Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: World Championship Wrestling - Wrestling for the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by TMMW
    I might do that. I still have mixed feelings about that thread. But I will say this - I'm trying to make it look a little prettier in the OP. It might be a little gaudy for my tastes, but I'm trying!

I imagine this show as though it were the old World Champion Wrestling show from the late 80s. The JCP-show where guys would come out, beat a jobber, then cut an awesome promo building up a house show that weekend. That's why all the squashes. If you think of it as an old school show and not like RAW (or Nitro), in that sense it makes perfect sense. I can see how it's off-putting though. The main goal of the show each week is to get talent over and have one "big match," although some weeks I deviate (Underground 1.06).
    That makes a world of difference. I wish I picked up on that before I reviewed your show. I'm a little disappointed that went right over my head though. I was far too focused on the digital age "wrestling for the 21st century" theme.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.08

- A video package details all of the major programs leading into Saturday's iPPV. The conflict between Necro Butcher/CM Punk, Brent Albright/Chris Hero, and Eddie Edwards, Chris Jericho, & Davey Richards/Shelton Benjamin, Alberto Dos Caras, and Charlie Haas. The video also recaps the WCW Tag Team Championship tournament.

- Standard opening video package for the show plays.

- Lenny Leonard and JML open up the show talking about Saturday's big iPPV event. Leonard say tickets have been sold out since they day they went on sale and that it will be a historic evening for sure. JML puts over the main event being a match to crown the first tag team champions in the new era. Leonard talks about the hostilities between Jericho's team and Caras' team, which segues into the opening match.

Match #1: Shelton Benjamin vs. Eddie Edwards
    Spoiler

- A commercial for Batman: Arkham City plays.

- A commercial hyping WCWwrestling.com plays.

- A video package recaps the WCW Tag Team Championship tournament.

- Back from the commercial break and Jericho & Friends are at the commentary table. Richards promises to break Haas' legs this evening. Jericho says that guys like Caras and WGTT will take any shortcut they can to get to the top and use any means necessary to stay on top. Jericho promises that at Halloween Havoc, only one team is walking away with the win and a bigger future and that team will be Jericho & Edwards & Richards.

Match #2: The Briscoes vs. Drew Adler/Shane Rockwell - 1st Round WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament
    Spoiler

- The Briscoes hit the commentary table for a promo. They do their usual schtick of rambling incoherently. I was able to make out "tag belts," "Aries," and "Doomsday." They finish off with a series of "Man ups!"

- A commercial plays for The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament DVD.

- A commercial plays hyping up the Halloween Havoc iPPV this Saturday.

- A video plays hyping the prestige of the NWA/WCW United States Championship.

- Jim Ross is out and he announces that next week will see the beginning of a tournament to crown the first WCW United States Champion of the new era. Ross says some of the people competing will be Eddie Edwards (big cheers), CM Punk (big boos), Chris Hero (boos), and Davey Richards (huge cheers!). Ross says that it will be a 16-man tournament and will culminate on 12/23 at the next WCW iPPV: Starrcade!

- Chris Hero comes out and cuts a promo. He says he guarantees that not only will he knocked Brent Albright out twice on Saturday, but that he's going to be the first United States Champion of the new era. He decides to stay out and do commentary for the following match.

Match #3: Brent Albright vs. Sal Rinauro
    Spoiler

- After the match, Albright approaches Hero and they trade verbal barbs with each other. Hero says that he'll knock Albright out, Albright says he'll tap Albright out. They get in each other's face and before you know it, they're in the ring and ready to go. Referees come out to separate them and with Albright distracted, Hero knocks him out with a roaring elbow.

- A commercial plays for the LTMT DVD, again.

- A commercial plays hyping up the Halloween Havoc iPPV.

- A video recaps the events prior to the commercial break. Leonard calls Hero a cheap-shot artist, but JML counters that Hero effectively knocked Albright out and questions what will happen on Saturday if Hero can hit that Deathblow of his.

Match #4: Necro Butcher vs. Caleb Konley
    Spoiler

- Butcher takes the mic from Leonard and cuts a scathing promo on Punk. Butcher says he's bled buckets and shortened his life to put food on the table for his family. Butcher says he's never had a match that Lou Thesz would have liked, but that doesn't mean he hasn't busted his ass off all the same. Butcher says he's from the old-school mentality where a man is a man who fights for his dignity and on Saturday he's not going to just fight for his dignity, he's going to beat the "ever-lovin' shit out CM Punk." Butcher says Punk represents the new breed of men who love to talk trash and insult others who work hard to get where they're at. He says Punk is a lot of things, but he's never made the sacrifices that Butcher had to. Butcher finishes by saying, "We have escalated past rivalries and feuds, Punk. We have escalated past vendettas. On Saturday, I aim to end you." Fantastic stuff!

- A hype video plays for Halloween Havoc. Kind of like an extended version of the opening hype package.

- Alberto Dos Caras is out to cut a promo. He says that guys like Jericho & Richards have never deserved the limelight and will never enjoy it. He says they're not in the same class as he is, both as wrestlers or as men. He says the money he has and the glory he's earned put him into a different genre of man. I'm not even sure what that means. He says on Saturday he will guide WGTT past Jericho and his loser friends and move on to the most important match of his life: a November title defense against Sal Rinauro.

Main Event: Charlie Haas vs. Davey Richards
    Spoiler

- Of course, it doesn't end there. All six men brawl pretty heavily. Eventually Caras and WGTT retreat. Jericho & company take the mic again and cut another promo for the main event. They say basically the same things they said earlier. That ends the show.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newest reply isn't showing so I'll try bumping this way.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- A video package starts the show. It's horror-themed. It has many quick cuts and loud noises, while going over the major storylines leading into the iPPV. The main focus is the tag team championship tournament, which is the main event for the show.

- Jim Ross and JML will be doing commentary. Ross assures us that Leonard will be backstage for interviews. They run down the card and the historic importance of the main event. Ross goes into a spiel about the history of tag team wrestling and what it means to the sport overall. They segue into the opening match.

