Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Retro Gaming Thread

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Retro Gaming Thread

Yeah Panzer Dragoon Orta was marvelous, one of my favorite games of all time. The Outrun games by Sega for Xbox are also pretty sweet.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice score @Hypeman. How much did that set you back in total?

Once I'm finished collecting all the games I want for the Wii U, I'd like to upgrade my X Box collection. These days the only games I have in my collection are Halo, Halo 2, Doom 3 and WWE Raw 2. I'd love to get my hands on Ninja Gaiden Black, Phantom Crash, OutRun 2, Shenmue 2 (holding out for an HD remake), Breakdown and Gemma Onimusha.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been in the mood for some SNES lately. Since I sold off most of my SNES collection back in 2011 I have been rebuilding my collection little by little since then. Went to the city today for little nieces birthday party, while in town I stopped by the retro game shop to pick up a few old SNES favorites. I picked up Sim City, Pilotwings, and Best of the Best Championship Karate. Also I'm kinda in the mood for some SNES RPG so I picked up Final Fantasy II for $30. Edit: Also picked up NFL Blitz for Playstation
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-25-2017 at 08:40 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of the Best Championship Karate
    That's the first I've ever heard of the game.

Looking into it, it seems critically reviled for it's controls and overall productions. However, I can see the novelty in the game, I don't recall any other martial arts game from that time period and it's the only one to come out on the Super Nintendo.

I could be wrong, but it seems like the only martial arts related game until UFC Throwdown in 2002. Surely that can't be right?

Good haul, you can't believe how jealous I am you were able to get a game like FF2 for that price. Not only did it not come out here in Australia, if it did it would easily sell for $100+

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pete View Post
    That's the first I've ever heard of the game.

Looking into it, it seems critically reviled for it's controls and overall productions. However, I can see the novelty in the game, I don't recall any other martial arts game from that time period and it's the only one to come out on the Super Nintendo.
    Yeah, reviews I've read for it are not good. We used to rent this a lot back in the day(usually for the Genesis though). The Best of the Best movies(part 1 and 2) were me and my little brother's favorite movies for a while there, I'm pretty sure now that this game has nothing to do with those movies(at least not officially) but tell that to a couple of 8-10 year old kids raised on Bloodsport and American Ninja tapes.

Spoiler

I got it for like $6 complete in the box, sweet box art and check out this description on the back:

Concentration of the spirit... One must climb the mountain in order to determine the height of Heaven... one must search himself that he might find the way to reach it.

The ancient art of Karate, you've been obsessed with its magic and power. Since you were a young child you've dreamed of entering the arenas, matching your skills against the "BEST OF THE BEST". Your dream has turned to reality, you've been ranked sixteenth in the world and ready to enter the International World Championships. Training doesn't stop there, continue to master your moves, focus on a style or create your own. Choose between 55 possible moves and program your favorites into your style. Study your opponents carefully, for they are watching you. Your body and mind must work together with your concentration and spirit. Imagine the superiority of your speed and power, for those who lack the spirit will lose the battle. You will meet many tough fighters as obsessed with being the best as you are.

As your skills sharpen you'll be asked to participate in the ultimate confrontation, "THE KUMITE", a full contact no holds barred match requiring much thought and training. Think carefully before entering, the spirit must lead the body. Never forget the essence of the Martial Spirit: "Dedication, Obedience, Honor, Faith, and Perseverance in battle" So welcome to the opportunity to be the "BEST OF THE BEST"!
    Pretty awesome. Screenshots on the back actually show the Kumite level looking like the Kumite from Bloodsport(Coo-Ma-Tay, Coo-Ma-Tay, Coo-Ma-Tay) with no gloves in the underground setting, so I'm assuming this is like the advanced level of the game, I never made it that far and didn't even know it existed until now, so cool.

