense? I mean, Beulah's talking about the storyline openly, it's all fake, etc. but it just adds into the storyline itself, because you begin to think that maybe the Sinister Minister really has done something bad with Tommy Dreamer and it makes you feel like he's not just some zany, over-the-top character, he really is a demented overlord. James Mitchell sounded so fucking accurate in that promo, I could hear him saying every single word... and then when I realised just how amazing your Unholy Alliance is, I almost shat bricks. Rhino, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Axl Rotten, the Acolytes and you've even got F'N VADER?! Complete with his headgear, that is one badass visual. ECW is well and truly FUCKED. I know that Dreamer and Sandman will return though and beat the ever-lasting shit outta' the Unholy Alliance, though. All we need is Metallica and Alice in Chains to play them to the ring.

Loving the ads, it adds (no pun intended) to the realism of it all. You probably don't have a clue who I'm talking about, but a long time ago a guy came around called Mr. Wonderful who did his own WCW and it remains to this day, my favourite fan fic. You write shows; you review shows, it becomes a process and often it even becomes a chore, but everytime Mr. Wonderful made a new post, I gleefully read it for the pure enjoyment and that's what I'm feeling here. If you suddenly revealed you and he were the same person, it wouldn't shock me for a moment.

I hate to be a prick and I know you probably put a lot of work into the main event, but I've done fan fic for so long now that I can barely get through a match summary, let alone a full match and when you start giving me the technical names of holds and describe the position the wrestlers are in when they go counter-for-counter, my mind doesn't just drift, it goes away on a vacation. Do what you want to do for sure, but I can't pretend I did more than skim it. With that said, I make sure to pick up the general idea of the match and the major things going on during and around it. Unsurprisingly, it's a sloppy spotfest - exactly what the ECW fans would expect. It was all over the place and full of high-risk, unsafe moves that wouldn't be cleared anywhere else. It's crazy to look back and think that they actually decided to use concrete instead of safety mats. What the hell were they thinking? I know it added so, so much to the theme of the promotion, but when you've got a roster full of hungry young guys, you've gotta' ensure their safety.

Bam Bam's out and I only wish I had read your fed before this, because I'd know why Candido and Bigelow are at war. I assume Bigelow was replaced by Dean Malenko in the Triple Threat? Either way, a classic ECW highlight with the poor female getting upskirted to the cheers of smelly virgins, followed by a completely unsafe move to a non-wrestler. I know I'm going back and forth between talking about your ECW and the real ECW, but I remember fondly when Rhino gore'd Mrs. Sandman through a table and of course the infamous piledriver through the table on the outside. No safety mats, just a wooden floor which for all intents and purposes is just as bad as the cold, hard concrete. God damn fantastic promotion.

And god damn fantastic show. You really, really, really know what you're doing here. You know the time period, you know how the shows were structured in real life and you're adding a unique twist on them that only adds emphasis to the greatness. Fantastic show.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Vince Mcmahon purchased the ECW in February he debuted at the "Rated R" show at the ECW Arena on February 16th in the first ECW show under WWF ownership. Mcmahon came out to open the show with the APA and Tazz watching his back. Vince immediately made his intentions clear that he was going to move the ECW out of Philly to Stamford Connecticut. Vince ordered all of the champions to come out. Amish Roadkill and Danny Doring came out, and were beaten down by the APA. Vince awarded Roadkill and Doring's tag team titles to the APA. Next came the ECW champion Rhino. Rhino was beaten by the APA and choked out by Taz. These actions brought out Paul Heyman. Paul said that this type of takeover was not what he promised Paul when they were negotiating the deal. Vince, Tazz, and the APA attacked Paul Heyman. Paul E. was saved when Tommy Dreamer, the Sandman, and Rob Van Dam came running out. Dreamer, Sandman, and RVD cleared the ring, and took the titles back from Vince. Paul awarded Dreamer and Sandman the tag team titles, and RVD the World title for their loyalty to the ECW in the darkest of times. The APA would eventually come out and beat Dreamer and the Sandman for the tag titles later in the evening. RVD would defeat Rhino to become undisputed ECW World Champion in the evening's main event.

