Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

Roster
    Spoiler

Champions
    Spoiler

Upcoming iPPV
    Spoiler

Upcoming FOX Special
    Spoiler

Show Archive
    Spoiler

Extras

Last edited by TMMW; 06-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

COMING SOON TO GOFIGHTLIVE.TV:

WCW proudly presents The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament! Eight men will battle it out to be named the first new WCW Champion in over a decade! Pro wrestlers that you know and have yet to meet will go at it in a single-elimination tournament with a champion to be crowned all in one night.

Professional wrestlers competing in the tournament include: Brent Albright, Kurt Angle, The Necro Butcher, Steve Corino, Alberto Dos Caras, Chris Hero, CM Punk, & Adam Pearce.

PLUS~! The world debut of what could be the most dominate force to ever
    step foot in the ring: DOOMSDAY. From the Land of the Rising Sun comes a force to be reckoned with. In a tag team exhibition, the team of DOOMSDAY - comprised of Japanese wrestling stars Takeshi Morishima & Bison Smith - will face off against independent pro wrestling's cult classic tag team: Fastball Special ("The Generic Luchadore" El Generico & "The Intrepid Traveler" Paul London).

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to Fan Fiction. It's always nice to see a new face and a new fed, especially one with such a talented roster. However, can I suggest that you try formatting and colours to make your fed look more presentable? Also, take a look at our rules and guidelines, check out Fed Thread and other feds to give you more of an idea of what FF is about.

Thanks.
    Man of the world.

vCash
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I co-sign everything WMS just said but I also want to add my excitement. I've loved your posts in the Wrestling forums so I'm psyched for this.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WMS
    Welcome to Fan Fiction. It's always nice to see a new face and a new fed, especially one with such a talented roster. However, can I suggest that you try formatting and colours to make your fed look more presentable? Also, take a look at our rules and guidelines, check out Fed Thread and other feds to give you more of an idea of what FF is about.

Thanks.
    Eh, I'm not big on that stuff (HTML, etc.). To me the meat is in the stories that I'll be telling. I'll probably toss together some text-based logos in Photoshop, but that's about it. If it's something I have to do, then I guess count me out. I didn't think there was that much to the whole fantasy booking-thing here. Sorry.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Newswire (8/19/11)

- Anticipation is already building for the 8/27 iPPV, "The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament," LIVE on GoFightLive.tv! GFL has informed WCW executives that pre-buys have been strong and continue to increase. We at WCW want to assure those who are giving us a chance that the statement of "Wrestling for the 21st century" isn't just our tagline - it's our state of being. If you have yet to purchase the iPPV off of the GoFightLive.tv website - do so now!

- WCW officials were surprised this afternoon with a voicemail message left in German. Not much could be made out from this message, with the notable exception of "Generico." Could something be in store for "The Generic Luchadore" on 8/27? There's only one way to find out: order now on GoFightLive.tv!

- Tickets are currently on sale at WCWshop.com for the 8/27 iPPV which will take place live in Atlanta, GA at Center Stage. Center Stage is rich with WCW history and the 8/27 show will be no different. Tickets are selling fast (front row is already gone!), so act quick. If you can't be there in person, make sure you check out GoFightLive.tv to order it.

- WCW.com will be making a HUGE announcement next week about the state of WCW action and how you will be able to view it on a weekly basis.

- WCW officials were sent a video clip to place on our a web site this morning. Unfortunately, due to the content (lots of guns and swearing), we cannot in good conscience upload it. We do feel confident, however, in summarize the general message of the video for you: The Briscoe Brothers are coming.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMMW
    EDIT: No pics or anything. Unnecessary. All that matters are the stories to follow.
    This just gave me a boner. Now don't give me blue balls.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Newswire (8/25/11)

- We are only two days away from one of the biggest wrestling events of the year: The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament! WCW will be reborn on 8/27, LIVE on GoFightLive.tv iPPV! Tickets are SOLD OUT for the event, which will feature an eight-man tournament to crown the first WCW Champion of the new era. Wrestling greats involved include CM Punk and Kurt Angle. Tickets may be sold out, but you can still order it from GoFightLive.tv and watch it LIVE on iPPV this Saturday at 8:00 pm.

- WCW officials were left another strange voicemail this week. Again, the comments were in German so unfortunately the message has not been fully decoded. However, like last the time - the name "Generico" was mentioned. Is something ominous in store for El Generico and Paul London at this Saturday's iPPV? The cult-sensation tag team is already faced with the daunting task of DOOMSDAY (Bison Smith & Takeshi Morishima). For the answers to these questions and more, make sure you order the iPPV this Saturday from GoFightLive.tv!

