vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ECW: The 2001 WWF buyout.

Hostile City Showdown- 6/16/2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-16-2012 at 10:42 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Raw results for June 18th 2001.

Spoiler

WWF Smackdown results for June, 21st 2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-12-2012 at 12:26 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easily your best show ever. You killed it!
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMMW View Post
    Easily your best show ever. You killed it!
    Hell yeah! Thanks TMMW! Thanks for reading.

I've been doing a bit of studying, and research since the last few posts. Some of those lists, and guides in the OP Fed Thread are actually quite helpfull, especially the link to Holzehammer's site for movesets, and explanations.

I've had a blast going through, and watching a bunch of wrestling here in the past week or so. I've really enjoyed seeing a bunch of stuff from different era's, including some 2006-2007 ECW, and even most of the WWF's 2001 stuff. Seems like they really wanted to make a statement about the Attitude era with that storyline. I'm going to be putting my own little spin on the angle where Paul Hayman gets to be Paul Hayman, and the ECW gets treated the way they should have.

This thread is about to get fun due to the timeline that it is in where the Invasion is about to finally kicks off in the WWF.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore TV 6-22-2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-16-2012 at 10:43 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF King of the Ring results for June 24th 2001
    Spoiler

WWF Raw results for June 25th 2001
    Spoiler

WWF Smackdown results for June, the 28th 2001.
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-12-2012 at 12:22 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore TV 6-29-2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Raw results for July the 2nd 2001

Spoiler

WWF Smackdown results for July, the 5th 2001
    Spoiler

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't miss tomorrow nights episode of ECW Hardcore TV! Vince Mcmahon will stop by for a visit via sattelite from Connecticut with a HUGE!!! announcement.

The Pro Wrestling industry as we know it will be completely shaken up over the course of the next few months of 2001, and it all starts tomorrow night on ECW Hardcore TV!

And don't miss our next PPV in 10 Days!
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore TV 7-6-2001
    Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-29-2012 at 09:52 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

July 9th 2001 WWF Raw Results:

Spoiler

July 12th 2001 WWF Smackdown Results:

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-23-2012 at 04:42 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Fall.....

Put the women, and children to bed.....

And enjoy some Extreme entertainment

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardcore TV 7-13-2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Snake Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Shinobi, hope you are well. Iím just going to be diving right into your fed on your latest show as I have only read bits and pieces so forgive me if Iím out of the loop with some of my comments. Anyway, here is your review:
    SHINOBIíS HARDCORE TV REVIEW

Opening Package: Iíve always said that these video packages at the start of the shows work tremendously well. Iím a big fan of them as itís an easy way to recap important parts of your recent shows/PPVs that someone just diving into your fed (ie. Me) can get to grips straight away and get even just a rough idea of what is going on. Immediately, I am hooked as your recap has already thrown up some really interesting storyline developments. I like and am intrigued that Heyman isnít the sole owner of ECW.

Heyman/Foley/Quality Control: I only ever watched WWF/E when I was younger and when I was really getting into wrestling, it was when ECW was more or less done so I never actually watched an original ECW show and it was when WCW was only a year or so from going out of business. Obviously I know a lot of the ECW Originals, Cyrus is someone Iíd heard of but couldnít have put a face to him (so the pictures help too) but already he is an interesting character with his stable. I like that you hyped Heatwave so much, it makes it feel like a real fed-changing PPV. The table spot was cool and Iím sure I wouldíve enjoyed it more had I been reading throughout the six weeks of the table ban but it was still a cool spot nevertheless.

Nova vs. Chetti: You sort of summed this match up perfectly with the ďfast paced high flying matchĒ as it came off exactly like that in your writing. I also like the use of spoiler tags, I was a bit sceptical when I seen them just as they were at the start as it made me feel as if the match was chopped up a little but it worked as I thought Nova had it and then the match continues. Again, was a good, well-written match and I enjoyed it. Chetti and Guido, Vito and Sal look like a dangerous stable.

Douglas/Candido/Malenko/Mysterio/Bam/Cyrus/Funk: Good little segment, surprised by all the swearing but this is the original ECW after all. I enjoyed that segment though and I like that Cyrus is giving Douglas one last chance, makes the match have that much more importance as well and I like that you made the tag match for Heatwave also, it gets these guys all on the card and furthers and continues their storyline.
    Roadkill/Dawn: That must be one of the oddest things Iíve ever read in Fan Fiction and I donít know if itís a good thing. I mean, itís different but itís so weird, pumping chickens? Weird, very weird. I donít know how I feel about that.