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2012 at 05:17 PM.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rolling Thunder Review
    ShinobiMusashi's "ECW: The 2001 WWF Buyout"

Time to get schooled, ECW-style.

Your knowledge on this subject astounds me, to say the least. I used to think of myself as a pretty big ECW fan, but that was before I actually met an ECW fan. I got into the company about a year before Rob Van Dam's epic Television title run (sometime in '97, in the midst of Lawler's 'Extremely Crappy Wrestling' angle), so I'm somewhat unfamiliar with some of the stories and characters you refer to that happened before that time. I realize this takes place in 2001, but you know what I mean.

Hardcore TV
    Cyrus The Virus...UGH. Hate him, but love how you use him. Also loving Heyman's videos and rants. THIS is the kind of Invasion I wanted to see, even though something like this could never happen back then, or ever really.

Mysterio's segment would have been rather dull had you not had him sit atop the ladder. That was the extra touch that took that segment from "meh" to "great".

Never been a fan of Roadkill, even though he is talented. The only thing I enjoyed out of this entire segment was the match itself, which was good. This is where ECW got too weird for my tastes.

Sakuraba vs. Malenko could not have me more excited. I like how you're hyping this match with Joey Styles in Japan, the posts you made in the Fed Thread, everything. It's all awesome, and it all has me uber-excited.

Tammy Lynn Sytch...DROOL. ECW always prided themselves in their blatant sexism, which in a way, made it good. At least they came right out and said "Yeah, these women are choosing to be objects and we're making that happen. Shut the fuck up about it."

Malenko bringing back the old style belt is the icing on the cake in an otherwise good segment. No complaints here. Good set up for the Triple Threat #1 Contender's match too. That match is going to be unreal, I can tell already.

...alright, the Unholy Alliance just got a lot more interesting. Where the fuck is this going? I HAVE TO KNOW, DAMN IT.

Ladder match time! And this one delivered, although I have one major complaint: how the HELL did Rey Mysterio's legs not shatter into a million pieces when he fell off the ladder and landed on the concrete? I've been blasted for suspending realism too much in my matches before, and the same needs to happen here, because that was honestly rather ridiculous. Rey Mysterio would've broken into a million pieces on that spot and been done with wrestling forever, not get up and win the belt.

Otherwise, the match was enthralling. Incredibly well-written and organized, as to not confuse the reader. Bam Bam's spot with Sunny was awesome too, and the aftermath setting up the matches and hyping the PPV were spot on.

Overall: 8.6/10

Final shows before pay-per-views are often harder to write than the PPVs themselves. The PPV is the climax, the place where stories end and new ones begin, and are a lot of fun to write. The show before the PPV, however, is a fucking bitch most of the time. You have to keep interest at a peak, build hype more than any other show, and deliver with each and every segment in order to make the reader want to plow through an entire PPV (which is no easy task for anyone).

You did a great job here, and aside from one major complaint with the ladder match, you nailed it.

The Canadian Death Tour
    A very Canadian wrestling story by RT.
    Catch up now and stay tuned for "The Commonwealth Championship," coming soon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 25th, 1995. Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko had just finished battling to their fourth 30 minute time limit draw, and their final of nine classic matches in ECW before taking it to Nitro a few months later. Dean gave an emotional speech stating that no matter how far he goes in wrestling, he will always love and remember the ECW fans, and will always be an ECW fan himself. Emotions ran high for the fans and Malenko as he bid his farewell, and headed off to WCW.

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2012 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Matter Of Respect 2001 1/4
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2012 at 04:35 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Matter Of Respect 2001 2/4
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2012 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Matter Of Respect 2001 3/4
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2012 at 04:37 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Matter Of Respect 2001 4/4
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Raw 8-6-2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-14-2012 at 10:50 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Smackdown 8-9-2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-16-2012 at 05:58 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ECW Hardcore TV 8-10-2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-17-2012 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

August 13th, 2001
    Chicago, Ill.

