Thread: Game of Thrones

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Game of Thrones

My interpretation was that Euron intends to gift Cersei with Tyrion's head. I find it remarkable that he would ally with Cersei, but maybe he is unaware of the full situation in the Seven Kingdoms. I'm not even sure which important characters remain in King's Landing. Is it only Cersei, Jaime, Zombie Mountain and Qyburn?

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the gift he will bring Cersie will be another living human. From trailer breakdown, you see women cuffed together being bought to the Queen. I'm pretty sure Euron is about to whoop Theon and Yaras ass in the water and take Yara to the Queen. You see Theon on all fours on the sand, so he's probably escaping death in the war. I don't think that's too big of a mystery.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't seen any trailers. I like to be surprised!

-Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think trailers are super dope because they never give too much away, but get you amped up. It's once you dig into the trailers and still-frame shit that you get the idea of what's going down.

vCash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be interesting if Jon sent Sansa to see Dany and she struck a double cross chicks rule kind of deal like ugly Greyjoy.
    Sansa being a lesbian is entirely possible.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of Sansa being the Black Widow. Red hair. Pale skin. Two dead husbands.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be interesting if Jon sent Sansa to see Dany and she struck a double cross chicks rule kind of deal like ugly Greyjoy.
    Sansa being a lesbian is entirely possible.
    I don't see that happening.

I see Jon leaving Sansa in charge while he heads to negotiate with Dany to get the Dragon Glass. And that's where we'll see more stuff with Littlefinger still roaming around.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I don't see that happening.

I see Jon leaving Sansa in charge while he heads to negotiate with Dany to get the Dragon Glass. And that's where we'll see more stuff with Littlefinger still roaming around.
    Bingo. Littlefinger is just waiting for his moment, and when Jon leaves he's going to strike. I think that's the scene with him and Jon in the crypts. Jon will have a talk with him before he leaves, Littlefinger will say something clever and Jon will grab him, like "I'm not fucking around, if anything happens while I'm gone you're dead." It'll be a nice little throwback to when Littlefinger brough Ned to his brothel when Cat was there. "You're a funny little man."

I loved the cold open. As soon as "Walder" said "I've gathered all the Freys here.." I figured out exactly what was going to happen and I almost leapt from my seat. SO GOOD.

"Tell them winter came for House Frey."

UUGNNGGGHHH

Whole episode had me locked. I loved it and so did my wife. We're on the road visiting family so we watched it with her uncle and cousin who have never seen the show before. They liked Arya's scene but hated the rest of the episode because they were lost.

I almost cried when The Hound found those bodies.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    Bingo. Littlefinger is just waiting for his moment, and when Jon leaves he's going to strike. I think that's the scene with him and Jon in the crypts. Jon will have a talk with him before he leaves, Littlefinger will say something clever and Jon will grab him, like "I'm not fucking around, if anything happens while I'm gone you're dead." It'll be a nice little throwback to when Littlefinger brough Ned to his brothel when Cat was there. "You're a funny little man."

I loved the cold open. As soon as "Walder" said "I've gathered all the Freys here.." I figured out exactly what was going to happen and I almost leapt from my seat. SO GOOD.

"Tell them winter came for House Frey."

UUGNNGGGHHH

Whole episode had me locked. I loved it and so did my wife. We're on the road visiting family so we watched it with her uncle and cousin who have never seen the show before. They liked Arya's scene but hated the rest of the episode because they were lost.

I almost cried when The Hound found those bodies.
    Agreed on the Ned parallel. The only difference is; I think Jon will take Sansa's words about Ned and Rob to heart. Additionally; I wasn't a fan of Sansa comparing Jon to Joffrey; especially in those circumstances (given that she absolutely WAS undermining him in front of the others ... even if Jon wanted to change his mind; he couldn't in that moment). Although; I do think I need to state this ... outside of that, I really love the scenes of Jon/Sansa together. They contrast really well.

Interesting note about the cold opening? It wasn't planned.

After they filmed the scene; they loved the job Frey's actor did so well; they decided to make it the cold open.

The Hound scenes were just such great moments. Shows that he was right about the family but that he still doesn't like that he was.

Edit: Something else I just realized about the Jon/Sansa stuff from their first scene. Jon's "I will not punish sons and daughters for the crimes of their fathers." is something that he would have personally internalized due to his specific upbringing. Specifically given how much Catelyn hated him as a kid for being Ned's bastard (in spite of it never being his fault). Or how Sansa herself was treated in King's Landing when Ned was branded a traitor. Seriously; the amount of loyalty from the new heads of those two houses that Jon earned that night should likely be insurmountable.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 07-19-2017 at 11:59 AM.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Cersei scores the first points. Euron was a badass this episode, they pretty much fused Euron and Victarion Greyjoy from the books to form the basis of show Euron. Pretty good sea battle all around. We now know the "gift" Euron is going to present to Cersei.