APA vs. FBI: So much happening and so much to take in following that. I enjoyed it but at times it was hard to keep track. I do like that the APA are a team in your fic, I loved the APA and I like that the FBI are featured so often as it gives them a real importance and they always look dangerous. APA look strong with the win too. As for the aftermath, that was crazy. Sinister Minister is just that and Lynn never getting set on fire reminds you of exactly what the Original ECW was all about. Vader being involved in this is cool, Vader is someone I wouldíve liked to have seen when I started watching WWF/E. Interesting bit to end the show Ďyou wonít escape the Flames of his Wrathí, it keeps you intrigued.

Overall: I enjoyed the show. It was maybe a little awkward just diving in as I obviously didnít know a heck of a lot of what was happened because of that fact but I enjoyed your writing in terms of your matches and segments and you had your own little touches like the spoiler tags that I liked. Heatwave is interesting, will try and read and pop you a review for that, mate! Also, I love that Richards is almost like a Right to Censor in ECW and the stipulation to his match at Heatwave is very cool.

2013 TBG Poster of the Year

Scotland, Celtic and FC Basel
    CELTIC (SPFL CHAMPIONS 2013/14)
    FC BASEL (SSL CHAMPIONS 2013/2014; SWISS CUP FINALISTS)

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling MVP View Post
    Hey Shinobi, hope you are well. I’m just going to be diving right into your fed on your latest show as I have only read bits and pieces so forgive me if I’m out of the loop with some of my comments.
    Man, a full review for one of my shows? That is very much appreciated. Defenitely going to be dropping you one after your next show.

I only ever watched WWF/E when I was younger and when I was really getting into wrestling, it was when ECW was more or less done so I never actually watched an original ECW show.

Surprised by all the swearing but this is the original ECW after all.
    I was hoping someone woulds ask/say something about this because this is actually how Shane Douglas(and the Dudleys) would talk. He would cuss up a storm, and not hold back at all with some of the things he would say. I remember some pretty classic tirades he had in the ECW about Terry Funk, and even Vince Mcmahon, Ric Flair, and HBK.

Same goes for some of the raunchier crowd chants(lets fuck Sunny! and Francine Still Sucks Dicks for Crack!) were really chanted back in the day believe it or not. Just hoping to clarify that I'm not exaggerating any of if, that was really how it was.

Another thing I wanted to clarify was the schedule. I know that I have a few episodes that only consisit of highlights and summaries of past events, but that is how they really would do it. In between the PPV's were "Super Cards", which were pretty much just glorified house shows(for example events like Born To Be Wired, Cyberslam, House Party). Those supercards would be 2+ hours long, and would be cut up for 2 weeks worth of Hardcore TV episodes(with interviews and promos filmed later at Paul's studio in the basement of his mom's house, and edited into the show). They would sell the events on home video in their entirety(thats why I post them in their entirety) with 1 or 2 matches that weren't shown on TV(and none of the promos from the TV episodes, just the wrestling matches and events that occurred in front of the live audience). So they would have one big show filmed every month, and have that show cut up for 2 weeks worth of TV. Then they would have a couple of filler episodes to build up to those Super Cards, and everything just eventually built up to the quarterly(or bi monthly) PPV's. This schedule format was one of the reasons why the ECW was so good in my opinion. The performers were going out there and giving it everything they had because they were only doing one or two shows a month, where as in the big leagues they had to hold back in order to keep doing shows on an almost nightly/weekly basis.

They kind of strayed from that format near the end of their life(mainly due to the TNN deal), and it really kind of took away from thier distinct style. I'm going to be using that format because I like the pace that it keeps everything moving.

Roadkill/Dawn: That must be one of the oddest things I’ve ever read in Fan Fiction and I don’t know if it’s a good thing. I mean, it’s different but it’s so weird, pumping chickens? Weird, very weird. I don’t know how I feel about that.
    Yeah, that was Roadkill's gimmick back in the original ECW. He was the Angry Amish Chicken Plucker. They never went all out with it like what I was trying to do, but that was his actual gimmick believe it or not. I wanted to go all out with it as my comedy act. Dawn was Nova & Chetti's valet at the beginning of the thread. She was kidnapped by Doring & Roadkill, and fell in love with Roadkill. She left Chetti & Nova to be with Roadkill & Doring. Doring became jealous, and the two split over Dawn. Dawn & Roadkill got married, and Doring joined Quality Control. That angle is in it's final days. I don't do comedy so well.