Match 1: DOOMSDAY vs. Fastball Special - Semi-Finals of the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Cut to backstage. Lenny Leonard is with CM Punk. Leonard starts to ask a question, but cuts it off by cutting back to the ring where The Cross are beating up Fastball Special. Ross is doing his best "disgusted"-schtick. Claudio Castagnoli slides a table into the ring. Ares sets it up while Castagnoli tears London's head off with the pop-up European uppercut. Generico ends up going through the table with a Ricola Bomb. The Cross stand in the ring and pose, making a cross with their arms (the BDK-pose from CHIKARA).

- Backstage again, and Leonard is with Punk. Punk grabs the mic and shoves Leonard away for cutting him off earlier. Punk says tonight he's been backed into a corner by a crazed and homeless degenerate. Punk says, "No worries, when I'm back into the corner - I always have a plan."

- A video package recaps the intense Necro Butcher/CM Punk-feud.

Match #2: Necro Butcher vs. CM Punk - Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Spoiler

- Backstage, Lenny Leonard is with the Briscoes. They do their usual thing of rambling incoherently followed up by yelling "Man up!" a bunch of times.

- A graphic of the tournament bracket is shown. Fancy-stuff there.

- Backstage again, and Leonard is back with Punk. Punk has dried blood on his face, which makes for excellent visual. He laughs and says "Just when you think you know all the answers, I change the questions." He pats Gallows on the shoulder and walks off.

Match #3: The Briscoes vs. Three Kings - Semi-Finals of the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Backstage, Leonard is with Chris Hero. Chris Hero guarantees a knock-out victory this evening.

- Next up is a commercial for the next big iPPV - Starrcade!

Match #4: Brent Albright vs. Chris Hero - 2/3 Falls Match
    Spoiler

- Backstage, Leonard is with Team Alberto Dos Caras. Caras says tonight he will put the lesser people behind him and move on to his big title defense for November: Sal Rinauro.

- A commercial plays for Batman: Arkham City.

- Backstage again, this time Leonard is with James Jacobs and DOOMSDAY. Jacobs says tonight is the first step of the Armageddon agenda. He says men might parade as kings, but DOOMSDAY will be the end of everything.

- A commercial plays for Starrcade.

- Backstage again. What, is it intermission? Leonard is with Team Chris Jericho. Each man talks about how tonight is a big night for them and how it will open the opportunities to be in the main event. Jericho says the time for talk is over and tonight he's going to put Caras in his place.

- Finally, back to ringside. Ross and JML talk about the United States Championship tournament that will begin on the very next WCW Underground. They hype the WCWwrestling.com web site.

Match #5: Shelton Benjamin/Alberto Dos Caras/Charlie Haas vs. Eddie Edwards/Chris Jericho/Shelton Benjamin
    Spoiler

- Backstage, Necro Butcher is destroying everything in sight. He promises to maim both CM Punk and Drew Gallows.

- A video package recaps the tournament to ESPN-like music.

- Backstage again, and Team Jericho are celebrating. Jericho says since he's pinned the WCW champion, he thinks he might be in line for a title shot.

Main Event: DOOMSDAY vs. Three Kings - Finals of the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament
    Spoiler

- Ross and JML thank the fans for tuning to end the show.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again with the not actually appearing. Bump.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

≡≡≡≡|≡≡≡≡

vCash
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really have time to offer a full review of HH or the buildup to it, but the show was pretty dope. In fact, this whole fed is so fucking dope. Whenever LSW is inactive, this is easily my favorite fed in FF history. I fucking love your style, dude. Love everything about it. Definitely keeping me hooked as a reader. Can't wait for Starrcade/the road to.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, man. I hope Starrcade lives up to the expectations.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.09

- A video package recaps DOOMSDAY winning the tag team championship. The way it's put together makes it seem like an incredibly big deal and that makes the belts that much more important.

- Standard opening video.

- Lenny Leonard and JML talk about what happened at Halloween Havoc. They remind fans you can order the replay right now. Leonard says with Halloween Havoc in the books, the focus turns to 12/22: Starrcade. He says at Starrcade they'll crown the first WCW United States Champion of the modern era. Brackets pop up with the full field of 16 men. Seems huge at first but then you realize all of the first round matches are stars vs. jobbers. JML says the very first match in the tournament will take place now.

Match #1: Caleb Konley vs. CM Punk - 1st Round Match of the United States Championship Tournament
    Spoiler

- CM Punk and Drew Gallows approach the commentary table for a promo. Punk says he has a few scars, a few bruises, and the dynamic feeling of success after destroying the Necro Butcher at Halloween Havoc. Punk says it's good to reunited with old friends and beat up new enemies and that it won't stop anytime soon. Punk says he'll tear through the tournament and walk away the United States champion because he is YOUR "Straight-edge Messiah" and he is "better than YOU."

- A commercial plays hyping the Halloween Havoc iPPV replay.

- A commercial plays hyping WCWwrestling.com.

- A video package plays for Davey Richards.

Match #2: Davey Richards vs. Hayden Young - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Davey's turn to cut a promo. Richards says that to him, pro wrestling is the ultimate form of competition. He says that the desire to compete is what drives him to succeed. He says that he is a force to be reckoned with and that by this time next year, he'll be wearing gold around his waist.

- A video package hypes next week's main event: The Briscoes vs. Three Kings. JML again puts over the Briscoes as "his boys" and puts down the Kings.

- A commercial plays for the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament DVD.

- A video package plays for Chris Jericho. Leonard and JML talk about Jericho scoring the pin at Halloween Havoc and whether not Jericho deserves a title-shot. This brings out that smarmy guy from a few weeks back. He says that the WCW Executive Director will announce the main event for Starrcade next week.