I could be wrong, but it seems like the only martial arts related game until UFC Throwdown in 2002. Surely that can't be right?
    Yeah, there were some UFC games released before Throwdown, the first was for Dreamcast in 1999(actually pretty decent game), and there were a few K-1 kickboxing games for the original Playstation, I remember seeing one from 1999 that had Mirko Cro Cop in it back when he was called Mirko Tiger.

Good haul, you can't believe how jealous I am you were able to get a game like FF2 for that price. Not only did it not come out here in Australia, if it did it would easily sell for $100+
    What's the story on Final Fantasy II, is it better or worse than 3? Where does it stand in the series? I've never really gotten into any of the Final Fantasy games.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-26-2017 at 12:51 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the story on Final Fantasy II, is it better or worse than 3?
    II (actually 4) is considered inferior to 3 (actually 6) by most since 3 came out later in the SNES' life-cycle, but it still hold it's own and is a pretty bad-ass game. Unlike most FF games where you're a bunch of teenagers trying to find your way in the world, your guys are former high-ranking officers looking to make the kingdom pay for all the horrendous shit they've done.

Give it a couple of sessions and see if it hooks you.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I poked smot and played SNES all afternoon Sunday. Tinkered around a little with Final Fantasy II but spent most of the afternoon with Sim City, man that has got to be one of the most chill games of all time.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something about returning to an old game and taking on new challenges.

Diddy Kong Racing was the first game I ever received for the N64. I used to study the instruction booklet, the magazines and felt like I knew the game inside and out but in reality I was awful and barely got through the story. I can't remember exactly, but I believe I was only 3/5 worlds into the game and hadn't touched on most of the side-stuff.

For such a child-friendly game, certain challenges are surprisingly difficult. The game really challenges you to plan your bends well and unlike a lot of mascot racers, teaches you the importance of applying the brakes. This is especially true for the TT Challenges, a time trial mode where you've got to beat the times set by the best character in the game. Since you're at a disadvantage, the only way to clear those times is to perfect the boost mechanic. The game has a unique mechanic where if you hit boosts without using the accelerator, the boosts give you more take-off. Perfecting this and knowing how to hit the ensuing corners right is essential to clearing the challenge. As an older gamer, it isn't too difficult, but as a child the concept would have been really complex.

The other challenge is Mirror Mode. As a child, I thought it was simply a rumour and didn't realise once you cleared the campaign once, there was an extra option waiting for you. For a game as old as DKR to have this mode is pretty impressive and I'd be surprised if any mascot racers did it before hand. I'm sure it was adopted from an arcade or simulated racing game, but I don't recall Mario Kart or Sonic R featuring a mode like this.

Otherwise, DKR is just a jolly game. For the past few months I've been duelling with samurais and mutants, it's nice to just chill out after the stress of real life, pop on a podcast and hit all these scenic sights with up-beat music blarring in the background.

What are some other jolly games out there?

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wizpig 1st race still haunts me to this day, such a difficult little race. You cannot mess up once with the zippers and you need to get green boost to guarantee the narrow win. Anything else and you're in deep crap.

And yeah the silver coin challenge, TT Trials etc. were quite a feat to have to go through. I enjoyed them though, altogether DKR is a fantastic game. Which racer or racers do you use Big Pete?

I believe CTR: Crash Team Racing has mirror mode but it's been AGES since I played that game.

Speaking of jolly.........

After getting the platnium Horizon, I figured until next Tuesday hits with the Gravity Rush 2 DLC that I would go with a game completely different than Horizon: Zero Dawn in Manhunt. As crazy as it sounds, the game still does hold up well in most aspects. Yeah the combat is clunky as heck and there are specific elements in the game(Like the refrigerator awful scene) but god I really liked the game back when I played this in 2006 and not much has changed. What I enjoy so much especially coming off such a (good) complex system like Horizon is how simple of a game Manhunt is. The story explains itself, nothing really hidden with it and the gameplay doesn't change much at all, throughout the game you just have to pick your spots, be smart and execute gang member after gang member to go further in a task. The different amount of gangs from Hoodz to Skinz to Wardogs to some of the later CRAZY dudes(I am in the 3rd gang territory but I know the next 2 gangs are nutjobs to the max), and the banter between these gangs is vulgar and downright laugh out loud funny