APA vs. FBI: So much happening and so much to take in following that. I enjoyed it but at times it was hard to keep track. I do like that the APA are a team in your fic, I loved the APA and I like that the FBI are featured so often as it gives them a real importance and they always look dangerous. APA look strong with the win too. As for the aftermath, that was crazy. Sinister Minister is just that and Lynn never getting set on fire reminds you of exactly what the Original ECW was all about. Vader being involved in this is cool, Vader is someone I would’ve liked to have seen when I started watching WWF/E. Interesting bit to end the show ‘you won’t escape the Flames of his Wrath’, it keeps you intrigued.
    Interesting thing with the Unholy Alliance in my fed is that they were originally planned to be my main heel faction when I very first started. After I started getting more into it, and planning it out for the long term, a few things changed. I decided to make some major changes to the main story in the fed, but I still found a use for the Minister's Alliance down the road. The problem that created was that there just wasn't enough room on the shows for me to flesh out this big massive fued the way I originally wanted to. The Alliance's fued with all of those wrestlers is definitely something where you have to have some knowledge of what has been going on from week to week to really understand(and even then it is probobly all still a bit confusing). This is another angle that is about to go through a transition where it gets trimmed up quite a bit.

Overall: I enjoyed the show. It was maybe a little awkward just diving in as I obviously didn’t know a heck of a lot of what was happened because of that fact but I enjoyed your writing in terms of your matches and segments and you had your own little touches like the spoiler tags that I liked. Heatwave is interesting, will try and read and pop you a review for that, mate! Also, I love that Richards is almost like a Right to Censor in ECW and the stipulation to his match at Heatwave is very cool.
    Hell yeah man. I wasn't exactly planning on this show being one to be reviewed, so I was a bit nervous about what you thought of it. Mainly just a show to help build up Heatwave, but I'm glad it got you interested, and I'm really appreciative of you taking out the time to give my fed a chance. I'm going for an authentic ECW feel, so some things can seem a bit wierd if you never actually seen any of the old stuff. I created a History of ECW thread in the History of Wrestling section here as a companion peice to this thread. I know not many people have seen the original ECW so I hope I can kind of give you an idea of what was going on the ECW back in the day. Thanks again for the honest review. I appreciate the kind comments, and you can expect a full review of your next show from me in the future.

I'm looking forward to posting Heatwave. It really is going to be a turning point in the fed to where some of my goofier ideas from earlier on are finally going to start getting phased out. It is all leading up to a pretty epic November To Remember, and then an era that I can't wait to get my hands on...2002!

I'll be posting it when it is 100%, perhaps next weekend. Keep an eye out for it.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-11-2012 at 08:17 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heatwave 2001 Preview

Six Man Tag Match With The ECW World & FTW Championships On The Line
    Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, Rey Mysterio Jr.
    VS
    The Triple Threat(Shane Douglas, Chris Candido, and Dean Malenko, with Francine, and Tammy Sytch)

One pinfall wins the match. If either champion is pinned(Terry Funk is the World Champ, and Mysterio is the FTW Champ) they will lose their title.

Spoiler

Loser Leaves Town Street Fight To Be ECW Executive Commisioner With Special Guest Referee Mick Foley
    Paul Heyman vs Cyrus

Spoiler

Fall's Count Anywhere "Banned For Life" Match(Losers are Banned for life from ECW)
    New Jack and The Godfather
    vs
    Danny Doring, and Bull Buchanan(With Cyrus)

Spoiler

Inferno Match
    Vader(With The Sinister Minister) vs Jerry Lynn

Spoiler

Tables Match(If Richards puts Sabu through a table it is to be the final table ever broken in ECW history. If Sabu wins the table priveledges will be restored in ECW for eternity)
    Sabu(W/Bill Alfonso) vs Stevie Richards(W/Cyrus)

Spoiler

AJ Styles(With Arn Anderson) vs Kid Kash

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-05-2012 at 12:54 AM. Reason: whoops! double post. My internet service is jacked up. At least I got a shameless PPV plug out of it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such terrific build-up to what looks to be a fantastic show. I can't wait to read it. I believe you're one of the most underrated creative people in fan-fic and each time you post there's always something great to digest. I do question the idea of the Inferno match involving Vader, but that's just a minor thing so who cares? Keep up the awesome work!
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heatwave 1 of 4: Introduction

