Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

Underground 2.20

- Underground is LIVE.

- Except not.

- OK, now it is. The opening video plays.

- Lenny Leonard and JML are in the ring. Lenny hypes the crowd up. JML says that under normal circumstances, Underground is a 60-minute show, but tonight if they go longer - that's just part of being live. Well, they haven't been 60 minutes since the first several episodes. Lenny says tonight will have a huge card with six matches. He promises that both the WORLD Champion and the WORLD tag team champions will be in action, fresh off their successful title defenses in Japan. JML says that the United States Championship will be defended tonight, as well, as Davey Richards challenges champion Brent Albright. Lenny announces that the Patriot will square off against Chris Hero, and that Brodie Lee will be in singles action this evening. They then leave the ring so that Bobby Cruise can do intros.

Match #1: Joey Ryan vs. Roderick Strong
    Spoiler

- Lenny says this is just the beginning of what's likely to be a very turbulent ride for the Hollywood Kings and A-List. He then introduces Richie Steamboat. Lenny asks if Richie is here to watch Chris Hero take on the Patriot tonight. Richie says that like the phoenix, since his injury he has risen from the ashes. He says like a match, since his match at SuperBrawl - Hero has burnt out. He says tonight there should be no doubt about who the better man in the ring is when it comes to the Patriot vs. Chris Hero, but just in case there might be any problems - Richie Steamboat will be on standby. Decent stuff.

- Commercials.

- Mike Hogewood is in the ring with two chairs. He says tonight will be a special LIVE~! edition of the Event Center. Well then!

The Event Center
    Spoiler

Match #2: Chris Hero vs. The Patriot
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

- Lenny Leonard is ecstatic at ringside about the development of the Captain's Challenge Match. Talk segues to the WCW titles being given World-status last weekend after both the WCW Championship and WCW Tag Team Championship were defended in Japan.

- A video of the WCW Tag Team Championship match from Japan is shown. It's just a series of quick clips of the DOOMSDAY-match. Lots of dangerous suplexes and what not, as it looks to have been more of a Japanese-style match than anything. All of the people involved congratulate each other and shake hands afterwards.

Match #3: Jay Hurley/Ric King vs. DOOMSDAY [c] - Non-title Match
    Spoiler

- DOOMSDAY and Jimmy Jacobs head over to the commentary table for an interview. Lenny congratulations them on successfully defending the tag team championship in Japan, elevating the championship to World-status in the process. Jimmy says that returning to Japan was an homecoming truly becoming of the most dominant force in pro wrestling. He says that Taiji Ishimori & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi were valiant competitors, but like so often in life - they were disappointed and found wanting. Lenny steers the talk toward their upcoming match against the Old School Wrecking Crew at the Great American Bash. Jacobs says he heard the words of Adam Pearce last week, about the proverbial clock ticking down. He says that's true - the clock is ticking closer and closer to inevitability. Jimmy says it's not the clock that Adam Pearce thinks it is though. He says it's a clock, that when the bell tolls, will bring about anarchy and destruction for the Old School Wrecking Crew. He says it's a clock that that stands the test of time and powers through the moments with vindictive measure. Jacobs pauses before ending the interview: "How fitting is then, Leonard, that it is of course: a DOOMSDAY clock." This man gets medals, I tell ya.

- Commercials.

- Windham Rotunda is in the ring for an interview with Lenny Leonard. Not a whole of in-ring interviews in WCW, so I predict: SHENANIGANS. Lenny says it's been a couple of weeks since Windham announced that he intended to, quote, "hog-tie Chris Masterson's ass" at the Great American Bash. Windham says he hasn't heard one thing or another from the pretty boy since then. He says that fear is a hell of a thing and it makes a man do some pretty crazy things, like hide in a closet. Oh man, I can totally see where this is going. Windham then says, "Well Chris Masterson - I reckon it's time you came out the closet and fought me like a man!" That's not very PC in 2012, but it's still hilarious. This draws out Chris Masterson. Chris says that he won't stand for being mocked by Windham. He says, "And I get many women on a frequent basis! More than your fat, slobby ass does!" Windham retorts, "So you been lookin' at my ass, huh?" Windham keeps challenging Masterson to get in the ring, but Masterson refuses and eventually stomps off to the back while Windham calls him "yellow-bellied coward."

- Commercials.

- Lenny announces that it's official: Windham Rotunda will take on Chris Masterson at the Great American Bash in a BULL-ROPE MATCH!

Match #4: Brent Albright [c] vs. Davey Richards
    Spoiler

Aftermath
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

- Lenny Leonard talks about what happened prior to the break and about Austin Aries' growing faction.

Match #5: Brodie Lee vs. Caleb Konley
    Spoiler

- Brodie Lee goes over to the commentary table. Just as he starts to talk, the crowd EXPLODES with the single most THUNDEROUS reaction I've heard in WCW ever.

Spoiler

- Commercials.

- Lenny Leonard and JML talk about the crazy stuff before the break. They then talk about Jericho's title defense in Japan over the weekend.

- A video plays, similar to the one earlier, of Chris Jericho vs. Ricky Marvin. Tons of clips of what looks to have been a pretty good match. Jericho wins, of course.

Main Event: Drew Gallows vs. Chris Jericho
    Spoiler

- Chris Jericho and CM Punk have another staredown to end the show, with CM Punk motioning for the belt. The crowd engages in a roaring dueling chants contest - "JERICHO - CM PUNK - JERICHO - CM PUNK" to end the show.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

Underground 2.21

- Underground is TAPED.

- Opening video.

- Lenny Leonard and JML are at ringside as usual. Lenny talks about the growing Great American Bash show that will take place on June 30. He says tonight another match will be added as we'll have clarification on the WCW United States title defense. That allows talk to segue to Austin Aries' growing faction, including the man that debuted last week: Naomichi Marufuji. A clip replays him spraying mist in Davey Richards' face.

Match #1: Naomichi Marufuji vs. Sal Rinauro
    Spoiler

- Naomichi Marufuji sprays RED MIST~! in Sal Rinauro's face for good measure, but Davey Richards storms the ring for the save. They face off and brawl a bit, before Aries yanks Marufuji away. Davey grabs a mic and challenges Marufuji to a match at the Great American Bash - which Marufuji accepts! So there you go, another match for the show! That should be one hell of a confrontation, mind you.

- Commercials.

- Chris Jericho is at ringside with Lenny Leonard. Lenny asks what Jericho thinks about the split crowds last week. Jericho responds with one hell of a promo.