WWF Lightweight Championship: Christian(WCW) vs X-Pac(WWF)(C)

Christian outclasses X-Pac, and nearly wins the WWF Lightweight Championship. Edge runs into the match, and spears Christian.

Christian wins via DQ after 4:50. Edge leaves Christian KO'd in the ring, X-Pac keeps his title.

The crowd marks out when The Rock finally comes back to Chicago.

The Rock talks about Booker T at Summerslam, and addresses Steven Regal and his assistant Ultimo Dragon attacking him on last week's Smackdown.

The Rock Calls out Regal & The Dragon for a handicapped match!

Handicapped Match: The Rock(WWF) vs Steve Regal & The Ultimo Dragon(WCW)

After a brief struggle, The Rock takes out Steven Regal with a Rock Bottom. The Rock and Ultimo Dragon put on an amazing one on one match for a few minutes until Rock finishes Dragon with The Peoples Elbow at the 9 minute mark.

After the match WCW World Heavyweight Champion Booker T runs down to the ring, and attacks The Rock. Booker T devastates The Rock until WWF wrestlers start to come out of the back to save him.

Booker T embarrasses Steve Blackmon, Val Venis, Billy Gunn, D-Lo Brown, and Rikishi one by one like a Terminator.

X-Pac manages to land a spinning heel kick on the back of Booker T's head as he was distracted. X-Pac stands up to Booker T one on one in the ring, and the crowd explodes.

X-Pac gets the crowd on their feet when he almost takes Booker T down. The Ultimo Dragon spits his green mist into the eyes of X-Pac, and Booker T KO's him with his scissor kick.

Booker T retreats with Ultimo Dragon and Steven Regal as The Rock recovers in the ring.

Buh Buh Ray Dudley(ECW) vs Bryan Clark(WWF)

Buh Buh & Clark put on a stiff as hell match. D-Von Dudley and Brian Adams begin fighting through the crowd on the outside.

Clark gets the clean win after a flying shoulder block at 5:20.

D-Von and Adams fight their way back to the ring. Bryan Clark helps Brian Adams attack D-Von.

Mike Awesome comes running out to help the Dudley Boyz. Mike Awesome takes on Kronic by himself. Adams & Clark are overwhelmed by the Mulleted Monster until Quality Control comes out.

Mick Foley, Crash Holly, Hardcore Holly, and Test decimate Mike Awesome and The Dudley Boyz.

The rest of The ECW Revolution comes out to help them. New Jack, The Godfather, Taz, Justin Credible, Al Snow, Saturn, and Lance Storm race to the ring & begin brawling with Kronic and Quality Control. Chris Jericho comes out with a steel chair. Jericho goes directly after Lance Storm. Storm is laid out.

The glass breaks, and the crowd loses it. Austin storms the ring like a madman.

Austin clears the ring. Chris Jericho gets a Stone Cold Stunner. Kronic, Chris Jericho, and Quality Control retreat the violent battle. The ECW Revolution stands tall.

Suddenly Kurt Angle ends the ECW's celebration.

Angle says that the ECW makes him sick. He praises Quality Control for their efforts to clean up the WWF, and he challenges Austin to a tag match tonight. Kurt Angle chooses Chris Jericho to be his partner against Austin and anyone he chooses.

Austin chooses Lance Storm!

Stone Cold Steve Austin & Lance Storm vs Kurt Angle & Chris Jericho tonight!

The Giant(The Big Show)(WCW) vs Taz(z)(ECW)

The Giant tosses Taz around like a ragdoll in a total squash match. Taz doesn't stand a chance. Giant gets the pinfall after 4:02.

JR reminds us that The Giant will be in the ECW Rules Elimination Style 3 Way Dance for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship against Kurt Angle, and Steve Austin at Summerslam this Sunday!

Loser Leaves Town Match: Raven(ECW) vs DDP(WCW)

DDP & Raven go to war. Bloody, violent match.

Raven puts up one hell of a fight, but its just not enough. The Peoples Champion drops DDP in the center of the ring with a Diamond Cutter for the pinfall after 11:20.