Match #3: Steve Corino vs. Alberto Dos Caras [c] - Non-title Match
    Spoiler

- Corino pitches a fit and leaves. Caras mocks him on the mic and then talks about the title match that will take place at Starrcade. Caras doesn't understand the shenanigans being played here and as far as he's concerned, only one man is truly worth of the #1 contender's spot: Sal Rinauro. Caras is nominating him for the title shot here and now. This is awesome. Caras says that Rinauro is better than Jericho in every single way. He says Rinauro has better facial features, better tights, and a better moonsault. Caras then pleads with the Executive Director to give the fans what they really want: Alberto Dos Caras vs. Sal Rinauro. This was the best Caras promo ever.

- Another commercial plays for the Halloween Havoc iPPV replay.

- Another commercial plays hyping next week's show.

- The video package from the beginning of the show plays.

Match #4: Drew Adler/Shane Rockwell vs. DOOMSDAY [c] - Non-title Match
    Spoiler

- DOOMSDAY stand around looking menacing while Jacobs does the talking. Jacobs says that there was never any doubt about who would walk away from Halloween Havoc as the tag team champions. Jacobs says "the end game was written long ago by men wiser than you or I and that end game will always be the same: DOOMSDAY will fall on every last man and child." Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team make their way out and Haas feels that they should get a crack at the titles since they're the greatest tag team in wrestling. Jacobs says DOOMSDAY will face anyone that gets put in front of them without fail. Benjamin grabs pie-faces Jacobs and Bison shoves Benjamin to the ground HARD. WGTT back off slowly.

- Yet another commercial for the Halloween Havoc iPPV.

Main Event: Charlie Haas vs. Chris Jericho
    Spoiler

- Caras and Haas high-tail it out of there. Jericho cuts a promo and says he's proven he deserves a title match. Jericho says guys like Caras don't belong in the business and Jericho is making it his mission to weed Caras out. That ends the show this week.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump. Sure hope these forums get fixed some day.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.10

- A video package recaps the Charlie Haas/Chris Jericho-match from last week.

- The standard opening for the show plays.

- Lenny Leonard and JML talk about the big show they have. Two tournament matches, Three Kings vs. the Briscoes, and the announcement of the main event for Starrcade. The Three Kings comes out and cut a promo. Aries says the Briscoes are nothing but pure white trash who shouldn't be allowed to even get in the ring. Aries then says JML is that same type of trash and he shouldn't be allowed to do commentary. JML and Aries almost come to blows, but JML recognizes the numbers advantage and holds off.

Match #1: Seth Delay vs. Chris Hero - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament
    Spoiler

- Hero cuts a promo. He says that anyone who is in his way in the tournament will get knocked out just like he knocked out Brent Albright.

- A commercial plays hyping the Halloween Havoc iPPV replay.

- A commercial plays hyping WCWwrestling.com.

- A video package plays for the Briscoes.

Match #2: Drew Gallows vs. Cru Jones
    Spoiler

- Necro Butcher storms the ring with a steel chair, but Gallows escapes. Butcher takes the mic and cuts a great promo on Punk and Gallows. He says that the issue between them is far from over and it won't be over until Center Stage is lined with their blood. Butcher says that in his lifetime he's done a lot of things he's not proud of, especially when it comes to hurting people, but when he finally gets to Punk and hurts him and makes him bleed, it'll be the proudest moment of his life.

- A commercial plays for the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament DVD.

Match #3: Necro Butcher vs. Shane Rockwell - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- The smarmy guy who represents the WCW Executive Director comes out. He starts talking about the match at Starrcade when Alberto Dos Caras interrupts him. Caras is still pulling for the match with Sal Rinauro. Chris Hero of all people comes out and says he should be the man to get the title shot, since he's currently undefeated in WCW. Davey Richards comes out and says that it was his move that put Dos Caras down at Halloween Havoc and it was him who took Dos Caras to the limit on the very first WCW Underground. Chris Jericho comes out and says he respects both men, but he scored the pin and he has a little issue he wants to settle Caras. The rep says that all of these men were under consideration, but at Starrcade Alberto Dos Caras will defend the championship against the man who pinned him at Halloween Havoc: Chris Jericho! Hero is displeased, but Richards shakes Jericho's hand (albeit firmly). The rep then says that he feels Richards and Hero are absolutely right and that Caras still needs to defend the title this month, so next week: Chris Hero will face Davey Richards to take on Alberto Dos Caras for the championship in two weeks! Caras is livid and Hero and Richards go nose-to-nose, almost like a UFC weigh-in.

- Another commercial plays for WCWwrestling.com.

- Another commercial plays for the Halloween Havoc iPPV.

Match #4: The Cross vs. Caleb Konley/Sal Rinauro
    Spoiler

- Castagnoli cuts a promo belittling El Generico and Paul London. He says with the runts out of the way, they have their eyes set on DOOMSDAY. He does say their name in the hushed tones that others do, because he does not fear them. He says that there are men in this world and there are monsters, and while at first glance some would think DOOMSDAY are the monsters, they are mere men. The only monsters in WCW are the ones that put defenseless men through tables. Good enough promo, but not great or anything.

- A video package plays hyping Brent Albright.

- A video package plays recapping the Briscoes/Three Kings-feud.

Main Event: The Briscoes vs. Three Kings
    Spoiler

- After the match, the Kings continue their assault, whipping Jay with the belt. Mark tries to save but the numbers are two much and he ends up getting whipped with the belt. Having finally seen enough, JML storms the ring with a chair and chases them all off to end the show.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.11

- A video package recaps the announcement last week that Chris Jericho would be fighting for the WCW Championship on iPPV in December at Starrcade. It also recaps the announcement of the Chris Hero vs. Davey Richards match that will take place tonight, with the winner facing Alberto Dos Caras for the championship next week.

- The standard video opening plays.

- Lenny Leonard and JML do the usual rundown of the show. They say they'll hear from DOOMSDAY tonight, in addition to the continuation of the United States Championship tournament. Chris Jericho will be in action as well as Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team. Leonard then goes into huge promoter mode, talking up the main event and calling it a "battle of the future."