Heatwave 7-15-2001 PPV Part 1/4

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-05-2012 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heatwave 2 of 4

Heatwave 2001 Part 2/4

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-05-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heatwave 3 of 4

Heatwave 2001 Part 3/4

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-05-2012 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heatwave 4 of 4: The Finale

Heatwave 2001 Part 4/4

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-04-2012 at 11:59 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to start at the beginning tonight, but I noticed there are way too many shows to do that. So I read the first show to acquintated with it, and I read Heatwave. Really enjoying this seeing as I didn't watch in 2001. The Arn Anderson promo is top notch, and the idea behind the Old School Posse. Kash's follow up promo was good too. Really like how the match advanced along with the Posse getting involved. Straw Hat guy.

Sabu/Stevie Richards. Richards is one of the most underrated wrestlers ever in my opinion. Never understood the hate for the guy. The match was excellent. My favorite of the two so far. The nearfalls had me at the edge of my seat. Straw Hat guy and Faith No More Guy was one of the highlights of the match. The beatdown of Straw Hat Guy by the Hardcore Control was great. I really liked it.

Vader/Jerry Lynn. It's VADER TIME! Yep, I love your Vader and Unholy Alliance so much. Beulah.

Falls count anywhere Banned for life match. at the video game spot. New Jack and the Godfather.

Who would ever do that to Dawn Marie?

How...how...how...could Foley do that to Heyman?

The main is undescrible. I fucking loved it. Especially the final sequences. I see something big happening with Candido/Douglas.

Heatwave was a great pay per view. The matches were great. I'm not used to reading a hardcore federation. The first time is always the best. My favorite parts from the show was Foley screwing over Heymen and The Unholy Alliance trying to set fire to everyone in the ring. Can't wait to read the other shows and PPVs.

The format is very easy to follow too.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Raw Results July 16, 2001.

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 07-20-2013 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Smackdown Results July 19, 2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-14-2012 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7-20-2001

This week's episode of ECW Hardcore TV kicks off in the studio with Joey Styles.

Joey Styles:

Hello everyone, and welcome to this week's episode of ECW Hardcore TV. I am your host Joey Styles, and tonight we are going to take a look at last Sunday's Heatwave Pay Per View.

The show has set the wrestling world on fire because not only do we have a new ECW World champion, but we also have a new ECW Executive Commisioner. The WWF's own Cyrus of the ECW Quality Control division defeated Paul Heyman at Heatwave to become the new ECW Executive Commisioner. Heyman's longtime friend Mick Foley turned on Heyman to help Cyrus take over as the new boss here in ECW.

Tonight, we are going to take a look at the events that unfolded at last Sunday's Heatwave. We are also going to recap the events of WWF Raw and Smackdown shows where Paul Heyman united a group of ECW alumni currently under contract with the WWF for a "Revolution".

We also have an exclusive never before seen dark match from Heatwave between Guido and Spike Dudley that almost stole the show, so stay with us tonight as we take a look back at last Sunday's critically acclaimed ECW Heatwave Pay Per View.

AJ Styles match against Kid Kash from Heatwave is shown in it's entirety. The match is preceeded by the Old School Posse's new manager, Arn Anderson giving his now infamous "You People" shoot promo to the ECW audience.

Styles got the victory with a pinfall at 9:47, and remains undefeated in the ECW. With their new manager Arn Anderson, the Old School Posse continues to make noise in the ECW. AJ Styles, Steve Corino, and CW Anderson are a force to be reckoned with.

We return to the studio with Joey Styles after the match, as we begin to take a look at some of the highlights from Heatwave. Clips of Sabu's brutal, highly physical tables match against Stevie Richards are shown. Sabu liberated the ECW from any table restrictions indefinitely by defeating Stevie Richards. Joey goes on to say that a near riot broke out in the arena when Quality Control's heavily armored "Hardcore Control" unit came out after the match, and assaulted longime front row ECW season ticket holder, John "Straw Hat Guy" Bailey(who interfered in the match by holding Stevie Richards on the table to prevent him from rolling off before Sabu somersualted onto him to win the match).

More clips are shown of the "too violent for TV" match between New Jack & The Godfather vs Quality Control's Bull Buchanan & Danny Doring. New Jack lept from the Eagles Nest of the ECW Arena down onto Doring through a table before lacerating Bull Buchanan's forehead open with an exacto knife, but it wasn't enough. New Jack & The Godfather were handcuffed, and beaten with chairs before Danny Doring pinned New Jack, officially banning both he and the Godfather from the ECW for life in the process.