What I don't get still is the hooplah over the gore and violence.........I didn't think it was that bad a little over 10 years ago and coming off of games like The Last of Us which is a much more polished version of Manhunt, this game actually seems somewhat tame. It sucks that Rockstar can never get away with publishing another Manhunt because you just know the SJWs will tear it a new one yet they are the same ones who are dancing and bowing to Ellie smashing a cannibalistic pedophile's brains in.

Curious Big Pete given AUS's strict A+18 rating for entertainment but The Last of Us hits shelves over there yet Manhunt 1 and 2 cannot? Wassupwitdat? The Last Of Us for graphics alone seems much more gorey than Manhunt at least to me. Especially the clicker executions on Joel, so good. So good.

James Earl Cash is such a badass silent protagonist and Lionel Starkweather's dialogues throughout are so good. Getting to replay this bad boy after a decade removed is so satisfying. One of the best stealth games ever made, never got to play Manhunt 2 though I heard it isn't as good.
    Last edited by Blindy; 03-18-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bit of a dummy, Mirror Mode was a reward for clearing 150CC in Mario Kart 64. I never owned the game, but I should have known that. CTR didn't have mirror mode, but then it didn't need it, what a great game.

For years I was a wuss and stuck with the lighter characters. It's only in recent times I've gone for the trickier characters so I was tossing up between Drumstick and Banjo before I unlocked TT. The only exception is the silver coin challenges where I'll swallow my pride and enlist Pipsy. I can't be bothered repeating the same track a dozen times, so I play it easy.

In order for Manhunt to receive an Australian release, Rockstar would have to submit it to the classification board for review. They clearly don't think it's worth the time and money, so the game remains banned here. Fortunately, the R18 rating was brought in when The Last of Us was released so we were able to get that game no worries. The only time the classification board has been a real nuisance was for MK9 and Hotline Miami 2. We didn't receive MK9 until 2013, well after all the hype had died down.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent the day in town today, had to swing by the retro shop and pick up some games. I got Knights of the Old Republic for XBOX for 5.95, also got ECW Anarchy Rulz for Playstation 1 for 11 bucks, it's like new like it was just recently opened from shrink wrap. I wasn't going to buy it because I know these games aren't very good(I have the first one on Dreamcast) but I picked it up and read that back description and seen that the disc was like new condition I just had to have it. Also picked up Ecco The Dolphin for Dreamcast.

I bought a factory sealed Dreamcast for 150. My Dreamcast has seen better days, it crashed on me a couple of times last week while I was in the middle of games in NFL 2K, it won't even load a lot of my Dreamcast games anymore so I figured it was time for a new one. This one came with NFL 2K1, NBA 2K1, and World Series Baseball 2K1 packed in. Gonna relax the rest of the weekend and play some games.

vCash
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up to the 6th gang in Manhunt, game went from stealth to some Time Crisis/Max Payne really fast I forgot this game does dip away from the stealth and is a gunfest at given portions.

The dialogue of the Smileyz was as good as I remembered. Forgot about the cross dressing ones who think they're females

Shit is going to get real with the SWAT enforcers and top militia men! The game is still pretty good to this day.

Currently Playing:
    Wipeout Omega Collection(PS4), Rocket League(PS4)

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got about 2 minutes into an RVD vs Jerry Lynn match on ECW Anarchy Rulz and had to turn it off. My god those Acclaim wrestling games were terrible. They probably would have been better off just making a 2D ECW fighting game or maybe even a side scrolling beat'em up. It's crazy to think about how much money and trouble Acclaim went through to make these games(they way overpaid for a small stake in ECW itself at one point, they got ripped off by Heyman pretty much), and just how bad these games ended up being. Pretty cool little collectors item to have though.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-19-2017 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet in true ECW fashion, it still managed to be better than WCW's efforts - Backstage Assault.