Match #1: Brent Albright vs. Sal Rinauro - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Albright approaches the commentary table for a promo. He says he had to swallow a pretty bitter pill at Halloween Havoc when Hero caught him with the Deathblow, but credit where it's due and on that night Hero managed to get the win. Albright says he's not done with Hero by a longshot, but for right now his eyes are set on the United States championship. He says his fingers are crossed that it ends up him and Hero in the finals.

- A commercial plays for the iPPV replay of Halloween Havoc. The last chance to view it will be 11/21.

- A video recaps the end of last week's main event, where JML saved the Briscoes from a gang-style beating at the hands of the Three Kings.

- Leonard asks JML just what exactly he was thinking last week. JML says he knows there's been an issue between him and Aries ever since he took Aries' job on commentary and quite frankly, "I hate the bastard." JML says he's drinking buddies with the Briscoes and any time they need help, he's got their back.

Match #2: Chris Jericho vs. Caleb Konley
    Spoiler

- It's Jericho's turn to a cut a promo. Jericho says that's how veterans should treat the up & comers in the business. He says guys like Caras, a man who has been around for ten years plus, have no respect for the business. He believes the business can only survive if there are stars to keep it alive, but if some guys hog the spotlight and never let go - then much like the WCW of old, wrestling will die in the hands of an egomaniac. He says whether it's the Hulk Hogans, the Triple Hs, or now the Alberto Dos Caras, there will always be people who refuse to let go of the spotlight. And for all of them, there will always be guys like Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and the Rock who are willing to pass the torch. At Starrcade, Jericho intends to knock Caras down a peg and pass the torch himself. Really good stuff from Jericho, as usual.

- A commercial plays hyping Starrcade, focusing on the main event for the WCW Championship.

- A commercial plays for WCWwrestling.com.

- Leonard and JML talk about the United States Championship Tournament so far. They go over the people who have advanced as well as those still yet to compete. They talk about Steve Corino, who's in the next match, and how this could potentially be his turn around.

Match #3: Steve Corino vs. Jay Fury - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Leonard is pretty shocked by what happened. JML says that Corino is a hell of a talent who's hit an unlucky streak and it seems we've seen the proverbial straw that's broken the back. Then James Jacobs comes out with the WCW Tag Team champions, DOOMSDAY, to a rather vociferous reaction. Jacobs says that the mere presence of the undefeated force of nature that is DOOMSDAY is enough to make this crowd stand on its feet. He says in the last couple of weeks he's heard a lot of talk from a lot of teams, but all in all he's quite nonplussed by that idle chatter. One week it's "Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team of 2003," another week it's cheap Koloff-knockoffs wanting a go. James says that he told the world weeks ago that DOOMSDAY fears no team, be it The Cross or Fastball Special. He says if Castagnoli and Ares want a title-match, then next week they will get that title-match. Those words draw quite the reaction from the crowd. Jacobs says that if Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team want a title-match, then the week after next DOOMSDAY will defend against Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team. This brings out Smarmy Guy who says that Jacobs can't guarantee that second title-match since they can't guarantee they'll beat The Cross next week. He says, though, that in two weeks two teams will fight for #1 contendership and the winners will face DOOMSDAY at Starrcade, live on iPPV. Jacobs says that's just fine, because no matter who starts the match - DOOMSDAY ends it. Jacobs was obviously the perfect fit to be the Paul Ellering to DOOMSDAY's Road Warriors.

- Another commercial for Batman: Arkham City.

- Another commercial for the final replay of Halloween Havoc.

Match #4: Drew Adler/Shane Rockwell vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
    Spoiler

- WGTT promo-time. Haas says if he has to jump through hoops to get a title-match, then that's ridiculous because there is no tag team on the face of the planet better than them. Benjamin says they're not afraid of "Dumbsday" (crowd boos - likely at the poor attempt of the insult). Haas says they better be in contention for that match, because if they're not - someone's going pay.

- Another commercial for WCWwrestling.com.

- A video package recaps the Necro Butcher vs. CM Punk feud.

- Leonard runs down the major matches for next week's show, which includes two championship matches as both the WCW Championship and the WCW Tag Team Championship will be defended.

Main Event: Chris Hero vs. Davey Richards - Winner Faces Alberto Dos Caras for the WCW Championship Next Week
    Spoiler

- An exhausted Davey Richards walks over to the commentary table for a promo. He says that the very best of pro wrestling was just shown in that ring and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it. Jericho comes out to applaud him. Richards says next week, he's going to the top of the mountain to dethrone Caras and then he's going to Starrcade to take care of Jericho. Jericho is a little put off by that, but congratulates Richards anyway. The show ends on that note.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From F4wrestling.com:

Quote Originally Posted by F4wrestling.com
    BREAKING NEWS - WCW RAIDS WWE TALENT ROSTER
    With little in the way of details, the big talk in the locker rooms of Madison Square Garden this afternoon have been that of an apparent "talent raid" by WCW. Every wrestler who appears on RAW and Smackdown! would most likely not have contracts that would allow this to happen, which would leave the developmental and legend contracts. The early estimation is that at least four talents in WWE have left for WCW. More on this as it develops.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From F4Wrestling.com

Quote Originally Posted by F4wrestling.com
    TALENT RAID UPDATE
    Richard Blood, Jr. (Richie Steamboat), Jonathan Good (Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley), Colby Lopez (Seth Rollins/Tyler Black), and Windham Rotunda (Husky Harris) have all signed contracts with WCW. More as this develops.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From WCWwrestling.com:

Quote Originally Posted by WCWwrestling.com
    Bison Smith has passed away at the age of 38
    It is with a heavy heart that we must report that Mark Smith, better known as Bison Smith and was currently 1/2 of WCW Tag Team champion team of DOOMSDAY with Takeshi Morishima, has passed away. In the short time that WCW has been in business, Smith was an integral part of the promotion. Due to the sudden nature of his passing, WCW will not be airing Underground in it's usual timeslot this week. The show will be released on Saturday, to allow us time to develop a special Bison Smith Memorial Show. On Saturday you will be able to watch all of his major matches, as well as the last match he had filmed for WCW. Smith was true competitor, performer, and friend. He will be missed.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.12

- The show begins with a Bison Smith RIP graphic.