The segment ends with a highlight clip of the brief match between Paul Heyman and Cyrus for the title of ECW Commisioner. As the clips play, Joey says that The loser would go on to be fired from the ECW, and Paul's longtime friend Mick Foley was the special guest referee. Foley would doublecross Heyman, and join Quality Control after assaulting Heyman with a chair. With the victory, Cyrus has total control of the ECW, and Heyman has officially been fired.

Joey Styles then updates the fans on the happenings on WWF Raw and Smackdown this week as a highlight package plays.

Joey Styles:

The next night on Raw, Heyman made his intentions clear when he confronted Vince and Shane Mcmahon. Paul turned down an offer to joing Shane's invading WCW faction in an Alliance, and told Vince that he was out for revenge for the way he was methodically screwed out of the ECW over the past 2 years.

Shane set up the main event for this Sunday's WWF Invasion Pay Per View. A traditional WCW War Games match between the WCW vs WWF. The stipulations were set that if WCW wins, they would get an exclusive "One Night Only" pay per view in September to prove to Vince that the fans still want a weekly WCW show(If the PPV is successfull, WCW will be fully ressurected, and will take over Smackdown). If Vince's WWF team wins, Shane, and all of his WCW wrestlers would be banished from WWF for life, and blackballed in the pro wrestling industry. At the end of Raw, a wild brawl broke out between the WWF vs WCW vs ECW. During the melee, New Jack made his WWF debut to aid his fellow alumni alongside his new partner in crime, the Godfather. The debut was short lived, as ECW's Quality Control division also made their WWF debut, and chased the ECW alumni through the crowd, and out of the building.

Last night on Smackdown, Paul Heyman made a deal with Vince Mcmahon to put an ECW team in the main event of Invasion to make it a 3 way dance "War Games" match. Heyman and Mcmahon came to the agreement that if the ECW lost, Heyman would be released from his WWF contract. If ECW wins, Heyman will be reinstated in ECW as a performer.

Don't miss Invasion in less than 48 hours, on Sunday night. It's going to be ECW vs WCW vs WWF, and the entire pro wrestling industry will be at stake.

Don't miss Paul Heyman's final stand for the ECW this Sunday Night.

Guido Maritato vs Spike Dudley

vs

This was a dark match from the Heatwave PPV on July 15th 2001. Spike makes his entrance first to his classic entrance theme, Highway to Hell by ACDC.

The theme from the Godfather Motion Picture begins to play as Guido makes his entrance with the FBI by his side. Guido is accompanied to the ring with Sal E. Graziano, Vito Lagrasso, Chris Chetti, and Johnny The Bull.

Spoiler

The next segment is a replay of the inferno match between Vader and Jerry Lynn from Heatwave.

Vader decimated Jerry Lynn, and powerbombed him through a flaming table for the victory after 7:52. The Sinister Minister's Unholy Alliance(The APA, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Mikey Whipreck, Rhino, Axle Rotten, and the Insane Clown Posse) stormed the ring to further destroy Lynn, but Lynn's friends came to his aid. Super Crazy, La Parka, Psicosis, Amish Roadkill, Spike Dudley, and Balls Mahoney came out to save Jerry Lynn(All of the wrestlers have been haunted by the Unholy Alliance after turning down invitations to join the devious faction). The powerfull Unholy Alliance quickly gained momentum of the battle, and piled all 7 men up on top of each other in the center of the ring for a human bonfire. Just before the Unholy Alliance immolated the 7 men, Beulah Mcgilicutty made her return to ECW to save the men with a fire extinguisher. Beulah is the wife of Tommy Dreamer, who was placed inside a casket along with the Sandman back in May at Hardcore Heaven, and the casket was burned until nothing was left. No remains were found, and both Dreamer and the Sandman have been missing ever since.

We return from our break to join Joey Styles in the studio.

Joey Styles:

Last Sunday's Heatwave pay per view was a huge success for the ECW, and we would like to thank our fans from the bottom of our hearts for keeping the ECW going with their strong support.

Speaking of Heatwave, lets take a look back at the unbelievable six man tag team main event between the Triple Threat(Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko, and Chris Candido) and Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Rey Mysterio.
    A highlight clip plays from the main event of Heatwave as Jeoy Styles talks about what unfolded.