The game that was so bad, they refused to release the N64 version in PAL territories.

Those Acclaim games had some cool ideas. I remember they had a 'Create A Match' mode as early as Attitude, Anarchy Rulz has Multiplayer Career mode, you could see they were trying new things for the genre. The issue is the same problem that plagues all annual video games, they only had enough time and resources to make superficial changes, they could never address the core issues with the gameplay.

Apart of me likes to think if Acclaim released it as a Dreamcast exclusive, it would have been a better game. However, when you consider the point of releasing licensed games is to make money, it was clear they just wanted to use the engine they had in place to try and make some quick money.

That's why the recent announcement of Fire Pro Wrestling World is so exciting to me. Unlike other games which are clearly just cash-grabs, this was brought back by the fans and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Outside of an incredibly limited release (I'm talking parts of Europe) Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was never released in PAL Territories, so this will be the first home console release. The only Fire Pro games we'd seen before were for the GBA and I imagine those were uncommon in Australia because I don't recall ever seeing them in the wild.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played Ecco The Dolphin: The Defender of the Future on Dreamcast for the past hour or so. What a cool game. I remember reading somebody call this a dolphin simulator somewhere a long time ago, that's pretty fitting. The controls for Ecco are really sweet, jumping out of the water and doing flips and shit is cool, just swimming around, tailwalking to look around above the surface. This game has some really good looking graphics for a game released in 2000. I made it through a few levels tonight and really enjoyed it, I'm going to stick with it and try to beat it. Maybe one of the best Dreamcast games I've played. Really chill with the music and the vibe, some beautiful ocean atmospheres in the levels, perfect game for smoking weed.

Played a little bit of World Series Baseball 2K1 yesterday, I didn't like it at all. I'm used to playing World Series Baseball II on Saturn and it is my favorite baseball game(not a big baseball fan but that game is fun). For 2K1 the graphics are amazing, the graphics look just as good in this game as any XBOX or Playstation 2 game I've ever seen. Problem is the gameplay and controls are really complicated.

NBA 2K1 was alright. Not that big of a basketball fan but there are a few basketball video games I like. This one is another DC game with some great graphics, the players faces look like the real deal, I was surprised at how good the graphics look for some of these DC games.

I couldn't get Knights of the Old Republic to load in my XBOX. I think it may be time to get yet another XBOX, those machines were poorly made from my experiences, I've gone through 3-4 of them over the years, they just don't hold up. This one I have has stopped loading games and will crash in the middle of them sometimes.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-19-2017 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know of any console that doesn't have issues with failing optical drives, but the original Xbox might have the highest failure rate I've seen. But it's the easiest console to do an optical drive swap on. I would swap the drive before buying a new system.

vCash
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clocked Diddy Kong Racing.

Mirror Mode affects more than just the tracks, it completely alters the placement of silver coins. So certain tracks are more difficult in Adventure Two than in the original iteration. Greenwood Village in the forth world Dragon Forest is particularly difficult, requiring you to go off-track in order to collect every coin. While the silver coin challenge adds a level of skill and strategy that most racers lack, the goal can be frustrating since the hit detection seems very flimsy. At times, the game can be very forgiving and count the coin even if you clearly missed it, then other times you have to hit it dead centre for it to unlock.

The guardian races were a lot easier than I remembered. Unlocking TT certainly helped, but even the first Wizpig race was surprisingly forgiving. Normally you have to hit every single boost and activate a special green boost to stand a chance, one mistake and you're done. With TT I was able to miss a couple of boosts and hit a couple of purple boosts and yet still win fairly comfortably. The only race that gave me real trouble was the rematch against Wizpig. There is a section at the start of the race where you've got to dodge meteors and lasers while navigating through very narrow ridges. After a few attempts you get the timing down for the initial onslaught but as the race continues, it's much harder to predict and I had some fantastic heats ruined by one poorly time laser. It probably took me around 20 attempts, but by the end, I was able to convert one of my dustier efforts into a solid victory and claim top marks.