- Next up the wrestlers are surrounding the ring. Bison's entrance gear is in the ring. His boots are also. The bell rings ten time in his memory.

- Lenny Leonard and JML stand in front of the empty ring and talking about the loss of Bison Smith. Leonard says tonight they'll air every single DOOMSDAY match from the WCW records, including his final WCW match which was to air tonight. Somber mood, obviously.

From The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament iPPV: DOOMSDAY vs. Caleb Konley/Sal Rinauro
    Spoiler

- No commercials this evening, as we move straight to the next match.

From WCW Underground 1.02: DOOMSDAY vs. Michael Cannon/Lee Roy
    Spoiler

From WCW Underground 1.04: DOOMSDAY vs. Michael Cannon/Lee Roy
    Spoiler

From WCW Underground 1.07: DOOMSDAY vs. Caleb Konley/Sal Rinauro - 1st Round of the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

From Halloween Havoc iPPV: DOOMSDAY vs. Fastball Special - Semi-Finals of the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

From Halloween Havoc iPPV: DOOMSDAY vs. Three Kings - Finals of the WCW Tag Team Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

From WCW Underground 1.09: DOOMSDAY vs. Drew Adler/Shane Rockwell
    Spoiler

From WCW Underground 1.11: DOOMSDAY Interview
    Spoiler

- Finally, the last match.

DOOMSDAY [c] vs. The Cross - WCW Tag Team Championship Match
    Spoiler

- The show ends with a beautifully done video package. It has tons of clips from Bison in ROH, Japan, and WCW set to some somber music. It ends on a shot of Bison lifting the championship in the air with confetti falling around him from Halloween Havoc.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the most recent Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    - Richard Blood, Jr. (Richie Steamboat), Jonathan Good (Dean Ambrose/Jon Moxley), Colby Lopez (Seth Rollins/Tyler Black), and Windham Rotunda (Husky Harris) have all signed contracts with WCW. This is being looked at as a major coup for Jim Ross, who became the Head of Personnel a few months back. It also appears that Jim Ross may have burned his bridge with WWE, so to speak, as officials there are livid. Ross apparently knew of the loopholes in the developmental contracts which he was able to utilize in signing the four talents, which in some ways could be seen as unethical. Ross hasn't commented on the situation, but sources close to him told us: "All I'll say is this - he has no regrets for his actions and if you really want to question the ethical side of the situation, then question the ethics behind how Vince McMahon has treated Jim Ross over the last two decades while you're at it." The talents are not expected to debut until January.

- Two more additions to the talent roster are John Hennigan (John Morrison) and Chris Mordetzky (Chris Masters). Hennigan signed as soon as his contracted expired last Wednesday. Mordetskzy is an example of a guy that has been poorly treated by WWE. He was brought up too soon because of his look and then he received two Wellness violations. Triple H buried him on RAW, in fact. He left and then came back but much, much smaller. It turned out the joke was still on him, because despite improving and becoming one of the better workers on the roster - and you wouldn't know that unless you watched Superstars - he was let go again. So they hired him because he was big, he got in trouble for what he did to get there, left and got small so he wouldn't get in trouble any longer, and they fired him despite showing improvement in the ring. Like the FCW Four, they'll be debuting most likely sometime in January.

- There's a lot of heat on Austin Aries right now. Aries has made it very known that he's unhappy with getting shuffled out of commentary in favor of John Layfield. It's funny because Layfield and Lenny Leonard have specific commentator contracts (they're not as good as active wrestler contracts), but Aries was given an active wrestler contract to be a commentator. He's apparently coming off as a man who thinks he is worth more than he is.

- The upcoming episode of Underground will be a tribute episode to the recently departed Mark "Bison" Smith. Smith was a part of the tag team DOOMSDAY and was 1/2 of the tag team champions. He was meant to be a big part of the promotion in 2012 as they were going to strongly focus on tag team wrestling, since neither WWE nor TNA do that. No plans yet on how to resolve the tag team title situation, but the booking going forward was leaning on Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. DOOMSDAY at Starrcade. There's also some question about what they'll do regarding the Richards/Caras match that was supposed to main event this week's episode.

- We were finally able to get some buyrate numbers for the iPPVs they've produced so far. The Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament did a little under 900, with over half coming from replays. I would say that should be considered a success given the extreme lack of build for the show. Halloween Havoc did 1500, which is being seen as a huge success since it equals what CHIKARA did, is better than the last ROH iPPV, and exceeds the first ROH iPPV. The TV viewership has been between roughly 200,000 and 400,000. The goal is to try and hit 3,000 iPPV buys for Starrcade, which will be one hell of a tough sell since no other promotion has done that much yet.

- The company is still looking into national TV. There are a lot of talks going on with some pretty big networks. One of the owners of the company has a history in television, so that should help. Historically, selling wrestling on TV has never been very good for anyone. ECW died under TNN and WWE had to fall back on USA when they left Spike because no one else would take them.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From WCWwrestling.com:

Quote Originally Posted by WCWwrestling.com
    An ULTIMATE Underground is set for Saturday!
    As a holiday season special, be prepared for a special TWO HOUR edition of WCW Underground to air on Saturday! This mega event will help set the stage for the biggest iPPV of the year, WCW Starrcade!