Nice for Arya and Hot Pie to see each other again, great way to get her moving back North again. Running into Nymeria was a nice touch as well.

Fuck what anyone says, Sam Tarly has more balls than anyone else on the show. That cure for Jorah is coming at a HUGE risk to himself.
    Last edited by The Real LT; Yesterday at 07:33 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's talk about the second episode, shall we?

We'll start off with the small things. Sam trying to cure the stone disease is pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure he's going to cure it and get a lot of backlash from the other Maesters. OR a lot of respect. This could easily be a test being given to Sam by the Maesters to see if he's one of them. Curiosity leads to history and that's how you write the story. That's what the Maesters do and that's why I'm so convinced that this show ends with Sam telling the story of the Game of Thrones.

Another little thing is Arya. I'm not sure how I felt about her and the dierwolf. It felt kind of corny. Especially when the wolf went from looking vicious to innocent. For a show with great visuals, that shit was terrible. Her saying, "ITS NOT YOU" to the dierwolf is the question we should all be asking. I'm curious to see what that meant, but I think it has to do with her being a no-one now where even her own wolf can't be her soulmate anymore. Nimera, the wolf, is just going to be the leader of its own Wolfpack and I do believe they will have a scene where they come to Aryas rescue eventually. If not, then this will be the last time we see them and it's just a hint to Arya being No One. Also, her "I've made a few pies" line was funny shit. It's Freyed up.

The recruitment scenes were done so well. The Lannisters were probably the weakest of scenes, but they did give it their best. Jamie offering the South to the Tarlys was pretty cool and smart. Cersei using the fear factor to convince people to join her side makes sense, too. It's definitely great politics. So I'm not shitting on their game plan, especially after Euron just gave her a huge advantage. Might I add, I was right about THE GIFT. Thank you trailer breakdowns. Come at me, though!

The Khaleesi/Varys scene was intense and so well written. Excellent promos from both of them. Varys kept it real with her and that's what she wanted. I was really into Varys and am enjoying his character so much. Love his airtime. Also, Khaleesi meeting with Melisandre was cool and led to the moment we've been waiting for. She summons Jon Snow. My impatient ass wanted it to happen this episode, but whatever. I'll wait! I also really enjoyed Tyrion showing the gameplan to everyone at their round table. Really cool to see some of these characters around each other in the same scene.

Then the best non fighting scene goes to THE NORTH! Jon Snow says he will go visit Daenarys and has a lot of people against him. Pretty much everyone. Then the best part is the end bit between Sansa and Jon. Jon giving her The North.... until he comes back. Great scene.

Now let's talk about the Battle at the Sea. It definitely wasn't one of the best battles we have seen, but it was really cool to see another battle in the ocean. Eurons entrance into the battle was funny as shit. The Cool Aid man would be jealous. Euron is a bad mofo and the way he killed two of the Sand daughters was awesome. Especially the scene where he raised that one girl into the air with his weapon. Bad ass shit. He also left the battle with 3 hostages. The Dorne Queen, her nicest daughter and his own niece. All gifts for The Queen. Also, Theons a bitch. Maybe it was a smart move jumping off the boat, but knowing Theon, he's cockless and spineless.

A much better episode then the first one. I was really into every scene. Now let me predict a few things I see happening. Cersei is going to kill the remaining Sand daughter in front of the Dorne Queen. She will make her watch her own daughter die in front of her. Probably in the hands of The Mountain. The one thing we shouldn't forget about is that this was the daughter that Bronn liked. She saved his life. Bronn is Jamie's boy, but will he return the favor? I don't think Cersei allows it. I do think that Daenarys will listen to the advice of Lady Tyrell and she will just attack The Queen the moment she finds out what Euron did. The war for the throne will be beginning shortly.

The other side of the world is The North. Jon Snow giving Sansa The North will not be a "hold it down" gift. I don't see Jon Snow ever getting back after his meeting with Daenarys. I'm positive that once he leaves Dragonstone, he will encounter the White Walkers. That's where we will get Jon Snow, Davos, The Hound and the Men without Banners against The White Walkers. It'll be epic, but it'll have a lot of deaths. I'm still waiting for Hound vs Mountain and I think we will get that before they encounter the White Walkers.