Diddy Kong Racing was a game that I enjoyed as a 7-year-old because it featured a bunch of characters surrounded by these larger than life beings like dinosaurs, dragons and giant octopus'. It was a state of the art game that pushed the boundaries of it's genre. 20 years on, it's a game that requires a surprising amount of skill and gives the Mario Kart franchise a run for it's money in the music department. While the course design isn't as strong as Mario Kart's the core mechanics surprisingly hold up well and it's well worth a revisit all these years later.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got home today and in my mailbox was Zero Gunner 2 for the Dreamcast. I ordered this on Ebay last week, I wasn't expecting it until maybe next week. Absolutely loved this game in the arcades, it was ported to the Japanese Dreamcast in 2001. It's a 2.5D shooter with unique controls and some awesome graphics. This version for the Dreamcast is a flawless port of the arcade version as far as I can tell(it's been a long time since I played the arcade game). I popped it in soon as I walked through the door just to see if it worked, ended up getting drawn into it and made it to the last level. What a great fucking game, I can't believe I have this. Now I just got to get my arcade stick to work again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hypeman View Post
    I don't know of any console that doesn't have issues with failing optical drives, but the original Xbox might have the highest failure rate I've seen.
    Me too, if it's not the optical drives its the disc tray not opening/closing, also had a friend back in the day who had one that just stopped working, the green ring around the power button just started flashing red.

But it's the easiest console to do an optical drive swap on. I would swap the drive before buying a new system.
    That's a good idea, I've never thought of that. Not sure if I have the tools or the know how to do it but it's worth a try. Also thinking about just opening it up and trying to clean the lense.

Would also love to have one of these "soft mod" that I've vaguely read about where I can play edited/updated versions of NFL 2K5(and all the emulators for older school systems).

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Got home today and in my mailbox was Zero Gunner 2 for the Dreamcast. I ordered this on Ebay last week, I wasn't expecting it until maybe next week. Absolutely loved this game in the arcades, it was ported to the Japanese Dreamcast in 2001. It's a 2.5D shooter with unique controls and some awesome graphics. This version for the Dreamcast is a flawless port of the arcade version as far as I can tell(it's been a long time since I played the arcade game). I popped it in soon as I walked through the door just to see if it worked, ended up getting drawn into it and made it to the last level. What a great fucking game, I can't believe I have this. Now I just got to get my arcade stick to work again.

Me too, if it's not the optical drives its the disc tray not opening/closing, also had a friend back in the day who had one that just stopped working, the green ring around the power button just started flashing red.

That's a good idea, I've never thought of that. Not sure if I have the tools or the know how to do it but it's worth a try. Also thinking about just opening it up and trying to clean the lense.

Would also love to have one of these "soft mod" that I've vaguely read about where I can play edited/updated versions of NFL 2K5(and all the emulators for older school systems).
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xbox+Di...placement/1451

The optical drive-swap itself is easy enough, you just need 3 Torx screwdriver bits: T20, T10, and T15. And it helps to have a magnet handy to magnetize the T10 bit so the loose screws won't fall under the drive cages. Keep in mind, the replacement drive needs to be from another Xbox. It can't be a generic DVD drive.

The Xbox is unfortunately not very user-friendly these days because it requires so much maintenance. For one reason or another you'll eventually need to open it up. Most models of Xbox have a clock capacitor that needs to be ripped out or it will leak acid out and corrode the traces on the motherboard. Only the newest revision consoles from 2005 don't have the faulty capacitor.