- Lastly, officials are happy to announce the date of our NEXT live event. This event will take place on 9/3, live from Center Stage in Atlanta, GA - the site of this Saturday's iPPV! However, it's definitely worth mentioning that this isn't just any live event. This will be the first taping for the official WCW Internet TV show! You'll be able to catch WCW action on a weekly basis beginning 9/10/11 from WCWwrestling.com! To get in on the ground floor and be a part of his HUGE and HISTORIC event, visit WCWwrestling.com NOW for tickets!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- The show opens with a video detailing the history of WCW and the NWA. Lots of great clips are shown from the 80s and 90s, before ending on a somber note with clips from the final Nitro in 2001. The video then explodes with clips derived from the indy scene, Mexico, and Japan over the last decade highlighting wrestlers such as Kurt Angle, Alberto Dos Caras, The Necro Butcher, and CM Punk. It comes to end with stark white text on a black background that reads: "Pro wrestling for the 21st century."

- Cut immediately to ringside and a cameraman runs around the ring catching the vocal crowd. It finally ends on the commentary team of Lenny Leonard and Austin Aries. Lenny Leonard welcomes the fans, calling this one of the biggest events he's ever been to. He says there are some 800 fans in attendance and that Center Stage has been sold out for weeks in anticipation of this event. A graphic pops up with the tournament brackets, which end up as:

CM Punk vs. The Necro Butcher
    Steve Corino vs. Alberto Dos Caras
    Kurt Angle vs. Adam Pearce
    Chris Hero vs. Brent Albright

Lenny then gives his prediction to win: Chris Hero. Austin Aries is pulling for CM Punk. Lenny Leonard thanks the fans again and the camera cuts to the middle of the ring with Bobby Cruise who starts the introductions for the opening match.

Match 1: Brent Albright vs. Chris Hero
    Spoiler

- On the stage behind the ring stands Lenny Leonard. Lenny brings out The Necro Buthcer. Necro is wearing a black t-shirt that reads, "Drink. Smoke. Fight." Necro promises to pile the bodies to the sky and gets in the ring. CM Punk comes out next and complains about how it's beneath him to wrestle a "heathen" like Necro. CM Punk threatens to call the police about the hobo in a public area, but then decides to take care of the hobo-problem himself.

Match 2: Necro Butcher vs. CM Punk
    Spoiler

- We cut back to ringside where Lenny Leonard profusely apologizes for the previous match. Austin calls him a wimp, for it. He says Punk gave Butcher exactly what that hobo deserved. Lenny tosses back to Bobby Cruise for introductions for the next match.

Match 3: Kurt Angle vs. Adam Pearce
    Spoiler

- Leonard catches Angle before he departs and asks Angle for his thoughts. Angle says that Pearce is indicative of the level of talent he has to face in WCW. He comments on how Pearce is a former NWA World Champion and is no slouch and then compliments Pearce on a hard-fought battle (off-screen, Pearce gives Angle the middle finger). Angle says that the time of fighting guys pretending to be movie villains and men with DayGlo tans is over. Angle leaves and Bobby Cruise does intros for the next match.

Match 4: Alberto Dos Caras vs. Steve Corino
    Spoiler

- Lenny Leonard brings to the stage one of the more famous tag teams on the indy scene, The Briscoes. Mark and Jay yell incoherently for a minute or so before finishing with a "MAN UP!" When they leave, a young man runs onto the stage and tells Leonard something in his ear. Leonard then dramatically announces something has happened in the locker room.

- In the locker room we see Paul London and El Generico laid out. Leonard rushes into the shot asking some surrounding wrestlers if they knew what happened. One of them points rolls London onto his belly to reveal a spray-painted, red cross on his back.

- A video segment plays hyping the debut of WCW on the Internet.

- Back to ringside where Lenny announces that the scheduled DOOMSDAY vs. Fastball Special match will not be taking place at this time. He says officials are working hard to come up with a replacement later on. A graphic pops up with updated tournament brackets. Aries points out that Dos Caras gets an automatic shot at the finals since Butcher and Punk were counted out. Another young man comes out and says that replacements have been found for Fastball Special. The camera cuts to Cruise in the ring for the intros.

Match 5: Caleb Konley/Sal Rinauro vs. DOOMSDAY
    Spoiler

- At ringside Lenny Leonard wants to know what happened to Fastball Special. Aries pontificates that it has something to do with the mysterious voicemails that WCW officials had been receiving during the week. Leonard announces a brief intermission.