Last week half of the crowd wanted to cheer for CM Punk. That's fine with me, Lenny; they paid their money, they can cheer whoever they want. If half the crowd wants to be a bunch of idiots, more power to them. If half the crowd wants to cheer a sell-out like CM Punk, more power to them. If half the crowd wants to a cheer a "straight-edge" hypocrite - and you know exactly what I'm talking about Punk - then more power to them. Everyone in that locker room knows exactly what I'm all about Lenny Leonard. Everyone knows that I'm about giving opportunities to those who earn it. I fight for the "little guy," Lenny, and CM Punk sure as hell ain't that. CM Punk is the guy who screwed Vince McMahon over last summer. Hey, say you want about the old man, but in this business you do business right and you don't do it CM Punk's way. Yeah, go ahead - chant his name. That's fine. Just remember - I'm the man who saved this promotion from Alberto Dos Caras' tyranny! I'm the man who took WCW in front a nationwide audience on FOX! Cheer CM Punk all you want! It won't do him a damn bit of good and he doesn't care any damn way. But let me tell you what he does care about. He cares about this - this 15 pounds of gold. Punk, bring your A-game to the Bash, bring your "straight-edge," bring your Go 2 Sleep, bring whatever you got. You don't care what they think and I sure as hell don't give a damn about what you have to offer. Nothing changes at the Bash. This belt stays with me, and you go down the road of the losers like Dos Caras and Hero and Jay Briscoe."
    An almost heel-edge to the promo, specifically the last part when he lumped Briscoe in. I LOVE IT.

Match #2: Drew Adler/Ace Rockwell vs. The Midnight Guns
    Spoiler

- The Guns head over to the commentary position for their interview. Before Lenny can even ask a question, Moxley rips the microphone from his hands.

Last week, Leonard, Tyler and I were walking down the road when a man walks up to us and says: 'I can't believe what you two did to Jay Briscoe.' So I punched him in the face Leonard! Jay Briscoe is the past - he's irrelevant. We handled him the way you would finish a mangy, rabies-ridden dog. We put the gun to his forehead and - BAM - pulled the trigger! Hey, we know his little flea-infested brother is running around here sniffing the trash and pissing himself in fear. Your time is coming Marky, your time is coming. But we have more important things in front of us, Leonard. A couple of weeks ago that masked freak who pretends he's a Mexican and the WWE-castoff that TNA didn't want put a beating on us. You know, it happens to the best of us. Sometimes we slip on the banana peel and - WHAM - a flying monkey lands on us from on high! But that's not the end of things for us. We don't sit idly by and ruminate over losses, no, instead we put the scope into play and we pull the trigger. Now when I say this, I want everyone watching at home and everyone here in attendance and especially those very special, important two individuals who are listening in the locker room to hear this. London? Generico? There's an old cliche: have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Well I'm the devil and the pale moonlight is right above us and boys, we'd like to do a little waltz. But this time, you see, the dance number doesn't end with a special diddy right out of McKinley High School, no. This time it ends with broken hearts, broken dreams, and broken necks.
    Amaze.

- Commercials.

- Chris Masterson is at the commentary booth for a promo. Lenny asks Chris how he feels about being tied to Windham Rotunda in a bull-rope match at the Great American Bash. Chris says he feels he's been unjustly treated and that there's no reason he should be tied up to slob like Windham Rotunda. He says he's not even sure how he's supposed to drag Windham's fat ass around the ring to tag all four corners. Chris says, "I know I'm a strong man, Lenny, but even Hulk Hogan had trouble lifting Andre!" Chris says if all else fails, he'll bring a bucket of KFC to the ring and distract Windham with it. This was kind of lacking, especially after the awesome Jericho/Moxley-segments.

Match #3: Eddie Edwards vs. Cru Jones
    Spoiler

- Lenny joins Eddie in the ring. Lenny says that for weeks we've all been waiting to hear the news regarding Eddie Edwards' rematch petition for a United States Championship match. Austin Aries comes out with Brent Albright. Aries says that he finds it completely unfair that Albright, who was more than willing to defend the championship in May, must wait all this time to have the match and is officially petitioning to have Eddie's petition dropped! AMAZING. Out comes assistant guy to an amazing reaction of boos. He just looks so squirmy. He says that the Brent Albright and Eddie Edwards have faced off over the United States Championship three times at this point - at Starrcade, on Underground, and at SuperBrawl. He says that they will meet one final time at the Great American Bash and that, for as long as either man is in WCW, neither will face off again in singles action! Heck of stip, there. He says in order to reduce all possible problems with bad calls by the referee, the match will be Two Out of Three Falls with no time limit! Aries loses his shit and says this is "nepotism, favoritism, and sexism all rolled into one!" LOVE IT.

- Commercials.

Match #4: Billy Buck vs. The Patriot
    Spoiler

- No post-match interview, as we instead go straight to commercial. I guess they have no faith in Steamboat to carry the promo? Obviously the Patriot can't talk because that would give it away that he's Kurt Angle. Weird.

- Commercials.

The Event Center
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

Main Event: Claudio Castagnoli vs. Charlie Haas
    Spoiler

- Both teams continue brawling afterward and after some pretty good violence, Haas ends up tossing Ares through the timekeeper's table to end the show!
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century. (May's #1 Fed!)

Underground 2.22

- Opening video.

- Lenny Leonard and JML, as always, are at ring-side for another edition of WCW Underground. Lenny promises tonight two more matches will be announced for the Great American Bash on 6/30. JML says it's a match a lot of people have been wanting to see and now they're going to get to see it. Lenny also promises a huge main event: Eddie Edwards/Brian Kendrick/Davey Richards/Joey Ryan vs. Brent Albright/Karl Anderson/Naomichi Marufuji/Roderick Strong. Lenny discusses the calamity on recent shows involving the faction under the management of Austin Aries. JML uses "calamity" to segue into the next video package.

- A lengthy video package details the Necro Butcher/Brodie Lee-history. It starts with Necro and Brodie teaming at Starrcade, goes to Brodie turning on Necro at the Bunkhouse Stampede, the fantastic Brodie Lee promo from Dos Caras vs. Jericho 2, and finally Necro's big return on the first live edition of Underground.

Match #1: Necro Butcher vs. Cru Jones
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

- Back from break and things have calmed down. Lenny Leonard is with Necro Butcher at the commentary table. Lenny asks what state of mind is Necro in. Necro rips the mic from and completely ignores the question, going into a fiery rant:

An eye for an eye Brodie Lee. That's what this is about. I brought ya in here to WCW, I got ya the big paychecks brother! And this is what ya do ta me? You try ta take my damn eyes from me! Ya and I fought in wars tagether! We bled tagether! But ya damn jealousy got the best of ya and look what ya did? Ya poked the tiger one time ta damn many didn't ya? Ya told the world that ya were waitin' on me. Ya said ya knew that I was comin' and that I'd be bringin' hell with me. Well ya were right Brodie. By God you were right. Because this here doesn't end until I've got my damn justice. This here doesn't end until vengeance has been served! EYE. FOR. AN EYE. I am goin' to bleed you like a stuck pig, Brodie Lee, and ya goin' ta come ta regret the day you tried ta end my career. Look in my eye Lenny. LOOK IN MY EYE! Ya've known me since I came ta WCW, Lenny. Ya've known what I've fought for. I've fought for respect. I've fought to be the best. At the Great American Bash, I'm just fightin' for revenge. Eye for eye, Brodie, eye for an eye.
    - Commercials.

- Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team is at ring-side with Lenny Leonard for an interview. Lenny asks Charlie what he's all smiles about. Charlie responds with a heck of a promo.

Lenny, good buddy, the INK is on the PAPER. There's no backing out, there's no running away! The match is signed - June 30! The Great American Bash! Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, Wrestling's GREATEST Tag Team - we finally get what we want. And what we want is that little midget Ares and his idiot partner Claudio Castagnoli. But the fun doesn't stop there, Lenny, no it does not. You see, it's not just a tag team match. At the Great American Bash, there's only one way to win: put both of your opponents... Through a table. Aww yeah, baby, that's right! A tables match! You know the Cross must have felt pretty damn good when they put Shelton through that table at SuperBrawl. But I tell you what, Lenny, it probably didn't feel half as good as putting that pipsqueak Ares through a table last week! And the Bash, oh man, those two? Hey, payback has been a long time coming and it's going to arrive on June 30 in the former of some broken wood and some broken bones!
    Match #2: Chris Masterson vs. Isaiah Rain
    Spoiler

- Interview-time, for Masterson. Lenny asks Masterson if he's worried about his match against Windham Rotunda. Masterson ignores the question and flexes, saying that he's the epitome of physical perfection. He says God only graces a very few with the physically gifted looks he possesses. Masterson says that it is very rare in one's lifetime to encounter a specimen of both perfect physical appearance and perfect physical athleticism. He says because he embodies both of those traits, he doesn't have damn thing to be worried about. Lenny asks how he feels about the bull-rope. Masterson says that the only thing that bothers him about the bull-rope is that he's worried that the grease and sweat from that fat slob, Windham Rotunda, might get on him. Good enough, promo.

- Commercials.

- CM Punk is in the ring with a microphone. There's no Lenny Leonard, so this is just a straight promo. The fans are, as usual, split right down the middle for him.

You know, last week Chris Jericho came out here and he had some things to say. In most cases, I could care less what Jericho has to say. He said a lot of things, but one thing in particular stuck in my craw. You called me, Jericho, you called me a "straight-edge hypocrite." Now, you can say whatever you want about them cheering who they want to. You can, "bring your A-game" and all that good shit, whatever - doesn't bother me. But "straight-edge hypocrite?" Well there, there we might have an issue. You see, before it was just business. You had the World championship and I wanted it. But now? When you start questioning my values? The values that define me? I'm not sitting here in this ring pretending to be anything I'm not, like some man who "stands up for the little guy." I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't smoke. I am straight-edge. When I say what I am, I'm being honest. I'm not a character like you, Jericho. I'm not a fake. You want to get into a war of words? You want to start throwing out the truth? You want to call me out for walking out on Vince McMahon? Well here's the truth, Jericho. I did walk out on Vince McMahon. I did walk out and I don't regret a damn bit of it. And you want to know why? It wasn't because of any of that bullshit you read in the Observer, Jericho. It was plain and simple - I didn't want to be Triple H's bitch like you were. Pipe. Bomb."
    Punk drops the mic and leaves the ring. GREAT promo!

- Commercials.

- Back from break, Lenny Leonard and JML talk about Punk's heated promo. They're interrupted by Austin Aries and his gang: Brent Albright, Karl Anderson, Naomichi Marufuji, and Roderick Strong. Lenny asks Aries what exactly this whole stable is about. And Aries gets a lengthy promo as well!

What you're looking at right here, Lenny Leonard, is the elite of pro wrestling. The WCW United States Champion - Brent Albright. The A-List - Karl Anderson and Roderick Strong. The Asiatic Nightmare - Naomichi Marufuji. You see, just like I espouse greatness - so to do greatness find me. And that's EXACTLY what these men are. As the man behind Aries Unlimited, I represent only the finest athletes in the world. You want me see me in the corner of Joe Sixpack or Eddie Edwards, no - I only represent class. Aries Unlimited is the future of this business. We'll start tonight by beating up those losers and then at the Bash, we'll finish 'em off.
    Not too shabby, actually. Not the best promo, either, though.

Match #3: The Old School Wrecking Crew vs. Caleb Konley/Sal Rinauro
    Spoiler

- No post-match interview, strangely.

- Commercials.

The Event Center
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

Main Event: Aries Unlimited (Brent Albright/Karl Anderson/Naomichi Marufuji/Roderick Strong) vs. Eddie Edwards/Brian Kendrick/Davey Richards/Joey Ryan
    Spoiler

- The faces check in on Davey Richards as the show ends.
    Last edited by TMMW; 06-22-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century. (May's #1 Fed!)

ShinobiMusashi The Ultimate Ninja Master Presents:

TMMW's WCW: Underground review.

TMMW, please tell me that you took some Bob Marley CDs with you to the Bahamas, please.

Well, while you are soaking up some rays on the beach, I'm going to drop you a review man. I really appreciate those early nudges and complements back when I was first getting started with The Buyout. I figured I've owed you a review for a while now.

First of all The Necro Butcher. No secret that I'm a big fan of the way you use this character. I was honestly a bit dissapointed in the way you took him out of the picture for so long, but it paid off because I marked the fuck out when you brought him back. Great job there. Nice little recap of his fued with Brodie Lee.

Oh man, that promo was fucking awesome. Eye for an eye! This fued/storyline is one of the best things going in fan fic right now man. Well done. I love stuff like this. I'm already chomping at the bit for Great American Bash.

Oooh, nice promo from Punk. Deep shit.

That was a hell of a summary for that six man tag match. This is what you do best. Fantastic job with this one.

8/10

Your style just drives me crazy dude. This fed is so genious. The format? Perfect. Your writing style? Brilliant. So well balanced. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I absolutely love the way you write summaries of things like you are reviewing the show as you watch it.

Great show that gets me seriously hyped up for Great American Bash. The Butcher vs Lee fued/storyline seemed to take the center stage of this episode, and that was what I liked about it. I think this is going to develope into the best fued/storyline in fan fic this year. Its already off to such a great start.

This was a pleasure to review man. Keep up the good work, and take cold showers to ease the pain from that sunburn.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underground 2.23

- Opening video.