Raven has wrestled his final match in the WWF.

DDP gets a microphone and says he is finished with the mind games, he wants The Dead Man at Summerslam!

X-Pac runs into Shane Mcmahon with his bodyguard, The Wall backstage.

X-Pac tells Shane that he wants a title unification against The Ultimo Dragon at Summerslam. Shane agrees, and tells X-Pac to kiss his title goodbye.

X-Pac makes a move on Shane, but gets taken out by The Wall. The Wall slams X-Pac into a cinderblock wall, knocking him out.

The Undertaker(WWF) vs Kanyon(WCW)

Kanyon gets murdered by The Taker. Total domination.

DDP comes out to the ringside area, and distracts the Undertaker. Kanyon takes the upper hand when the Taker gets distracted by the mere presence of DDP ringside.

ECW Wrestlers come out to watch The Undertakers back. Justin Credible, Al Snow, and Perry Saturn are sent to the ring by Paul Heyman.

DDP starts fighting on the outside of the ring with Saturn & Al Snow as Kanyon dominates the Undertaker in the ring.

As the referee is distracted by the melee outside the ring, Justin Credible gets into the ring with a chair. Credible takes a swing at Kanyon, but Kanyon ducks out of the way. Justin Credible accidentally cracks The Taker in the head with a steel chair.

Kanyon hits Credible with a thrust kick knocking him out of the ring. Kanyon covers The Undertaker for the pin, and gets the win over The Legend after 7:56.

Mike Awesome & The Dudley Boyz come out to help Saturn, Al Snow, and Justin Credible as they get overwhelmed by Kanyon & Page.

Kanyon & Page escape through the crowd. The Undertaker rises up.

The Undertaker realizes that ECW just cost him the match, and he goes berserk. The Undertaker destroys Justin Credible, Saturn, Al Snow, The Dudley Boyz, and Mike Awesome in a furious explosion of anger & rage.

The Undertaker gets the microphone after completely destroying ECW, and he says that if DDP wants him at Summerslam, he will....

Rest In Peace.........

Main Event: Stone Cold Steve Austin & Lance Storm(With Paul Heyman)(ECW) vs Kurt Angle & Chris Jericho(With Mick Foley)(WWF)

Match of the year. Unbelievable pay per view quality match on free cable tv this week. All 4 guys leave it all in the ring. Jericho & Storm dazzle the crowd with technical chain wrestling, and the crowd loses it when Austin & Angle finally go toe to toe.

ECW takes the upper hand, but Quality Control attack Paul Heyman on the outside of the ring. Test, Hardcore Holly, and Crash Holly come out and destroy Paul Heyman on the outside of the ring.

Lance Storm gets double teamed by Jericho & Angle when Austin leaves the ring to help Paul E.

Austin is beaten down by Test & The Hollys. Mick Foley gives Paul Heyman a piledriver through the announcers table, and he looks like he may be legitimately hurt.

Kurt Angle gets the win for WWF after taking Storm out with an Angle Slam at the 11 minute mark. Incredible match. Storm's stock is on the rise after this match.

Paul Heyman's ECW Revolution has been completely decimated tonight. They are in seriously bad shape.

Before the show closes Vince Mcmahon comes to the ring, and asks to have a Father to Son talk.

Vince politely asks Shane Mcmahon to come to the ring by himself, without any WCW henchmen.

WCW owner Shane Mcmahon comes to the ring, but he isn't alone. He is accompanied by his personal bodyguard, The Wall.

Vince criticizes his decision to bring The Wall to the ring. Shane tells him he must be stupid if he thinks he will trust him that easily.

Vince tells Shane to bury the hatchet. Vince says he will help Shane put together a WCW tribute show next month at their exclusive One Night Stand pay per view. Vince asks Shane to stop his Invasion, and to help him run the WWF as co partners.

Shane laughs. Shane says that the pay per view next month will not be a One Night Stand, but a full on Ressurection of the WCW. Shane says that Vince broke his heart when he gave Paul Heyman his own show with the ECW. Shane asks "Why ECW?".