- INTERMISSION

- Lenny Leonard welcomes the fans back and they show the updated tournament brackets again. Leonard takes the opportunity to hype the upcoming television taping on 9/3. Leonard tosses it over to Cruise, who is in the ring and ready for intros.

Match 6: Kurt Angle vs. Chris Hero
    Spoiler

- Kurt Angle, exhausted, offers a handshake to Hero. Hero just spits on him and leaves. Alberto Dos Caras storms the ring from nowhere and attacks Angle, kicking off the main event!

Main Event: Kurt Angle vs. Alberto Dos Caras - WCW Championship Match
    Spoiler

- Medics take Kurt Angle out of the ring. Alberto spits on Angle as he's taken out. Dory Funk, Jr. comes out and presents Alberto with the WCW Championship. Alberto cuts a promo in Spanish to piss the fans off. Trash fills up the ring. Leonard doesn't like that Dos Caras won, but admits he did it fairly. The show ends with Dos Caras on a turnbuckle, raising the WCW Championship in the air.

vCash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have much to say about your debut show except that I really enjoyed skimming over it. I wish you presented your matches a little bit differently (i.e. spoiling Angle going into the finals), but that's just one little thing. I like your format, it's super easy to read and you managed to get everything told that needed to be told. Very inspiring for me, as I'm having a hard time getting off the ground with a fed, but reading this gave me a general idea of how I could present.

Anyway, great presence. Glad you're in Fan Fic and CANNOT wait to see what you have in store, following tonight.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the comments. Didn't even think about the spoilers. I'll figure out a way to address that next time I run a tournament like this.

vCash
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah my suggestion with a tournament like that would be to name the matches differently. Say like Semi Finals - Match One, then have who is in the match in the top of the spoiler section, like Kurt Angle vs. Chris Hero. That way you wouldn't spoil who makes it through and who doesn't. On the show it was a great read, I didn't know a few guys but that's ok and the main event felt like it would have been a treat to watch. Good luck with this man
    Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Newswire (8/30/11)

- The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament is in the record books, and the winner and first WCW Champion of the modern-era is none other than Alberto Dos Caras! The Mexican Aristocrat had something of an easy path to the championship, but nonetheless he remains the champion. Early word is that his first defense might be sooner than he thinks.

- We are only days away from our live Internet TV taping. Tickets in at Center Stage are already sold out, but you will be able to view the action first hand on your computer one week from Saturday!

- Talent on hand for the show includes: WCW Champion Alberto Dos Caras, Kurt Angle, CM Punk, The Necro Butcher, Steve Corino, Adam Pearce, DOOMSDAY, Fastball Special, The Briscoes, Brent Albright, Chris Hero, Eddie Edwards, and Davey Richards!

- WCW Officials are looking into the matter at hand as it relates to the assault laid on Fastball Special last Saturday.

- WCW Officials are happy to announce some regulations regarding the WCW Championship. The title, at a minimum, must be defended once a calendar month. That is to say, the championship must be defended at some point between September 1 and September 30 and then at some point between October 1 and October 31. There is no specific number of days between defenses.

- Additionally, WCW is making a progressive move as far as regulations go in the pro wrestling environment. Foreign objects will not be accepted in the ring. However, it is accepted and understood that things can get out of hand in the ringside area. In moments like that, it will be up to the referee's discretion as to whether not to signal for a disqualification. Additionally, while the standard might be a 10-count, in WCW referees will be using a 20-count when wrestlers stray to the outside.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the most recent Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    - There were a lot of people backstage on Saturday night in Atlanta for the WCW show. Big names including Jake Roberts, Shawn Michaels, and John Layfield.

- The big plan, as of now, is to build the promotion around established guys (Kurt Angle) taking off relatively new-to-the-world guys (Alberto Dos Caras) with the idea that it will help kick-start a cyclical process of continually building new stars, milking those stars, and then using those stars to build new stars. Great idea, but it almost never ends up happening that way.

- Many of the higher end officials were very pleased with how the show came off as far as in-ring content, video production, and the fans go.

- There is another show scheduled for 9/3 which will be a TV taping for an Internet TV show. The show is already sold out. They're using an attendance model for business, where they're basing all profits off of selling seats.

- Backstage, Kurt Angle and CM Punk emerged as locker-room leaders. One person described it as "completely unlike any major promotion ever, where the old guys were genuinely helping new guys get prepped and going over ideas for matches with them."
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been meaning to post this review for a few days (stupid 55-hour weeks).