- Lenny Leonard and JML are at ring-side. Lenny talks about tonight's big double main event which will feature Tyler Black vs. El Generico and Roderick Strong vs. Brian Kendrick. Lenny says there's a lot of personal animosity in both matches that he hopes will be settled this evening. JML isn't so certain that will happen. The talk of the two tag team feuds segues to talk about the WCW World Tag Team Championship. Lenny talks about how on 6/30, two undefeated tag teams will collide for the gold in DOOMSDAY and the Old School Wrecking Crew.

- A hype video plays for the DOOMSDAY/Old School Wrecking Crew match at the Great American Bash. It has clips of either team beating up jobbers, intermixed with footage from the various promos they've given since the last iPPV.

Match #1: Mike Black/Jay Hurley vs. DOOMSDAY w/ Jimmy Jacobs [c] - Non-title Match
    Spoiler

- Adam Pearce ends up drawing both members of DOOMSDAY out the ring. He mouths off at both members, creating a distraction as in the ring Corino DRILLS Jimmy Jacobs with a steel chair from behind! DOOMSDAY storm the ring, but Corino escapes through the crowd as Pearce disappears into the back! DOOMSDAY look over Jimmy Jacobs as we cut to commercial.

- Commercials.

- As we return, DOOMSDAY are accompanying Jimmy Jacobs who is being stretchered out. Lenny Leonard says that what the Wrecking Crew did was a despicable act. JML compliments the move, saying it was a great strategy to get DOOMSDAY out of their normal mindset. They soon find themselves interrupted by Austin Aries and Naomichi Marufuji. Aries cuts another of his promos:

Lenny Leonard, no one cares about that little midget Jimmy Jacobs. What you should be talking about is the number one force is pro wrestling today: Aries Unlimited. Somewhere in the back, that meat-head Davey Richards has his beady little eyes glued to the monitor. He's picked a fight with the "Asiatic Nightmare" Naomichi Marufuji and that's a decision he's going to regret. Naomichi here has beaten all of the best that Japan has to offer. He's gone toe-to-toe with guys like Mr. Kasai and Misutero and made them all cry uncle! This man pinned, I kid you not Lenny Leonard, this man PINNED - one, two, three Lenny! - he PINNED the legendary YOSHIHIKO! Do you know how many people have done that? Do you know? Not a whole lot that's how many, Lenny. And now Davey Richards wants to get in the ring with this man? Maybe you didn't get the memo Richards, when we blinded you a couple of weeks back, but you sure as heck better have gotten it last week: when you're in Aries Unlimited, you're the absolute best - and anyone who stands in our way gets packed up and shipped out to pasture, which is right where you'll belong.
    Match #2: Anthony Andrews vs. Naomichi Marufuji w/ Austin Aries
    Spoiler

- Windham Rotunda shows up with his bull-rope at the interview table. Lenny says the days are counting down to when Rotunda will get to square off against Chris Masterson. Windham goes off into one of his, as usual, strong promos.

A great man once said there's only two guarantees in life: death and taxes, Lenny. Well I'm the son of a 'Tax Man,' and let me tell ya, one of those guarantees just might come true on June 30 - and if ya need a hint, tax season's over! For weeks now, that little 'Prissy Boy' has come out here and made fun of me because I'm fat, Lenny. Well, yeah, I like to eat. Who the hell doesn't? And yeah, I ain't exactly got a Davey Richards-physique either. But let me tell ya something, Lenny. This ain't news to me. Hell, what do ya think those idiots down in Florida and up in Connecticut used to tell me every week? 'Well Windham, you just don't have the look we're looking for.' 'Well Windham, if you could just cut some weight here or there.' Well I tell ya what, Lenny, Dusty Rhodes didn't need 24-inch pythons to hog-tie and whip someone with a bullrope, I sure as hell don't either. And that, boys, is what it's all about. 13 feet of the damndest, roughest, toughest, and deadliest rope this side of the Mississippi. 'Prissy Boy,' I'm gonna hog-tie your ass and drag you through streets of Atlanta - and then, I might just touch those four corners if I feel ya've had enough. The time's a comin' Chris Masterson!
    - Commercials.

- Chris Hero and Alberto Dos Caras are at ring-side. Lenny wants to know who the final two members of Dos Caras' team will be for the Captain's Challenge Match at the Great American Bash. Hero interjects, saying that's not of Lenny's damn business. He says that people have been telling him for weeks now that he's scared of that idiot Richie Steamboat and he's sick and damn tired of it. Hero says that next week, in the main event of Underground, the whole world will get a preview of just how badly the Patriot's team is going to get beaten when he knocks Richie Steamboat out with the Deathblow.

Match #3: The Cross vs. Shane Curtis/Steven Styles
    Spoiler

- The Cross head over to the interview table for their interview. Lenny wants to know how they feel about their upcoming match with WGTT. Ares start a promo in German, but then Claudio cuts him off to cut a pretty decent promo himself:

No, friend, let there be no misconception about our intentions. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin, listen closely. We have broken you. We understand that you are, as you would say, unhappy with how things have turned out. You did not expect that we would be your betters. It is understandable that you would think that. You are, as you say, 'Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team,' no? So when it turned out that you were not even our equals, that must have been quite the shock. And now you have us in a Tables match for the Great American Bash? That is laughable at best. The Cross has greater expectations for our future. When this is over, we will wrestle for the championships and accolades we are so deserving of. What will you do? You will rest in a hospital, that is what.
    - Commercials.

Match #4: Derrick Driver vs. Brodie Lee
    Spoiler

The Event Center
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

Main Event #1: Brian Kendrick w/ Joey Ryan vs. Roderick Strong w/ Karl Anderson & Austin Aries
    Spoiler

- Brian Kendrick and Joey Ryan escape to the locker rooms while Aries, Strong, and Anderson bicker in the ring.

- Commercials.

Main Event #2: Tyler Black w/ Jon Moxley vs. El Generico w/ Paul London
    Spoiler

Aftermath
    Spoiler
    Last edited by TMMW; 06-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WMS Reviews - TMMW's WCW Underground 2.22

-Firstly I could slap myself for not being able to keep up with your work, and post feedback to you as you're more than deserving. What I have read of your work, I absolutely love. You have a great simplistic style, similar to PI who was my favourite here.

-I really like the idea of double main events. I think they're a good option to use when booking a show, as you put over a few guys in the process.

-Kendrick versus Strong is a match I'd pay to see personally. A great clash in styles, with two good workers.

-I love the use of jobbers by the way. Not many guys here on Fan Fic use jobbers on their shows, I know Jeff/jTj did, I have occasionally as well. Once again, another smart booking tool. It's very old school but in my opinion it is still very effective, especially for putting over your heels.

-I liked the angle post-match with Pearce and Corino outwitting DOOMSDAY. Simple yet effective, and most importantly adds to the build.