The first hour of the episode will play host to the final matches in the first round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament. Eddie Edwards takes on Drew Adler while newcomers Drew Gallows and Bo Newson battle it out, all with the hopes of advancing to the quarter finals. In addition to these matches, a main event re-match that has been three months in the making! You asked for it on WCWwrestling.com! You pleaded for it at live events! And now you will finally get to see: DAVEY RICHARDS vs. ALBERTO DOS CARAS 2. Their first match on the inaugural Underground was called a "legitimate Match of the Year contender"* and featured "star-making performances by Davey Richards and Alberto Dos Caras, the likes of which we haven't seen since Sting took on Ric Flair for 45 minutes." In their first encounter, Davey Richards took champion Alberto Dos Caras to the limit in a non-title affair. This time, with the time-limit now extended to 30 minutes and the WCW Championship on the line, Davey Richards will face the greatest test of his career yet! Davey Richards vs. Alberto Dos Caras 2 takes place THIS SATURDAY!

Then, in HOUR #2, witness the complete quarter finals of the WCW United States Championship! Eight men will go to war to make their place in the semi-finals and come one step closer to attaining the United States Championship - an illustrious title held previously by wrestling legends like Ricky Steamboat, Ric Flair, and Steve Austin. Who will face off, what chaos will ensued, and who will advanced into the semi-finals? FIND OUT THIS SATURDAY!
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.13

- The show starts with a new gimmick. Usually, the show would open with a vignette recapping a major storyline that would be focused on the show. Instead, we get an all-encompassing "Previously on Underground." It starts off by recapping the Necro Butcher/CM Punk-feud. Narration is provided by "Guy With Deep Voice" and it really adds to the video. He talks about how it started at the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament iPPV and has since escalated. He uses that to segue into Drew Gallows' match tonight. Up next he talks about the Briscoes/Three Kings-feud and how it evolved from JML replacing Austin Aries on commentary. He then talks about the war between The Cross and Fastball Special, noting that Fastball Special will be returning tonight after Castagnoli put Generico through a table at Halloween Havoc. A recap of the United States Championship Tournament follows. Next is a look at the WGTT/DOOMSDAY-feud that was brewing. He says an announcement will be made tonight about the state of the tag team championship. Finally, he goes over the entire storyline between Davey Richards, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Chris Hero, and Alberto Dos Caras. It all ends with a big focus on the main event of hour 1: Davey Richards vs. Alberto Dos Caras 2. In some ways this was a great segment as it recapped events after what was, essentially, a week off. With only 20 days remaining until the big end of year iPPV, that's very important. But it was a pretty lengthy segment, as well, being almost eight minutes long. If it's another lengthy segment next week, I'd say it's not a good idea. We'll see what happens.

- No video package to open the show as we go straight to Lenny Leonard and JML. They run down the card for hour one (although they say it's the card for tonight - but this was filmed prior to Bison Smith's unfortunate passing and was set to air last week instead of this week) which includes two United States Championship Tournament matches as well as the big rematch: Davey Richards vs. Alberto Dos Caras II, this time for the WCW Championship. Leonard thinks that tonight Davey Richards will attain greatness and take the championship. JML says that Davey has all the tools, but in this situation, Caras has proven to be a tricky champion and he predicts Caras walks away with the title using whatever means possible.

Match #1: Drew Adler vs. Eddie Edwards - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Edwards promo-time. JML says that since WCW began, there's been a lot of talk about Davey Richards and not so much about Eddie Edwards. Edwards says he respects that and he's glad his buddy Davey is fighting for the WCW Championship tonight and he's pulling for him. He says Davey has worked hard to get where he is in this business and no one deserves to be successful more than him. That said, his mind is on the United States Championship tournament and the United States Championship. He says no one is going to come between him and that championship, absolutely no one. Leonard then brings up the graphic to show us that by advancing to the next round, Edwards is set to face: DAVEY RICHARDS! Edwards chuckles about it. Leonard announces that if Davey wins tonight, Edwards will receive an automatic bye to the semi-finals. Edwards says whatever happens happens and that he's pulling for Richards tonight win, but if he doesn't - then he stands by what he said: no one, not even Davey Richards, will come between him and that United States Championship. This was just an absolutely fantastic segment. Edwards did well enough for the promo, nothing amazing, but just how it all came together as a story was perfect execution.

- A commercial plays for the newly released Halloween Havoc DVD. It features a retrospective on the Halloween Havoc PPV, dating back to the very first one with Sting/Ric Flair vs. The Great Muta/Terry Funk.

- A commercial plays for DC Universe Online, which you can now play free.

- CM Punk, with a chain, is at ringside with Leonard and Punk to do commentary for the next match.

Match #2: Drew Gallows vs. Bo Newsom - 1st Round of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- After the match, CM Punk enters the ring and - with Gallows - beats Newsom down. Then, using the chain, Punk hangs Newsom over the ropes and chokes him. Necro Butcher runs into a huge pop and fights off Punk and Gallows, but the numbers overwhelm him. Butcher ends up in the same position as Newsom earlier, being hung over the ropes and choked out with the chain. Finally, security runs in and makes the save.

- A commercial plays hyping the Starrcade iPPV.

- A commercial plays advertising the new WCW T-shirt line.

- Necro Butcher is with Leonard and JML. Leonard tells Butcher that he needs to stay away from Punk and Gallows, because he'll never be able to top the 2-on-1 odds. Butcher, still selling being choked out and bleeding from the mouth, goes into a vicious promo. He says that since he was a boy he's worked hard to get everything he has in life. He's worked hard to be a wrestler and he's worked hard to provide for his family. He says he lives by his motto: "Drink, Smoke, Fight" and by god no little straight-edge piece of shit like Punk is going to stop him. He says this all started because of Punk thinking he was a better man for being straight-edge, but tonight... Tonight Punk took it too far. He says Punk tried to end his life here in the ring and that something has to give. He says Leonard is right, he'll never be able to stop those 2-on-1 attacks and maybe, just maybe, he needs to start looking for someone to back him up. He says he's not going to look in the locker room for a Davey Richards. He says he's not going to look up north for a John Cena or down south for a Bobby Roode. He says he's going to go to the worst places possible, the places Punk wouldn't dare step foot in. He'll go to every back alley, dark corner, dive, bar, and truck stop in the country and he'll find someone and when he does, when the numbers are even, he's going to end this once and for all. Usual amazing promo Necro Butcher. You know, you would expect CM Punk to be able to do great promos, but Necro has more than carried his own and has excelled on the microphone in this excellent feud.