First and overall, I love your no-nonsense/streamlined approach to this fed. You rebuking the norms of fed presentation is so bad ass. Also, the brevity and clarity of your writing makes it easy and a joy to read.

Also overall, I actually like the use of the WCW brand here. It's such a recognized name that it prevents superstar talent like CM Punk, Kurt Angle and Alberto Del Rio from sticking out like a sore thumb. On the flipside of that, you also use relatively well known talent from the independent scene... so it all seems to fit in a way.

Now, onto your first show/iPPV...

An overall note regarding your first show: you write match summaries very well. Some of the terminology used in them breaks the fourth wall here and there (e.g. "does several spots to hurt the arm"), but fuck it... who really cares about the fourth wall? Every match is engaging and each one tells enough of a story to be worth all the words used.

I don't know how to organize this review, so bear with me if it's a little less than structured.

I'm not familiar with Lenny Leonard, but Austin Aries seems like an interesting (a good interesting) choice to play the heel color commentator.

I've already read everything, so these are hindsight notes:

-The opener match would be a great way to hook the audience and kick off the night if this happened in real life. Albright looks reasonably strong, which in turn makes Hero seem all the stronger when he goes over. This is a good setup for Hero's strong push to the semifinals.

-I dug the Necro/Punk brawl and double count-out much more than I thought I would at the outset. I'm definitely left wondering where this will lead... a) because I think Necro cares more about kicking ass than winning titles, whereas the opposite seems to hold true for Punk; and b) Punk is a pretty big name in this fed, and him not making it to the finals is very interesting. This match and finish keeps all parties looking strong. I definitely dig it. For some reason, it reminded me of a chaotic Foley brawl.

-Angle/Pearce is a nice, glorified squash for Angle. If Punk is out, it's definitely clear after this that Angle is going to the finals via the semifinals. You know that one of the heels is getting the bye, and it makes sense to give it to Del Rio because Hero arguably needs the extra match to build him up more for the readers who are less familiar. Only other note about this match is that it begins setting up the umpteen Angle Slams that we'll see tonight that never have enough umph to finish anyone. I can't fault you for that though. If anything, that's adding an element of realism. It would be nice though to see the Angle Slam return to glory as a legit finisher.

-PS, I fucking love time limits. Between the matches so far and how they've played out, how the brackets are set up, how the tournament unfolds, the addition and use of built-in drama via time limits... it is crystal clear that a) you know exactly what you're doing as a booker; and b) you're a fucking ace when it comes to booking (IMO).

-I like the non-backstage backstage segments with Lenny catching talent either en route to the ring or en route to the back. Seems more gritty and real, less staged and gives me less of a reason to have to suspend my disbelief... I like.

-Angle puts Pearce over post-match with his words, but I don't think it's going to do much for Pearce. I see Pearce being a JTTS in this incarnation of WCW. I have no problem with that though since I'm not very familiar with him.

-The pre-match stuff for Corino/Del Rios is classic Del Rio. He shows enough personality there that I can buy him as the top heel in WCW. I like the notes from commentary during this match especially. You're very talented at something that is very hard, IMO, and that is taking snippets of very summarized commentary and interjecting them into match summaries (while maintaining the commentators' voices, no less) to build up either the characters in the ring, the story being told in the ring and/or both. I see Corino being the face equivalent of Pearce. Slightly less glorified squash gives Del Rio the push into the finals.

-I got a good laugh out of the Briscoes promo. London and Generico being laid out raises intrigue, as does the red cross. I'm not familiar with stuff from the independent scene, so I don't know if the red cross is a dead obvious giveaway or not about who is behind this.

-I appreciated the realism of the time killing/stalling between announcing that the DOOMSDAY match was off and finding a replacement set of challengers. The ensuing squash was all sorts of awesome, and I love your pairing of Smith and Morishima as this DOOMSDAY team. The match description gave me this perfect vision of a awesome and fitting LOD homage. It fits. I fucking love their update/puro spin on the Doomsday Device. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this tag team in your WCW.

-Oh, duh... Between the voicemails in German or whatever and looking at your roster page, the red cross has to do with The Cross - Aries and Claudio. I'm such an idiot. That ought to be an interesting pairing with an interesting gimmick. Your heel tag teams are already looking much more interesting that whatever face tag teams you have going on. I don't really care if you ever balance that out or not, because DOOMSDAY is that fucking awesome.