-You use your commentary team well, a lot of people on this forum don't do commentary teams well. Their main use should be in my opinion explain the actions of the wrestlers on the show, in relation to angles or repecussions. You do this well, nothing more and nothing less - nice and easy does it.

-I love Marufuji. I think we have a similar taste in wrestling, based on your roster and what I read in your interview. A lot of Ring of Honor basically (although I stopped caring so much around 2008 time for ROH). Once again the squash is effective, this time the difference being is that you're giving people a taste of what Marufuji can do in the ring, rather than build heat or make him look dominating.

-I really enjoyed Windham's promo, it really reminded me a lot of the old 80's promos you'd see Mean Gene involved with. Rotunda's character itself reminded me a lot of an old-school guy come to think. No complaints here, I like that you write promos in full, even on a short summary show.

-Short promo by Hero, did it's job once again, and hyped his match with Richie Steamboat which I want to read.

-Another squash, I think you've got the right balance though. Squashes throughout the main hour, mixed in with your promos and then bam, a double whammy with your double main event. Your summary style, and the way you set out your shows has given me a lot to think about as far as my own work's concerned.

-I loved The Cross' promo, I enjoyed it even better than Rotunda's. Just from reading half of this show, I can compliment you on having a good exciting tag division. I'm finding it hard myself with ideas for my four tag teams, but you seem to have it nailed on. Good work.

-More build and good hype with Lee/Necro, I remember really enjoying reading your Necro Butcher character back in his feud with Punk.

-I adored the event center stuff, it reminded me a hell of a lot of early 1990's WCW, which I think is one of your influences. I used to watch reruns of classic WCW from the early 90's which would show on Sky Sports every Thursday at my grandparents, and loved it.

-Angle as a coach rocks, and I love the idea of him being coach to Richards and Edwards. He built up his two guys brilliantly, and you weren't lying when you said it was a great segment. Awesome build, a fun read.

-This match with Kendrick/Strong showed what you're capable of with a longer summary match, and I enjoyed it although the ending was a little clustered, but still it made sense to go with that approach.

-Kendrick winning with the cradle keeps both guys protected. Sound booking, I like to use that approach often myself.

-I can't stress enough how much I enjoy your match recaps, they're such a change of the usual we get here in Fan Fic yet make for an entertaining, light and easy read.

-Your second main event was another fine read, I like how you move from point to point, your expression in particular is excellent. I can put up with another tainted ending, as I think you can get away with screwy finishes on TV shows, as it's an angle and build for the PPV that should be concentrated on, and if that comes at the expense of a clean finish then so be it.

-Hero's announcement at the end of the show ties in with his earlier promo and is a fine way to end things.

-All in all, I haven't got one complaint. I thoroughly enjoyed reading, and I'd advise all the other guys to give it a read as there's a lot to learn from your booking. It's very old school but so simple and to be honest fantastic. I haven't been a regular reading this so I couldn't comment too much on past angles and what not, but I did enjoy what I read a hell of a lot, and I'm going to keep up in the run-up to the GAB, which I will be reviewing.

Top stuff!

95/100
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you enjoyed it WMS! As a note about the jobbers, that to me is something that is very important. The best part is the research that goes into them. You might know or realize it, but every single jobber I've used is an actual pro wrestler. And not only that, to be more realistic - they're all wrestlers for indy promotions in Georgia. So they're guys who could easily drive in, work the show, and leave versus using someone who might be better known from California, you know? The only times I haven't used jobbers from GA are the Bravados and Michael Shane, but that was under the auspice that they were receiving tryouts - although, in the Bravados case you were kind of being tricked into thinking they were going to be a big team because they were wrestling jobbers themselves (instead, Pearce and Corino destroyed both the Bravados and the jobbers they faced). Anyway, I just like that it's all actual guys who wrestle and guys who could, logically and realistically, show up in WCW.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the most recent Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Davey Richards did an interview with MMA Insider, where he once again talked about retiring, setting the time frame of December 2012 when his contract (the only contracts that don't end then are Rotunda, Steamboat, Black, Moxley, Austin Aries, Karl Anderson, and Roderick Strong). “There’s a reason I turned down (WWE) developmental and I turned down TNA and even left ROH,” Richards said. “I never had any aspirations to be like a superstar or make a ton of money at this.” He said he had a new career that he has lined up for himself, and right now is using wrestling as a weekend job while he, Kyle O’Reilly and Tony Kozina spend five days a week training in BJJ in the St. Louis area, where they live. “I have a set of goals. I accomplished my goals. I feel like I’m the best wrestler I’m going to be. I can honestly say I have more interest, at this point in time, in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. So I really want to put my time and energy into that. I have another career lined up that I’m putting my time and energy into. For me, I’m not giving any less than 100 percent. It’s time to move on.”

While they’ve got half a year, it’s still a big loss to WCW, which had been building Richards to be their franchise. With Richards making it public that he’s leaving, until the end, the way fans are, he almost has to be a heel until the farewell show where he’d be a face for the night. He said he would love to do MMA, but didn’t think it was happening. My impression is he’s going into the fire department or a steady job of that type. Richards was a star high school wrestler in Washington and said he’d have done MMA after high school but at the time it wasn’t popular, that he lived in a city that had no MMA schools at the time. He said it’s hard in pro wrestling for him because he doesn’t like his wins and losses being dictated, especially if he works and trains harder than his opponent, but in wrestling, that doesn’t really matter. Richards, O’Reilly and Kozina have all competed in grappling tournaments and they have grown to love the real competition. He said their training builds a toughness and callousness that he said he’s sad to see is lacking in today’s pro wrestling. Richards said that he liked the Japanese wrestling mentality where it’s more like a real sport, although he’s no longer working there after missing that PPV show.

WCW officials have been talking about a huge surprise for the live 6/29 episode of Underground. I've heard that it's not a TV deal. That means it's probably a new face coming in and if it's the guy I'm thinking it might be, then it would definitely be a huge deal for WCW.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underground 2.24

- Opening video.

- Lenny Leonard and JML are at ring-side, as always. Leonard hypes the Great American Bash iPPV in eight days LIVE~! on iPPV. He says that tonight we'll hear from Chris Jericho in response to CM Punk's comments two weeks ago. He also hypes the main event for tonight: Richie Steamboat vs. Chris Hero.

Match #1: Brent Albright [c] w/ Austin Aries vs. Billy Buck - Non-title Match
    Spoiler

- As you might expect, Austin Aries is ready to conduct an interview on behalf of Brent Albright. He goes into full rant-mode to great effect.