- A video package plays for Davey Richards.

- Leonard introduces his next guests, FASTBALL SPECIAL~! The crowd is pretty happy to see their return. London goes into full London-mode. The transcript, is as follows: "When last we stood before you we were throttled and dismembered by the individuals who comprise the team known only as: The Cross. Fireworks explode, Ares. The moon wanes, Castagnoli. When at last you think you have defeated us, WE RETURN. The situation hasn't ended. The scenarios are not over. The game is not being reset. Our paths will intersect, our lives with collide, our pasts - presents - and futures are intertwined! Know this you malevolent males, Fastball Special will take revenge." It's awesome watching JML's facial expressions as he tries to decipher just what the hell London is saying. This brings out, of course, The Cross. Castagnoli makes fun of the two and brags about putting Generico through a table. Referees have to come up and keep them separated. Leonard says we have one last commercial break before the main event.

- A commercial plays for the newly released Halloween Havoc DVD. It features a retrospective on the Halloween Havoc PPV, dating back to the very first one with Sting/Ric Flair vs. The Great Muta/Terry Funk.

Match #3: Alberto Dos Caras [c] vs. Davey Richards - WCW Championship Match
    Spoiler

- Caras escapes with the belt, while Richards pleads his case to the referee about the tights. Out of nowhere, Chris Hero slides into the ring and catches Richards with a roaring elbow. Hero stands over the fallen Richards as the fades to black.

- Or commercials.

- Back from break and JML and Lenny Leonard are wearing new clothes~! Leonard explains that the previous hour was filmed two weeks again and was meant to air last week originally, but do the untimely passing of Mark "Bison" Smith, they couldn't air the footage until today. They explain that the remaining hour of television will feature fresh wrestlers and that the talent involved will actually be wrestling their first match for the evening. He talks about the main event being Davey Richards vs. Eddie Edwards. JML says he expects it to be every bit as good as last week's main event. Leonard says tonight we'll see the entirety of the WCW United States Championship quarter-finals, as well as hear from the liaison of the WCW Executive Director in regards to the WCW Tag Team Championship.

Match #4: Jay Fury vs. Chris Hero - Quarter-Finals of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Hero's turn to cut a promo. Leonard asks Hero to explain his actions from last week, when he took Richards out at the end of the show. Hero said that he needed to establish the pecking order and make sure that Richards knew he falls below Hero on it. Hero says he's the top gun in WCW and while he's not wearing championship gold to prove it yet, he will by the end of this tournament. Leonard mentions that Hero will face the winner of Richards/Edwards tonight, but Hero doesn't care who he faces.

- The tribute video for Mark "Bison" Smith plays.

Match #5: Brent Albright vs. CM Punk - Quarter-Finals of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- Punk grabs the mic and promises revenge tonight.

- The Liasion to the WCW Executive Director is here to announce the plans for the WCW Tag Team Championship. He says next week, in addition to the semi-finals of the WCW United States Championship tournament, there will be a mini-tournament to determine who the #1 cont. to the titles are. Participants will be Fastball Special, Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team, The Briscoes, and The Three Kings. He says the winner of the tournament will face Takeshi Morishima and a partner of his choice for the championship at Starrcade.

- Leonard introduces a special sit-down interview with Chris Jericho conducted by Jim Ross. Ross starts with questions about WCW. Jericho says he was ready to be a player there, but the guys on top were accustomed to a way of life and didn't want to give up their spots, even though it was obvious they were the biggest problem with WCW and why people weren't watching. He says that guys like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash are always good for business in short doses, but when you try to extend that past a month - business always goes down. He says the fans in WCW were looking for something new and that's why they left WCW for WWF and Steve Austin and the Rock. Ross turns to WWF. Jericho is mostly nice about the promotion, but says that he realized in 2002 the fans were ready for something new and Triple H wasn't ready to let someone else be that something new. He says the promotion suffered until John Cena and Batista came around, but then fans got bored and wanted something new and WWE had guys like CM Punk who wanted to be that something new, but Triple H - big surprise - wasn't really to let that happen. Talk finally turns to Caras. He says Caras represents all of those bad traits in guys like Triple H and Kevin Nash. He says there is talent like Davey Richards that the fans want to support and want to get behind, but Caras is doing everything he can to prevent that from happening by defending the belt against guys who don't really deserve matches. He's glad the WCW Executive Director, whoever it is, stepped in and made the Hero/Richards-match so that Richards could get a shot at the championship. He says at Starrcade, he won't come up short (almost like an insult to Richards) and that when he wins the championship, he'll defend it against anyone who's earned it.

Match #6: Necro Butcher vs. Drew Gallows - Quarter-Finals of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- A commercial hypes next week's episode with the #1 cont. tournament and a sit-down interview with Alberto Dos Caras conducted by Jim Ross.

- A video package plays recapping the United States Championship Tournament.

Main Event: Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Richards - Quarter-Finals of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- After the match, Hero enters the and laughs at Richards. Edwards nails Hero from behind, sending Hero out of the ring. The show ends with them staring each other down.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW World Tag Team Championship
    Current Champions: The Old School Wrecking Crew

WCW World Tag Team Championship History
    Spoiler
    Last edited by TMMW; 06-30-2012 at 06:18 PM.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name: Alberto Dos Caras

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 239 lbs

Hometown: San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Signature Moves: The Destiny Lock (cross-armbreaker), Enzuiguri

Honors: WCW Championship
    Last edited by TMMW; 06-22-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name: Chris Jericho

Height: 6'

Weight: 226 lbs

Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Signature Moves: Liontamer, Lionsault

Honors: WCW World Championship [current], WCW Cruiserweight Championship (4x), WCW Television Championship
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name: Davey Richards

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 208 lbs

Hometown: Othello, Washington

Signature Moves: DR Driver (butterfly brainbuster), Alarm Clock (flapjack into a lifting kick to the opponent's chest)