-Intermissions are overdone. I'd rather just have seen the show flow right into the semifinal match. If that's my biggest qualm about your show though, I'd say that you're doing something pretty fucking right and hitting the nail pretty fucking dead on the head.

-Angle/Hero was easily the showstealer. It makes Hero look pretty fucking strong, and I just know he'll be a big player in WCW. Angle's Angle Slam continues to be a practically pointless finisher, but at least Angle is bringing legitimacy back to cradles. That's about all I'm going to comment on. I'll start sounding too marky if I continue much longer on about this match, how well the summary read and drew me in, how awesome your booking mind and writing are, etc.

-I love Hero rejecting the handshake and spitting on Angle. Angle eventually becoming everyone's spittoon tonight is kind of funny. I also love Del Rio jumping Angle. Totally fits Del Rio's character, saves Angle's face if/when he loses, and reminds me of Jericho's fun run through Austin and Rock at Vengeance '01.

-The main event was the second best match of the night. The only drawback, besides having to immediately follow the showstealer, was that it was pretty obvious that Del Rio was going to win. That aside, the match/match summary was still an extremely entertaining ride. Angle passing out keeps him strong, and I kind of hope you ride him into the ground in this fed. I'd like to see the Wrestling Machine finally breakdown beyond repair in a fed and be sold to the junk yard for scrap. A retirement angle or something, with wrestling's never-say-die veteran riding off into the sunset or something. I don't know. I pretty much just want to see Angle die a triumphant/tragic death in the ring in FF. Is that so wrong of me?

-Love the ending/post-match stuff. Fuck sending the fans home happy. Just kidding. With all the awesome in-ring (and out-of-ring) action they've seen tonight, there's no way the fans can't be happy.

-Overall, pretty fun and solid first show - really set the tone of this fed well. I can't wait for more.

Finals/additional thoughts: really fucking interesting final note in your 8/30 newswire regarding action at ringside. Given the glimpse I've already been given of your booking genius, it'll be super intriguing to see how this regulation comes into play. Also, this feels more like vintage WCW now with special regulations. Hopefully there will be no rules against throwing anyone over the top rope during matches. The notes from WON, especially about who was backstage, are also very interesting. I can see JBL and Roberts both being fucking bad ass fits in this WCW. Fuck Shawn Michaels. Just kidding. I can see you making HBK work in this fed too, and in a pretty sick way.

All in all, if you stick with this and update it regularly enough, I can see this easily being a FF-P10 #1.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the kind words. As far as the 4th wall goes, I recommend you view the write-ups as a review written for a wrestling web site. I used to do full-on, move-by-move recaps with commentary a la Scott Keith (in fact, I was basically mimicking him). That can be real draining and over time I resorted to the recap-style I'm using here, which I prefer.

Again, I really appreciate the kind words.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From F4wrestling.com:

Quote Originally Posted by F4Wrestling.com
    - In what could be considered quite the unusual circumstances, WCW officials made contact with just about every prominent wrestling web site last night (including us) as it relates to spoilers for this afternoon's tapings. In effort to contain the spoiler outbreak, officials have made a deal with us (and I assume others) to offer two WCW employees/contracted talents for radio interviews. Call us sell outs, but we agreed to the deal. Additionally, we were told that anyone who steps into Center Stage today - meanings Center Stage employees, fans, WCW employees, etc. - will have to sign a nondisclosure agreement to see the show. I'm guessing fans who refuse will be given a refund and won't be allowed in. Unless they plan to really go after someone with a lawyer, I'm not sure how well this is going to work.

- The other big news is that John Michael Layfield, aka JBL of WWE, is going to be doing commentary in place of Austin Aries today. Not sure what that means for Aries, but we were told he would still have an on-screen presence.

- The plan is to tape four episodes today, each one hour in length. As the show is airing on the Internet, there will be no commercials so 60 minutes should be a good amount of time for one episode of wrestling.

- Lots of wrestlers backstage again, including Chavo Guerrero, Lex Luger and Diamond Dallas Page. I've also been told that Bobby Eaton, Dave Taylor, and Robert Gibson are there to function as agents.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From F4Wrestling.com:

Quote Originally Posted by F4Wrestling.com
    - Unsurprisingly, we've already received several e-mails on what went down at the tapings for the WCW Internet TV show this afternoon. We'll be honoring our agreement with WCW to not run those spoilers.

- Some backstage notes on the show are that midway through, Chavo Guerrero left in a heated fashion. Some speculation going around is that he lobbied for a job with WCW and was turned down.