Joey Styles:

Terry Funk's ECW World Title was on the line in this match, but The story of the match was the way that Rey Mysterio stole the show, and dazzled the crowd by taking on each and every member of the Triple Threat one by one. Mysterio absolutely electrified the ECW Arena, and put on a performance for the ages.

Chaos ensued later on in the match, and Mysterio and Bam Bam would take their fight with Chris Candido and Dean Malenko to the backstage area.

Shane Douglas and Terry Funk squared off one on one, and their legendary rivalry took the center stage as the nearly 60 year old Terry Funk inspired the crowd with his incredible heart.

In the backstage area Tammy "Sunny" Sytch attacked Bam Bam Bigelow, and Rey Mysterio with an electric tazer, leaving both men unconscious in the back.

Candido and Malenko returned to the ring to help Shane Douglas bring an end to the legendary Terry Funk's title reign in the ECW. Funk took out Douglas, and Candido before being overwhelmed by Malenko with the Texas Cloverleaf. Terry Funk passed out due to excessive bloodloss, and the referee stopped the match, and declared Dean Malenko the new ECW World Champion.

Joey Styles:

Dean Malenko helped Funk recover to his feet, and offered a handshake out of respect for Terry Funk's performance against the Triple Threat. Funk scolded Malenko at first before raising the hand of the new champion like a true legend.

Funk bowed out with class, and Shane Douglas entered the ring with a look of jealeousy on his face. After a brief, tense standoff where Douglas and Malenko looked each other in the eyes, Douglas gave Malenko an applause, and told him that "It was about time".

Douglas felt that Malenko deserved a world title for all he's done in his career, and the Triple Threat lifted an emotional new champion up onto their shoulders to celebrate together as the show closed.

You do not want to miss next weeks episode of Hardcore TV. The Triple Threat will be in the house along with Mysterio, Bam Bam, and Terry Funk. What will happen next? Tune in next week to find out.
    Joey closes the show by giving the fans a rundown of the upcoming schedule for the ECW. Joey elaborates on the recent cross promotion deal with the ECW and Japanese MMA promotion Pride Fighting Championships. Joey will be a special guest commentator at their July 29th Pride 15 pay per view. The move was made by the WWF to counter the recent moves the UFC has made in the pay per view market with their new owners(Zuffa LLC), and to promote the ECW among the international MMA community in an effort to expand the ECW's audience.

Joey adds that Pride's biggest star, and one of the best MMA fighters on the planet, Kazushi Sakuraba was a special guest at Heatwave. Sakuraba issued a challenge to the ECW, and wanted a shot at the ECW World Champion at the next big ECW Arena show, A Matter of Respect. Joey gives the fans a bit of a background on Sakuraba, and says that he was trained in grappling by the legendary catch wrestler Billy Robinson. Styles adds that Sakuraba has a background in pro wrestling in the Japanese UWFI, and Kingdom Pro Wrestling federations in the mid 90's. Sakuraba then used his remarkable catch wrestling abilities, and pro wrestling toughness to rise up the ranks of the international MMA scene.

Sakuraba won the UFC Ultimate Japan tournament in December of 1997, and in 1998 he would become the most popular fighter in the world when he dominated the Pride FC promotion with his dazzling fighting style, and charismatic personality. Sakuraba scored huge victories over Ken Shamrock's Lion's Den alumni Vernon White, and an amazing grappling display against Carlos Newton. Sakuraba then scored a dominant victory over UFC Phenom Vitor Belfort. Sakuraba continued to rise up the Pride ranks with a string of impressive victories until the Spring of last year when he defeated the best MMA fighter the sport has ever known.

Kazushi Sakuraba used his catch wrestling abilities to upset the undefeated UFC legend Royce Gracie in a 90 minute classic fight in Pride.

Joey Styles:

Sakuraba is one of the best grapplers on the planet earth, and I can't even begin to fathom a match between him and ECW World Champion Dean Malenko. Sakuraba issued the challenge at Heatwave, and has vowed to be at the next big ECW Arena show. That show is 3 weeks away, on August 4th, and we all know that a lot can happen in 3 weeks. You do not want to miss the next few episodes of ECW Hardcore TV, and you have to be in the Arena on August 4th for ECW's A Matter Of Respect 2001.

After that we will make our return to pay per view with Anarchy Rulz on Sunday Night September 2nd 2001 with a match that has already been signed for by Paul Heyman in his last days as ECW Executive Commisioner. The winner of this match will be guaranteed a title shot at the ECW's biggest show ever, November to Remember 2001.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-14-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Thread Information