Vince tells Shane that he doesn't understand that business is business, and that WCW is just bad for business.

Shane disagrees. Shane says that WCW will rise up to overcome the WWF if he does not give them their own weekly show, they will take it.

Vince laughs. "Your just gonna take it?"

Suddenly, Shane's bodyguard The Wall attacks Shane!!!

The Wall chokeslams Shane Mcmahon into oblivion!

The Wall shakes Vince's hand. Vince looks at Shane's lifeless body, and tells him that he almost wiped out Heyman's "Revolution" tonight, and that he will wipe out "The Invasion" at Summerslam this Sunday Night!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As always, you continue to be one of the top "bookers" in this forum. Everything syncs so perfectly. I can't imagine a better way of melding MMA and pro-wrestling than you did with Malenko v. Sakuraba. It was truly a testament to just how far you've come and was one of the best matches I've read here. I will say that the spoiler tags kind of got to me, but I understand and respect the logic behind it. I enjoy the bits about what's going on over in the Fed concurrently, but really the best bits always come from ECW. The Anarchy Rulz concept is a bit over-the-top, but I have 100% faith that you'll deliver in such fashion as to make it pitch-perfect. Looking forward to it!
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8-16-2001
    Salt Lake City, NV
    Announcers: Michael Cole/Joel Gertner

KICKOFF: New Season of WWF Smackdown! on UPN.
    A new era began in the World Wrestling Federation with the August 16 episode of SmackDown! Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People" opened the show, which featured a brand-new logo, brand-new theme song, and even a brand-new set, complete with a fist breaking through glass and a blowaway fireworks show! Also, to celebrate the new fall season on UPN, SmackDown! was live for the first time ever!

The Rock comes out to start the show. Rock talks about his match with Booker T at Summerslam for the WCW world title.

Booker T comes out and says that he can't wait until this Sunday. The two men agree to find a tag partner to face each other in a tag match for tonights main event!

Vince Mcmahon comes out in his best mood all year after the events of Raw. Vinnie Mac talks about former WWF Commissioner Steven Regal turning on the WWF to join the WCW.

Vince orders Regal to come out. Regal comes out to the ring.

Vince Mcmahon orders Regal into a match with........

KANE!

Kane vs Regal

Regal runs from Kane for most of the match, but Kane finally gets his hands on him.

Kand smashes Regal for an easy win after 3:39. Kanyon comes out after the match dressed in his Mortis gear.

Kanyon makes his way down the isle halfway to the ring, and challenges Kane to a match at Summerslam. Kane raises his hands, and the fires of hell explode, but Kanyon doesn't even flinch.

Kanyon tells Kane that he is not scared of him. Kane tilts his head to the side. Kanyon says that he will even fight Kane in his specialty at Summerslam, an Inferno Match! Kane nods his head, and it is set.

Kane will fight Kanyon in an Inferno Match at Summerslam.

Ultimo Dragon helps Regal to the back, and is angered about his loss. The Dragon volunteers his services to Booker T in the tag match for the main event!

Booker T & The Ultimo Dragon will face The Rock and a partner to be determined.

WWF Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Hardy(C)(WWF) vs Perry Saturn(ECW)

Saturn and Hardy put on a decent match. Hardy gets the clean win over Saturn after 7:21.

Jeff Hardy gets a microphone after the match, and says that he will defend the honor of the WWF when he faces Rob Van Dam in a Ladder Match at Summerslam.

Hardy says that the way the crowd responds to RVD makes him sick. He says that he and his brother have been in the WWE for years, and aren't getting the respect they deserve.

Jeff says he doesn't trust RVD, and he doesn't like the way the crowd gets behind someone that just came here from the ECW.

Jeff says that RVD represents the best of the ECW. He concludes by saying that RVD will always be an ECW guy, and he will not let him just come in and take the title from someone who has been here for years, and paid their dues.