I softmodded my Xbox so I can just forget about the disc drive when it fails and load my games off of the hard drive. And then if the hard drive fails, I can just buy another. I learned everything that I needed from this guide on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOEen1-234

If you watch the video and decide you want to do it, I can tell you the exact parts I bought off of Amazon.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@The Hypeman is there any way I can get you to do this for me? I'd pay for everything and pay you for doing it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I have been wanting to play Zero Gunner 2 with my X-Arcade Tank Stick so bad that I fiddled around with it tonight. It stopped working a while back. I figured it was the adapter(the one that works with XBOX and PS3), so I bought a new one that works with PS2/GC/Dreamcast last year, still didn't work. It would work for a little while if I got the lead chord in just the right position. Eventually it just stopped working altogether. Tonight I ended up cutting some wires in the main hook up line and some of them were bent around so much that they separated. So I peeled back some of the tiny wire coatings, twisted the two severed ends back together and taped them up. Hooked it up to the Dreamcast and it works like new! Man oh man, to think I almost threw this thing away at one point(it's huge, the only place I really have to put it is up in the attic), while the whole time it was something that small and easy to fix. So I got to play Zero Gunner 2 with the stick, man it is so fucking awesome.

Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-22-2017 at 11:18 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    @The Hypeman is there any way I can get you to do this for me? I'd pay for everything and pay you for doing it.
    I don't mind modding systems for people locally, but I am not comfortable shipping consoles and exchanging money across country on the off chance something gets broken in shipping.

But I found a reputable listing on ebay for a pre-modded console if you're interested in that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/modded-xbox-...8AAOSwcUBYVIhU

This ebay account appears to belong to a game store owner. $150 shipping included for a softmodded console + 320 GB hard drive is a good deal. Most original Xbox games are under 3 gigs, so you can copy a lot of your discs to that hard drive.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn that is a good deal, definitely going to pick that up tonight.

vCash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought that soft modded Xbox from Ebay. Apparently it already has Genesis, SNES, 64, and Game Boy Advance emulators with thousands of games, altogether the listing says something like over 6,000 games. Plus big hard drive where I can burn my Xbox games to the hard drive and play them without the disc.

Here are the specs:

- It has an upgraded HDD to 320gb
    -soft modded with XBMC , Unleash x , or Evo X
    -loaded with Coin Ops 8 massive , 4,191 arcade games
    -Sega Genesis emulator that has 1,114 games
    -SNES Emulator with 845 games
    -N64 emulator with 293 games
    -Game Boy Advance emulator with 174 games... a total of 6,617 games

I'm wondering if I can download/play the NFL 2K5 edits with this? Even without that, HOLY SHIT, 6,617 games. This almost sounds too good to be true. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy.

Damn, after I bought it I seen the sentence at the end that says I could get the HDD loaded with a bunch of original Xbox games for like $75 more, would have definitely gone for that. Shit either way this looks like a pretty boss deal. Thanks @The Hypeman for the help.

Watching the video now, blown away by all of the games on there. Just now getting past the arcade games and there are a ton of games on there for systems that were not advertised, old school PC games, Amiga, Atari 2600, Atari ST, Colecovision, Game Boy Color, Sega Master System, Sega CD, MSX, NES, TG-16, Playstation. Good god almighty.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 03-23-2017 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah if you're looking for updated rosters and updated franchises for NFL 2K5, you can find the files you need at Operation Sports. You have two options for transferring those files. If you have an action replay, you can just copy the save files to the memory card. If you don't have an action replay, you'll need to connect your Xbox and your PC to the same network and transfer those files over.

https://youtu.be/DJOEen1-234?t=1633 Start this video at 27:13 if the time stamp doesn't work. It shows you how to connect your Xbox to your PC. You only need an ethernet cable.

You unzip the files from Operation Sports, then open up the folders, and copy the C975161D261D folder and the 0B9AB4D80B9B folder to E:\UDATA\53450030 on your Xbox. Then you can start NFL 2K5 and load the roster or the franchise.

Thread Information