Pro wrestling fans across the world, you are looking at the 'Wrestling Machine.' Brent Albright takes no quarter and gives none. Last week, the tech nerds in the back showed you that video of Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards training with good old Coach Angle. Jesus, who even cares? You're running around with an alcoholic freak who thinks it's Halloween in July, hey guys - Albright's out here beating up the best competition WCW has to offer. Did you see who I got him a match with this week, Lenny? I'll have you know that Billy Buck is the CMLL Super Mega World Champion and he beat a hire class of wrestler to get that belt than most of the guys working here. And Albright here made short work of him. But really what we should be talking about is how the WCW brass is trying to put the screws to Albright. Albright has been a fair United States Champion. He's defended against all comers! But because Eddie Edwards pitches a fit about something, he not only gets another match, but now Albright has to beat him twice in a row? What's next Lenny, you want to make Albright wear an eye-patch and hop on one leg while he does it? This is an injustice, Lenny! Chris Jericho doesn't half to do it! Those oafs DOOMSDAY? They don't have to do it! But you know what Lenny? It doesn't matter. Eddie wants to use the lawyers and the legalities to try and hoodwink us? Well it won't work! I've always got an ace up my sleeve, and a spade in my pocket.
    - Commercials.

- The Hollywood Kings, Joey Ryan and Brian Kendrick are at ring-side. Lenny asks how it felt to get one up on the A-List last week. Brian says it was a great feeling putting Roderick's shoulder to the mat, and the only thing that could be better is doing the same to Karl Anderson in a tag match. Lenny asks if they're challenging the A-List to a match. Joey says they're not just challenging them, they're calling them out to thrown down at the Great American Bash. He says, "Those idiots might think they're on the 'A-List,' but baby, we're the sleazy kings of Hollywood and there ain't no one who rocks the Boulevard like we do!"

Match #2: Kid Mafia vs. Windham Rotunda
    Spoiler

- Windham approaches the ring-side commentary area for an interview. Just Lenny asks a question, though, Chris Masterson attacks from behind! Masterson then tosses Windham hard into the lighting scaffold on the side of the stage. Masterson takes the bull-rope Windham keeps, and ties it around Windham's neck! Just as he's about to shove Windham off the stage, a flood of security storm the stage - JML included - to stop him.

- Commercials.

- Lenny and JML talk about what happened to Windham before the break. JML says that between the stuff with Necro/Brodie, Jimmy Jacobs last week, and now this, things are really getting out of hand leading in the Great American Bash. They talk about Jimmy Jacobs and show clips of what happened last week. That segues into the next match:

Match #3: Anthony Andrews/Michael Cannon vs. The Old School Wrecking Crew
    Spoiler

- At the commentary table, Lenny says they should be ashamed of what they did to Jimmy Jacobs last week. Adams cuts a promo, in response.

Tick, tock Jimmy Jacobs! Tick, tock! You say it's DOOMSDAY for us, well maybe it's DOOMSDAY for you, you little runt! You say we should be ashamed, Lenny Leonard? I say we should be praised. Since there very beginning of WCW, all anyone has ever said was that DOOMSDAY was unstoppable. DOOMSDAY can't be defeated. DOOMSDAY is the unbreakable brick wall of the WCW tag team division. I say we just took good chunk out of that wall, don't you think so? And just like in Berlin, at the Great American Bash, the rest of the wall's coming down too. No one ever gave us a chance, Lenny Leonard. No one ever thought that Steve Corino and I would be the best tag team in pro wrestling today. At the Great American Bash, no one thinks we can win. We're making a career out of proving all of those idiots in the crowd, those idiots in the back, and idiots like you Lenny, we're making a career out of proving you all wrong. You're looking at the next tag team champions. The wall's coming down, Lenny! The wall's coming down!
    - Commercials.

- Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team is at ring-side for an interview. Lenny asks for a response to what the Cross had to say last week. Haas says he heard them, but he's still not scared. He says that he's heard threats from tag teams before, he'll hear threats from tag teams again, but at the end of the day, he and Benjamin are going to put them down like they've done every other time. Benjamin says that if you want a response, to watch the ring.

Match #3: Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. Bo Newsome/Lee Roy
    Spoiler

- As WGTT leaves, Chris Jericho enters the ring. The crowd is, as has become the norm of late, split 50/50 for him. There are a lot of "Y2J"-chants, but also a lot of "CM PUNK"-chants. Jericho gets a microphone from Bobby Cruise.

A couple of weeks ago, CM Punk came out here and said some things about him and he said some things about me. But that's fine. That's fine. He claimed, in front of all of you, that I am a 'character.' A 'character,' Punk? What 'character' am I? Am I the 'Defending Champion,' is that my character? I'm pretending to be something I'm not? Well let's talk about 'pretending' CM Punk. Punk, claimed, in front of all of you that he was 'straight-edge.' That's kind of funny, because it's actually something Punk and I both know are not true. I look at you Punk and I see a sad, pathetic man. I see those dark, graying lines beneath your eyes. Just how well are you sleeping, Punk? You know, this is tough life, right, Punk? Wrestlers, I mean, we're up to all hours of the night. Just how well are you sleeping, Punk? Just how well are you getting your rest at night? Because you and I both know exactly what I'm talking about. You want to call me Triple H's bitch, Punk? Huh? Is that right? I'm Triple H's bitch? Punk, you're nothing more than low-life sack of shit. How did it feel taking food off Matt Hardy's table? What kind of man goes to his boss, and gets another man fired for something of so little consequence. You're a stooge Punk. You're nothing more and nothing less. You're so quick to cast judgment on others, so quick to point the finger, well point that damn finger at yourself. At the Great American Bash, I'm putting an end to this Punk. At the Great American Bash, you're not going to be able make me 'Go 2 Sleep,' it's going to be the other way around. And to help, Punk? To help, I'll give you some of those sleeping pills you like so much. How's that for a pipe bomb?
    - Commercials.

The Event Center
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

Main Event: Chris Hero w/ Alberto Dos Caras vs. Richie Steamboat w/ The Patriot
    Spoiler

Aftermath
    Spoiler
    Last edited by TMMW; 06-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That main event was indeed a hell of a match. Loved the way you involved Dos Caras calling out moves to Hero. One of your very best summaries right here.

You have also done a fantastic job with the Old School Wrecking Crew, and Windham Rotunda characters. I'm really digging them.

Very interesting post yesterday involving Davey Richards. I enjoyed reading that, and I felt a lot of it was very true.

CM Punk vs Chris Jericho fued is solid gold with these promos.

Excellent show man.

9.5/10

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding yesterday's post about Davey, all I did was take the WON update from this week and modify it slightly to fit in to the WCW scheme.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that is legit stuff? Gotta have respect for that. I wish more pro wrestlers would crossover into MMA/BJJ training, and incorporate it into the art. Daniel Bryan has been training MMA for years. I would like to see him fight, I bet he's good.