The Rock is shown backstage, and the crowd pops huge. X-Pac approaches The Rock backstage and asks to be his tag partner in the main event against Booker T & Ultimo Dragon.

The Rock agrees to it, and it is set.

The Rock & X-Pac will face Booker T & Ultimo Dragon in tonight's main event!

Christian comes out. Christian calls out Edge for a match at Summerslam. Edge comes out, and accepts the challenge.

Edge tells Christian that he broke his heart when he turned on him to join WCW. Christian says that he wants to move past Edge, and on to bigger things.

Christian tells Edge that he will always be his Marty Janety after Summerslam. Edge tells Christian that he didn't want to fight him, but he left him no choice.

Edge tells Christian that no matter what happens he will always love him like a brother. Christian ends the promo laughing at Edge who is visibly emotional about the upcoming match.

Test(WWF) vs The Godfather(ECW)

Test and the Godfather collide in a pretty stiff match. Godfather's grittier new persona has led to him adapting to a much more aggressive, brawling style.

Test gets the upper hand with some nice reversals, and clean wrestling technique. Test gets the win with a pinfall after 5:55.

Chris Jericho comes out to the ring with Test after the match. Jericho applauds the victory, and makes fun of The Godfather dropping the pimp gimmick while in ECW recently.

Jericho asks Test to join him, and Kronic in an 8 man tag match against Paul Heyman's ECW Revolution at Summerslam.

Jericho briefly talks about how overrated Paul Heyman and the ECW is, and says that he will embarrass ECW at Summerslam.

Paul Heyman comes out to the ramp, and tells Chris Jericho to be carefull what he wishes for. Heyman says that Jericho will face Lance Storm, The Dudley Boyz, and The Mulleted Monster Mike Awesome!

Its set!

Chris Jericho, Test, and Kronic will face Lance Storm, The Dudley Boyz, and Mike Awesome in an 8 man WWF vs ECW tag at Summerslam!

WCW's Peoples Champion comes out.

DDP talks about his upcoming match against the Undertaker. Page gets serious, and emotional as he talks about the passion that used to exist in a WCW lockerroom.

Page says that the entire WCW Invasion is about WCW Wrestlers getting another chance to work. A fair chance.

Page says that his upcoming match against the Taker will represent the best of the best of the WCW vs WWF war that is going on this weekend at Summerslam, and that he will fight to the death for the fans of WCW.

The Undertaker comes out.

The Undertaker says there will be no more games. The Undertaker challenges Diamond Dallas Page to a Hell In A Cell match at Summerslam to keep out any possible interferance.

Page accepts the challenge. It will be The Undertaker vs Diamond Dallas Page in a Hell In A Cell match this Sunday at Summerslam.

Paul Heyman comes out, and talks about the way ECW was decimated this past Monday on Raw. Paul says that it will take much more to kill the ECW.

Heyman says that he will fight the WCW until he doesn't have anything left. He says that he will take the ECW back from Vince Mcmahon, and he will use the WWF Championship when Austin wins it for him at Summerslam this weekend.

Vince Mcmahon comes to the ring with Paul Heyman. Vince tells Paul that Austin is all he has, and this Sunday Angle will eliminate him.

This brings out WCW owner Shane Mcmahon.

Shane says that The Giant will win the WWF Championship at Summerslam in the 3 way dance. Shane says that he will put the WWF title on the line at the WCW pay per view in September to ensure the success of the show.

The 3 men stare each other down in the ring with dramatic looks in their faces as the promo cuts away.

Main Event: The Rock & X-Pac(WWF) vs Booker T & Ultimo Dragon(WCW)

Such a great match. X-Pac goes at it with Booker, and briefly with Dragon in an excellent preview of their upcoming Cruiserwieght/Lightwieght title unification match at Summerslam. X-Pac gets one of the hottest tags of all time, and The Rock cleans house.

The Rock takes out Ultimo Dragon, but Booker T breaks up the pinfall. A wild brawl breaks out, and the match ends in a No Contest after 8:18.

Booker T and The Rock are going toe to toe in the ring as the show closes.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 07-21-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Thread Information