- The big star coming out of the taping is apparently Davey Richards. We won't go into all the details, but it would seem that big things are in his future with how he was handled.

- An announcement was made to the live crowd that the next set of tapings would be on 10/1.

- There was lots of talk about the next iPPV taking place at the end of October.

- As mentioned earlier, the agents for the show were Robert Gibson, Dave Taylor, and Bobby Eaton. Going forward it appears that they'll be filling the role full-time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky Morton come in to assist.

- Lex Luger was said to be very positive backstage and was said to have given a lot of advice to the younger wrestlers, particularly about drug abuse. DDP, on the other hand, tried to shill his Yoga-stuff.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From F4Wrestling.com:

Quote Originally Posted by FRWrestling.com
    - As expected, spoilers for last Saturday's WCW taping have been released to the Internet. No real shockers, there. The big shocker came this morning to several of the web sites that released the spoiler information over the weekend in the form of a cease and desist letter. And we're being completely serious. Dave Scherer has removed the results and announced that he was not only given a cease and desist letter from a live, in-person lawyer, but also was met by a police officer with a warrant to search his computer. Dave reported that he gave up away the contact information on who sent him the original e-mail with the spoilers and it would appear officials will be tracking that person down. So, basically, as we said on Saturday - unless WCW officials intend to make it a legal issue, the spoilers will not be stopped. And they're making it a legal issue. A big one. Many of the web sites that posted the spoilers have removed them. I don't know about if all of them have received cease and desists (I'm guessing if they haven't, they will). The only two major sites that didn't reveal spoiler information (and we did receive some) were ours and the Torch.

- In a related-note, per our agreement with WCW officials we'll have, as guests, on the radio show two WCW employees this month. On Friday we'll have an interview with WCW events promoter Gary Juster and in two weeks we'll have an interview with WCW booker Dave Lagana.

- Lots of rumors running rampant about how Kurt Angle's arrest will effect his position in the company, but nothing concrete.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Newswire (9/7/11)

- We are only one day away from the world debut of the WCW Internet TV show! Check out WCWwrestling.com tomorrow evening to watch history be made!

- The opening match of WCW TV in this new era will see the "Ramblin' Rebels" known as the Briscoes take on Caleb Konley and Sal Rinauro!

- Tickets are on sale for a live event that will take place on 10/1 in Atlanta, GA at Center Stage! The next set of tapings will take place on this date, so buy your tickets now! The first three rows are already sold out.

- In the interest of providing a surprising and shocking product to you all, WCW has taken measures to prevent any information from TV tapings being leaked to the Internet. While we realize this might not be a popular stance, we believe that in the long run it a measure that will be wholeheartedly necessary to continued success of the company. Thank you for your support!
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.01

- Video opening gets the show off. Pretty well put together stuff, highlighting all of the main stars.

- Lenny Leonard and JBL are the commentary team. Leonard introduces him as JML. Not a lot of time for talk as we have a match right away.

Match 1: The Briscoes vs. Caleb Konley/Sal Rinauro
    Spoiler

- Post-match the Briscoes go over to the commentary table. They ramble incoherently and JML hilariously goes into it with them. Lenny Leonard's facial expressions are hilarious. If you remember Boomhower from King of the Hill, that's what they all sound like. They all end up yelling "MAN UP!" and the Briscoes leave. JML isn't really playing the heel-role that Aries did.

- Video package plays that recaps the LTM Tournament.

- Alberto Dos Caras comes out and cuts a promo. Says that he's keeping with tradition, only instead of coming to America and taking all the jobs, he's coming and taking all the belts. Dos Caras brags about beating Angle and decides to go in for commentary on the next match.

Match 2: Eddie Edwards w/ Davey Richards vs. Adam Pearce
    Spoiler

- Dos Caras continues to bad mouth Edwards and Richards, long enough for the duo to catch on. They confront Dos Caras and hostile words are had leading up to Davey slapping the piss out of Dos Caras. Long story short, the main event becomes Alberto Dos Caras vs. Davey Richards in a non-title match.

- A video plays that hypes up DOOMSDAY.

- Lenny and JML discuss the match that didn't happen on iPPV, mainly the debut of Fastball Special. Fastball Special will be coming to Internet soon, they promise.