The real time format with the actual events bieng worked in is just brilliant man.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMMW View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it WMS! As a note about the jobbers, that to me is something that is very important. The best part is the research that goes into them. You might know or realize it, but every single jobber I've used is an actual pro wrestler. And not only that, to be more realistic - they're all wrestlers for indy promotions in Georgia. So they're guys who could easily drive in, work the show, and leave versus using someone who might be better known from California, you know? The only times I haven't used jobbers from GA are the Bravados and Michael Shane, but that was under the auspice that they were receiving tryouts - although, in the Bravados case you were kind of being tricked into thinking they were going to be a big team because they were wrestling jobbers themselves (instead, Pearce and Corino destroyed both the Bravados and the jobbers they faced). Anyway, I just like that it's all actual guys who wrestle and guys who could, logically and realistically, show up in WCW.
    Hope you don't mind me replying to this post in here, but I've just repped you recently so couldn't say it in that form haha. I just wanted to say I love that extra bit of realism, I didn't realise they were in fact real wrestlers, and the fact you've looked up wrestlers from that local area is awesome, IMO. Extra bits of realism like that are golden. Awesome stuff.
    Sit down. Be humble.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underground 2.25

- Opening video.

- We. Are. LIVE~!

- Lenny Leonard and JML are ring-side for this special live edition of Underground and we're only one day away from the biggest event of the summer: The Great American Bash! Lenny says that everyone is in attendance tonight, possibly even some surprise guests. Lenny starts talking about how volatile things have been in Center Stage as of late. JML suggests that Lenny hide behind him if anything goes down tonight, which it's likely to since it's the eve of the biggest event of the summer. Really hammering that point home, aren't they? Lenny runs down the card which is filled with huge matches compared to the norm, with the main event being the Patriot vs. Alberto Dos Caras in a Lumberjack Match. As they're talking they're interrupted by Claudio Castagnoli and Ares, collectively known as the Cross. Ares starts talking in German, but Claudio cuts him off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio Castagnoli
    There is no need for that, friend. Instead, let us speak their language. Let us speak the language that they love so dear. Let us speak the language of pain. A language of violence. A language of broken bones. The imbeciles in the crowd, they chant: "We Want Tables." Tomorrow, we shall give them what they wish. They will regret it. They will see their heroes strewn across the canvas, beaten and broken. It is a language that you Americans know oh so very well. Violence, and of course, failure. That is enough.
    Great little promo, that. Claudio and Ares scamper off and we segue into our opening contest.

Match #1: The A-List (w/ Austin Aries) vs. Eddie Edwards/Davey Richards
    Spoiler

- The A-List continue their assault, with Naomichi Marufuji joining in, on Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. Finally the crowd pops as Brian Kendrick and Joey Ryan, the Hollywood Kings, storm the ring with chairs to fend off Aries Unlimited. Lenny says this is just tip of the iceberg for the insanity he sees going down tonight.

- Commercials.

- Returning from the break, Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards, and the Hollywood Kings are at ring-side. Eddie is pouring water on Davey's face and wiping it off with a towel. Joey Ryan says that he's sick and tired of all the crap that keeps coming from Aries Unlimited. He says when he came to WCW, he got shoved into a situation with Aries that he didn't want to be in and he's glad he got out of it because Aries is a douchebag. Kendrick says that tomorrow night they're going to knock the A-List down a notch to the D-List, and when they're done Davey Richards is going to kick Naomichi Marufuji's head off and Eddie Edwards is going to take back the United States Championship. Eddie chimes in and says that's right. He says his arm is hurting and it's pretty damn clear that the A-List had a mission going into the match, to hurt his arm. Eddie says all that does is prove that Albright's scared. He says tomorrow night, there will be no controversy and no questions when it's all said and done because there's no way in the world that Albright can beat him twice in one night. Davey talks last, saying only: "Tomorrow, Marufuji dies." Well this certainly wasn't the best set of promos from any involved, but it did what it was supposed to I guess.

- A video package hypes the entirety of the Necro Butcher/Brodie Lee-feud.

- Brodie Lee comes out to talk and cut a promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Lee
    A lot of people say I've asked for this. That I've had it comin' ever since the Stampede, Lenny. Those people are right. Hell, I ain't shied away from it. I know what I did and I'm damn proud of it. Now that boy Necro Butcher, he wants ta fight me tomorrow night. I'm tellin' him right now he best bring it, bring whatever he has, bring Hell with him if he has ta. Nothin' short of it will stop me from giving him exactly what he wants. For weeks he's been out here yellin' about an eye for an eye, ain't that Lenny? Well I'm goin' to give him an eye for an eye. I'm goin' to rip out his good eye so he can have a matchin' pair. And if ya think I'm playin', watch what I do this feller right here.
    Match #2: Patrick Bentley vs. Brodie Lee
    Spoiler

Aftermath
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

- Lenny and JML talk about how things have gotten crazy twice tonight already, and we haven't even gotten to the Chris Jericho/CM Punk confrontation in the Event Center or the Lumberjack Match in the main event. As he's talking, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team makes their way out to ring-side for a promo. Charlie does the talking, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Haas
    Lenny, we hard what those idiots said earlier. Let me tell you something, Lenny, about motivation. Shelton and I are the best tag team in the world, bar none. But we can't prove that, Lenny. You know why? We can't prove that because we don't have gold around our waist. And we don't have gold around our waist because of the Cross. And not just that, Lenny, not only do we not have gold around our waist - we can't even compete for gold until January One, 2013. Do you know how much that pisses me off? How much that pisses Shelton off? Well let me tell you something, Lenny, that's motivation. That's motivation to take that little pimple on the ass of pro wrestling by the name of Ares, to take him and toss him through a table. That's motivation to take "Mr. Clean" Claudio Cannolli and break him in half putting him through a table. That's motivation to let of some of this pent up rage we have inside because we can't do what we do best. This started with those two idiots trying to make a statement. Tomorrow night, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team is going to make a statement: you don't screw with us. And we'll make that statement by leaving those two broken likes the tables we'll put 'em through!
    It truly is best to let Charlie do the talking for this team. Excellent promo.

- A video hypes up the Bull-rope Match between Chris Masterson and Windham Rotunda.

Match #3: Richard King vs. Chris Masterson
    Spoiler

- Chris Masterson heads over the commentary table for an interview. Lenny asks if he feels any remorse for what he did to Windham Rotunda last week, and Masterson goes into a full-on promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Masterson
    No, Lenny, I don't feel a single bit of remorse for that fat slob. Hey, is he even going to be here tomorrow night? Last I heard he was on a gurney in St. Joseph's. Not for what happened last week, mind you, but for some good old liposuction. Hey, he could use it! You know what, I have to say overall I just feel a tinge of disappointment. I was really looking to beating him senseless that bull-rope of his tomorrow night. I'll just have to take the count-out, I guess!
    Masterson walks off, posing the entire time. Lenny says the match is still for tomorrow night, but right now it's still up in the air if Windham Rotunda will be in condition to compete.