Honors: None
    Last edited by TMMW; 12-04-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name: Eddie Edwards

Height: 6'

Weight: 214 lbs

Hometown: Boston, MA

Signature Moves: Achilles Lock (extended single-leg crab), Die Hard (cross-legged Fisherman buster)

Honors: WCW United States Championship
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name: Chris Hero

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 225 lbs

Hometown: Metropolis

Signature Moves: Deathblow (rolling elbow to the back of the head), Flash Kick (sliding kick)

Honors: None
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

vCash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WCW Underground 1.14

- Previously on WCW Underground: Necro Butcher and Drew Gallows battled to a double count-out, which meant that Brent Albright (by virtue of defeating CM Punk) would get a BYE into the finals of the WCW United States Championship tournament. Meanwhile, Eddie Edwards bested Davey Richards to take on Chris Hero, who defeated Jay Fury himself, to face Brent Albright for the championship at Starrcade. Also, due to the unfortunate passing of Bison Smith, the tag team championship was vacated. Tonight, four teams face off in a mini-tournament for the opportunity to take on Takeshi Morishima and a partner of his choosing at Starrcade.

- Standard video opening.

- Lenny Leonard is on commentary with JML tonight and they run down the packed card. Tonight will have four huge matches, each with major ramifications on Starrcade. PLUS~! Jim Ross sits down and talks with Alberto Dos Caras about the WCW Championship Match at Starrcade.

Match #1: The Briscoes vs. Three Kings - #1 Cont. Mini-Tournament Semi-Final Match
    Spoiler

- The Kings retreat to the locker room, unhappy with JML's actions.

- A commercial plays for the Halloween Havoc DVD.

- CM Punk, with the chain, is at ringside with Drew Gallows. Punk says he'll never accept the challenge of the dog-collared tag match from Necro Butcher. Punk says the Butcher wanted a Falls Count Anywhere match and he gave it to him. Punk says you'll never heard the words "I accept" come out of his mouth. Out come Necro Butcher and Brodie Lee. Butcher calls Punk a pussy for not accepting the challenge. Punk says he has nothing left to prove. Butcher says come hell or high water this thing is going to end at Starrcade and walks off. As he does, Punk sneak attacks him and of course it turns into a brawl. They brawl into the ring while Gallows and Lee brawl around ringside. Butcher takes the chain from Punk and starts choking him. Butcher starts yelling "Give me the match!" and of course, Punk inevitably yells "I accept!" Butcher lets go and he and Lee head back to the locker room, happy with Punk's decision.

- Punk is still at ringside and he says there's no way in hell that match will happen. He says you can't expect him to accept the match when he was being choked to death. This brings out the Liaison to the WCW Executive Director to confirm that there will be a dog-collared tag team match at Starrcade pitting the Necro Butcher and Brodie Lee against CM Punk and Drew Gallows.

Fastball Special vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team - #1 Cont. Mini-Tournament Semi-Final Match
    Spoiler

- Post-match, the Cross continue their assault on Fastball Special and Paul London gets powerbombed through a table. Those dastardly villains!

- A commercial plays for the Halloween Havoc DVD.

- A commercial plays for DC Universe Online, which you can now play for free.

- JML and Lenny Leonard talk about the main event, which will be the Briscoes vs. WGTT for the right to face Takeshi Morishima and a partner of his choosing at Starrcade. This brings out Jimmy Jacobs and Takeshi Morishima. Jacobs says this is a somber day for the Japanese Juggernaut. He says Morishima and Bison Smith had been friends for many years and at Starrcade, Morishima will re-take the WCW tag team championship in Bison's honor. Jacobs says Morishima has chosen a partner and he can't think of anyone more apt for the role. He brings out: Keith Walker (who's, basically, a less talented version of Bison Smith - but I totally get where they're going with this). Jacobs says that Walker was Bison's last tag team partner out of Japan and the two were intrinsically linked, becoming GHC Tag Team Champions of Pro Wrestling NOAH. He says at Starrcade, be it against Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team or the Briscoes - there is only one result: DOOMSDAY for whomever they face.

- Next up is Jim Ross' sit-down interview with Alberto Dos Caras. Caras is in full snob-mode here, being an ultradrick. He says that guys like Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are beneath him and that Chris Jericho knows it. He says he doesn't fear Jericho because Jericho is no different than anyone who came before him. Caras says he made Angle submit at the Lou Thesz Memorial Tournament and he pinned Angle on Underground. He says everyone made a big deal about how Davey Richards would ascend to the top when he earned his shot against Caras. He says, quote, "And what happened? Davey got pinned - unos, dos, tres. Fairy tale over. No happy ending." He says what makes Jericho think he'll be any different? "Do you think you are better than them Jericho? Do you think you are better than Davey Richards?" He says, "What's funny is, Jericho is better. And he knows it. But for some reason, for some reason he won't admit it right now. He is on his high horse. Like some rey del mundo." He says at Starrcade, Jericho will find out that he is better than most - but he'll never be better than Alberto Dos Caras. "He will tap. He must. It his fate. Su destino." Great, great stuff here.

Eddie Edwards vs. Chris Hero - Semi-Finals of the WCW United States Championship Tournament Match
    Spoiler

- After the match, Hero attempts to hit Eddie with a sneak attack Roaring Elbow, but Davey makes the save. Before Davey goes for the DR Driver, but Hero slips out and escapes. Albright storms the ring and goes face-to-face with Edwards so they can take some pictures to put on the web site.

- A commercial for Starrcade plays.

Main Event: The Briscoes vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team - Finals of the #1 Cont. Mini Tournament
    Spoiler

- Post-match sees the Kings beating down the Briscoes until JML makes the save, which causes the crowd to go apeshit! JML starts cleaning house, but the numbers overwhelm him, and he gets nailed with Regicide by Aries and Kendrick. The Kings stand triumphant to end the show.
    We ARE pro-wrestling.

Thread Information