Match #3: Drew Adler vs. Ace Rockwell
    Spoiler

- Leonard asks for Claudio and Ares to come talk to them. Ares goes into a huge rant, but it's all in German. That's two promos on one show, by the way, where the idea is that the person speaking cannot be understood. Claudio translates for him in English. They promise to destroy any and all who get in their way. They made a statement last Saturday by taking out the little Mexican and that statement is: The Cross does not yield for anyone.

- A video package plays that hypes up Brent Albright, calling him "The Shooter."

- JML tells Lenny he likes how The Cross took care of business, but he didn't care for being spoken to in German. They hype next week's show with the promised main event of Brent Albright vs. Chris Hero in a rematch from their clash at The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament iPPV.

Main Event: Alberto Dos Caras vs. Davey Richards w/ Eddie Edwards
    Spoiler

- Lenny and JML thank the fans and Davey comes over to give his two cents. He says he's proven here that he can beat Dos Caras and he wants a rematch with no time-limits next time. Lenny thanks the fans again to end the show.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW officials took a huge gamble at their TV tapings that, as press time, looks to be paying off. TV tapings are historically linked to pro wrestling since the days of the territories. It wasn't until the mid-90s that live, episodic television took off with the advent of the Monday Night Wars between WCW with Nitro and WWF with RAW. At the TV tapings last Saturday, WCW issued binding non-disclosure agreements to anyone who wanted to be there. There were a few who opted not to sign the agreement that were given full refunds. Others opted in and watched the show.

Additionally, we - and many web sites and newsletter writers like us - were presented with a deal late Friday from WCW officials. Knowing that, regardless of the non-disclosure agreement, somebody there would send out the results, WCW took a proactive stance and made deals with multiple web site owners and writers to not publish spoilers. The only major web sites to go through with the deal were ours and The Pro Wrestling Torch. As a result, we will have interviews with WCW employees live this month for you.

We mentioned as soon as we heard that unless WCW were to take legal action against violation of the non-disclosure agreement, it would be all for nothing. And, in fact, on Sunday afternoon the first web site to publish spoilers ended up being Dave Scherer's Pro Wrestling Insider. From there, multiple web sites began posting results. Monday was a holiday, but Tuesday morning Dave Scherer was able to meet - at his home - WCW lawyers and police officers. An investigation is ongoing and they are tracking down any individuals they can that released the information. They have several names already (one of which was released to them from us). The early expectation is that they into prosecute any individual who violated the terms of the non-disclosure agreement to the full extent of the law. I spoke with WCW officials on the phone and was told, "We plan to send a firm message here and now so that we can nip this in the bud."

It's unprecedented the steps they've taken to prevent spoilers being released to the Internet. With their show airing on the Internet, they stand only to make profit from live events, merchandise sales (of which is on the way shortly), and iPPV revenue. It will be interesting to see what they do, if anything, to combat piracy.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- The TV tapings last Saturday were said to have been very successful as far as getting new talent over. In particular, Davey Richards is said to have come off as a huge star.

- A difference in TV and the initial iPPV is that John Layfield (JBL in WWE) has been brought in to do commentary for the company in place of Austin Aries. Layfield actually announced the change on his Twitter Saturday morning. He's said to be playing a role more similar to Joe Rogan than anyone else, where he supports the people he likes versus being a clear-cut heel.

- Look at the taping results and the announced TV show opener and just the general idea of what we've been told about the show, it would seem that the show was taped out of order. TNA has done similar things in the past which ended up pretty badly. Dave Lagana, WCW's booker at this point, is spearheading the anti-spoiler movement and this would be part of that.

- The internal reaction to Kurt Angle's arrest is not positive. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out since the next WCW show won't be for another month.

- The next TV taping will be at the beginning of October and the next iPPV will be at the end of October, tentatively titled "Halloween Havoc."

- According to this Twitter, Austin Aries is still a contracted employee for WCW, and he assures his fans that they still have plans for him.

- CM Punk was very instrumental in laying out matches with younger talent at the taping. He also did an unannounced, free autograph signing prior to the show. Midway through it he stood up and walked out saying he was too good for this crap. Fans still seemed to love him.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Newswire (9/14/11)
    - Available on DVD in the WCWwrestling.com store: The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament! This action packed event comes to you complete with the entire iPPV that crowned the first WCW Champion of the new era. For $14.95 you can see the show that people predicting will sweep the Wrestling Observer Year End Awards!

- Tickets for the Internet TV taping on 10/3 have sold out! We'll have news next week about the next WCW live event and when tickets will go on sale for it.

- Viewership for the debut episode of WCW stands, currently, at 53,215 unique viewers! WCW officials are now asking YOU, WCW's wonderful fan-base, to start spreading the word! WCW can be seen every Thursday on WCWwrestling.com for FREE!