- Commercials.

The Event Center
    Spoiler

- Commercials.

- Returning from the break, Lenny and JML talk about the chaotic theme for the evening. Aries Unlimited invade so that Aries can cut a promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Aries
    I love it out here right now, Leonard. You never know what's going to happen next, except we do. We know that tomorrow night, my soldiers Roderick Strong and Karl Anderson are going to tie up those loose ends with the Hollywood Kings. I brought those two losers to WCW, tomorrow night I'm taking out. We know that "The Asiatic Nightmare" is going to do what he does best, kick Davey Richards' head off. Hell, he's going to kick Davey so hard, Davey might just learn how to read! And best of all, we know that Brent Albright is going to put an end to all the controversy and speculation when he makes Eddie Edwards tap out, not just once - but twice! We're Aries Unlimited baby, you can and you won't stop us!
    Main Event: Alberto Dos Caras vs. The Patriot - Lumberjack Match
    Spoiler

Aftermath
    Spoiler
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- The opening video focuses on the theme of chaos, something that has been prevalent in WCW for some time now. It starts with Brodie's attack Necro Butcher, continues with the Midnight Guns injuring Jay Briscoe, to scenes of Naomichi Marufuji misting Davey Richards, Necro Butcher's return and ensuing brawl with Brodie Lee, Windham Rotunda being hung by Chris Masterson, Jimmy Jacobs being assaulted by the Old School Wrecking Crew with a chair, and finally ending up the huge brawl that ended last night's episode of Underground and the debut/return of Ric Flair.

- Jim Ross and JML are on commentary tonight, flanked by security officials. Jim Ross says things have never been crazier in WCW than they are now. He says due to the chaotic nature of late, they have personal security to protect them if anything gets out of hand. Ross runs down the card, giving brief tidbits about each match, and then focuses in on the main event. He says he can't remember any pro wrestling rivalry in recent memory that has elicited the pure emotion that CM Punk and Chris Jericho have. Finally he says that, tonight, RIC FLAIR will be here to address the crowd. As they're talking, Chris Masterson interrupts the proceedings by getting into the ring and requesting a microphone. Chris tells the fans that Windham Rotunda went into a diabetic coma and couldn't make it this evening. So of course Windham's music hits and he comes out with the bull-rope to a great reaction, setting up the opening contest.

Match #1: Chris Masterson vs. Windham Rotunda - Bull-rope Match
    Spoiler

- BACKSTAGE~!, Lenny Leonard is with Steve Corino and Adam Pearce - collectively known as the Old School Wrecking Crew. Pearce wants to know why he didn't get TV time last night. Lenny says he's not sure. Pearce says it's the same old, same old at work trying to keep him and Corino from being successful. He says after tonight, there's nothing anyone in WCW will be able to do about it. Pearce says they started by taking out the midget and tonight they'll finish the job.

Match #2: The A-List (w/ Austin Aries) vs. The Hollywood Kings
    Spoiler

- BACKSTAGE~! where Lenny Leonard is with Windham Rotunda. Lenny asks Windham what his plans are for the future, but before he can talk RIC FLAIR~! walks into the room! Windham introduces himself and shakes Ric's hand. Ric doesn't say anything, he just smiles and walks off.

Match #3: The Cross vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team - Tables Match
    Spoiler

- BACKSTAGE~! Austin Aries with with Aries Unlimited. He says they've already taken care of one piece of business, and in a minute they're going to go out and rid us all of that illiterate idiot, Davey Richards.

Match #4: Naomichi Marufuji (w/ Austin Aries) vs. Davey Richards
    Spoiler

- BACKSTAGE~! WGTT are with Lenny Leonard. He asks them how it feels to win their match, but before they can answer, Ric Flair pops up to shake some more hands.

Match #5: DOOMSDAY [c] vs. The Old School Wrecking Crew - WCW World Tag Team Championship Match
    Spoiler

- Jim Ross questions the ethics of what just went down. Talk segues into discussion about the Necro Butcher/Brodie Lee-feud. A video plays detailing their vicious hatred of one another. Apparently there will be no intermission tonight.

Match #6: Necro Butcher vs. Brodie Lee
    Spoiler

- BACKSTAGE~! Pearce and Corino are celebrating with the champagne. They shove Lenny Leonard away without giving him a comment.

Match #7: Alberto Dos Caras (Team Captain)/Chris Hero/The Midnight Guns vs. The Patriot (Team Captain)/Richie Steamboat/Fastball Special - Captain's Challenge Match
    Spoiler

- BACKSTAGE~! Austin Aries is celebrating with A-List and Naomichi Marufuji. He says they've only got one last thing to do tonight and that's put an end to Eddie Edwards.

Match #8: Brent Albright [c] (w/ Austin Aries) vs. Eddie Edwards - United States Championship Match; Two Out of Three Falls Match
    Spoiler

- Following the match, Jim Ross thanks the fans in attendance and watching at home on iPPV for making this show a success. He then introduces RIC FLAIR~! Ric comes out to a chorus of "WHOOS" of course. He takes the mic from Jim, thanks him, and cuts a promo like only Flair can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Flair
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Baby it's great to be back in Atlanta, GA, back here in WCW. WHOOOOO! A couple of a weeks ago, Jim Ross called me and says: 'NAITCH... WE NEED YA...' He says things have been gettin' a little rowdy 'round here. He says they need someone to come in and run the show! And who better than limousine riding, jet-flying, wheelin' dealin', kiss stealin' SON OF A GUN... 'NATURE BOY...' RIC FLAIR... 16-time World Champion... 2-time Hall of Famer... I've seen a lot of things here in WCW. I've been keepin' my eye out. It's amazing, I tell ya, that the more things change the more they stay the same. I came here today thinkin' about my good friend Barry Windham, damned if I don't run into his nephew backstage. I remember a time when Bruiser Brody was beatin' the hell out of me in Texas, and here's the Necro Butcher. I see Austin Aries walking around with the million-dollar suits and the ladies and he's four men by his side, and WHOO you know what popped in my mind then. But the real deal is next. Two men are going to do what we do in this business best - they're going to fight for the World Championship. I've seen CM Punk and I know Chris Jericho, and I know they're goin' to leave it all on the ring! May the best man win because whoever does, needs to know that from here on out... 'THE NATURE BOY' is calling the shots in WCW! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    - A video package recaps the Chris Jericho/CM Punk-rivalry.

Main Event: Chris Jericho [c] vs. CM Punk - WCW World Championship Match
    Spoiler

Aftermath
    Spoiler
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

Thread Information