- The full WCW roster, with a few surprises, will be appearing at the 10/3 Internet television taping.

- Don't forget to check out the site tomorrow for next addition of WCW Underground, with the main event of Brent Albright taking on Chris Hero in a re-match from their battle at The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.02

- Show opens with a video package recapping the Richards/Dos Caras-story from last week.

- Normal video package plays to open the show.

- Lenny Leonard kicks off with JML. Leonard talks about how last week Davey Richards took Alberto Dos Caras to the limit and how Davey challenged Dos Caras to a re-match without time limits. Leonard says we'll hear Alberto's response before the end of the episode.

- A video package plays that hypes up the tag division. We see clips of the Briscoes, DOOMSDAY, and Fastball Special in rapid fashion. It ends with the tag line: "TAG TEAM WRESTLING REBORN."

Match #1: Michael Cannon/Lee Roy vs. DOOMSDAY (Takeshi Morishima/Bison Smith)
    Spoiler

- Post-match, Lenny calls the dominant tag team over for a promo. No dice, though, as they just stare menacingly into the camera before walking off.

- A hype package plays for CM Punk, playing up his straight-edge lifestyle.

- JML talks about CM Punk and admits to not liking his holier-than-thou beliefs. He calls CM Punk a dick, no less. They talk about the Butcher/Punk brawl from the iPPV and Lenny claims that the issue between Necro Butcher and CM Punk is far from over.

Match #2: Steve Corino vs. Necro Butcher
    Spoiler

- JML invites Necro over and tells Necro he's a huge fan. Necro says he has unfinished business with "that sanctimonious sack of shit." CM Punk comes out and questions whether Necro can spell sanctimonious. Necro challenges him to a fight then and there, which the crowd vocally supports. Punk says no dice, because Necro is a drunken brute and shouldn't be allowed to sully the ring. Punk says Necro should be more concerned with matches he can win so he can take the winner's purse and buy his kids some toys. Punk follows that with, "Well, not that it matters. You'll just say to hell with the kids and go get a beer won't you?" That's enough to send Butcher over the edge and the two engage in a brawl which is quickly separate by referees and other officials.

- A commercial plays hyping the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament DVD, which can be purchased on WCWwrestling.com.

- A video package recaps the assault on Drew Adler and Ace Rockwell last week by the Cross.

Match #3: Drew Adler/Ace Rockwell vs. The Cross (Ares/Claudio Castagnoli)
    Spoiler

- The Cross head over to the announce table to do a promo. Ares goes into another rant in German. JML's facial expressions are hilarious. Claudio grabs the mic and translates, but mid-way through JML grabs the mic from him and tells the two nobody gives a damn about their German accents. Claudio is in the process of correcting him (he is Swedish, after all) when they attacked by El Generico and Paul London out of nowhere! They get thrown in the and London goes up for the Shooting Star Press, but Claudio saves Ares and they escape. London gets a mic and says that the Cross has one hell of a beating coming.

- A video package plays hyping Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards.

- Alberto Dos Caras comes out and the crowd firmly boos him. Lenny asks him about the match Davey requested last week. Alberto denies the offer saying he only has to defend the title once a month and he wants to make his first defense matter. Alberto says he'll defend the championship against someone of higher quality, like Caleb Konley. This brings out Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards who get in the face of Dos Caras. Blows are about the be had but security steps in. Davey says he wants a title match. This brings out Kurt Angle who gets a HUGE reaction. Angle says that it's just like Dos Caras to duck a worthy challenger. Angle compliments Davey and Eddie and calls them the future. He invites both men to train with him and be his proteges. Both men agree and he says that even though Dos Caras is denying Davey now, one day it will happen and when it does: Davey will win the championship. Dos Caras calls Angle a crippled freak and they come to blows. Security breaks them up.

- A video plays hyping next week's show, with the main event of Kurt Angle taking on Steve Corino.

Match #4: Caleb Konley vs. Adam Pearce
    Spoiler

- Caleb runs off, while he can, and Pearce is dumbstruck. He goes over the commentary desk and claims that Conley pulled his hair, held his tights, and had both feet on the ropes.

- Another commercial for the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament DVD plays.

Main Event: Brent Albright vs. Chris Hero
    Spoiler

- Albright offers the handshake, but Hero slaps the hand away and slides out of the ring. Lenny thanks the fans for tuning and reminds fans to come back next week.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

Thread Information