So while that's all going on, Sansa will run The North. The question is, will she ruin it? It all depends on if she listens to Little Finger. The best thing that will happen to her is Arya coming back. Sure, there will be no Jon Snow and Arya reunion, but we will get a reunion of the sisters. Arya is going to kill Little Finger and it will be for Sansa. It'll probably be an order from Sansa, as well. It's just scary to think of Sansa in charge because of her admiration of Cersei. She's kind of ruthless and has PTSD as a motherfucker when it comes to trust.

So where is everyone? This shit is "post right after the episode" good.

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theon is bitch made. Simple as that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would post after the episodes, but no way I can do GoT weekly. Waiting until it is done and marathoning this last season. I do not do good with waits and this show is brutal to have to wait for. I would be shocked is the rest of the show is not great to OMFG good though. No way really to delay the action anymore.

Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

@Foos

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't tell which Sand Snake survived- was it the one that Bronn was into?

If so, it'll be interesting if she's brought back to King's Landing in chains. Not saying Bronn will play the hero and rescue her, but at some point he's got to choose to get out of there.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    To be fair, what else was he going to do? Euron's Ironborn had already captured the ship. Only thing fighting would have done was get him captured right along side Yara. Also keep in mind the last time Theon decided to stay and fight against impossible odds he ended up getting tortured by Ramsay Bolton for the better part of 3 years. Including getting his dick cut off.

Both he and Yara were putting in work before Euron shut them down.
    Last edited by The Real LT; Yesterday at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voxtz View Post
    I couldn't tell which Sand Snake survived- was it the one that Bronn was into?

If so, it'll be interesting if she's brought back to King's Landing in chains. Not saying Bronn will play the hero and rescue her, but at some point he's got to choose to get out of there.
    Yeah, it's Bronns girl. That's what's going to make that interesting. I still think Cersei has her die in front of her mother. Bronn may be a witness to it, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    I would post after the episodes, but no way I can do GoT weekly. Waiting until it is done and marathoning this last season. I do not do good with waits and this show is brutal to have to wait for. I would be shocked is the rest of the show is not great to OMFG good though. No way really to delay the action anymore.
    I'm going to be out of the country for the next two episodes, so I hear what you're saying. When I come back, I'll be able to binge watch 3 straight episodes which is going to be jizzworthy and awesome. Then when the 3rd episode ends, I'll have a week to wait for one and another week to wait for the final episode and then bam. Another year to wait for the final season.
    Last edited by Dat Guy; Yesterday at 11:20 AM.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    Yes, he was. Realistic depiction of drama withstanding (Theon's actor was fantastic at showing him visibly breaking and almost reverting back to Reek as the direct reminder of what happened with Ramsay come back); what was he supposed to do? Supposing he could have killed all of the remaining Ironborn men between him and Euron on his own (which was absolutely not a guarantee); there was nothing stopping him from outright killing Yara and taking Theon instead. He really only needed/wanted one alive.

Him leaving gives the option to let Dany know what occurred and not have her think that everything was going smoothly while also giving him a better chance to get her back alive in the future. With that said; I'm also glad about what happened to two of the three sand snakes. While one is still alive; I anticipate I will NOT like what happens to her next episode given she's not anywhere near as valuable of a hostage as the other two.

I loved a LOT of the natural call backs in this episode that reward viewers for watching. I also liked that in the crypt scene with Littlefinger and Jon specifically called back to his one with Ned (and the fact that they both strangled him after mentioning a loved one). The fact that Ned's statue was actually visible in that scene was just great work. I also like that scene where Jon essentially gives Sansa reigns of the North (as it pretty much harmed Littlefinger's intention of turning her against him). Even moreso; I liked Jon's delivery when he did it which came across like he was shocked that Sansa even had to ask who he was leaving it to.

There were a surprising amount of Cersei/Dany "not-so-different" moments this episode with the "bend the knee" moment being the most noticeable.

The other understated part; a lot of people learnt a lot of things this episode that the audience was aware of but them not: Littlefinger learning Tyrion was Dany's hand and Tyrion and Arya (who's actress should also get a lot of credit given that you can visibly see her change after hearing her favourite brother had reclaimed Winterfell and was alive) learning Jon was King of the North. Also loved that the relationship between Jon and Tyrion was played up.

Also do like how they got around to giving Cersei an army: she didn't pretend to be good; she just essentially pointed out that it's better the devil that you know than the one you don't. Also really found the scenes with Sam's father surprisingly strong for such an otherwise unlikable guy.

Also am really enjoying the citadel scenes with Sam.

I liked damn near EVERYTHING about Euron this episode. He showed exactly how skilled he was (Yara too for that matter) and his entrance was essentially something you could see happening in wrestling. He was even able to best Yara but I do wonder how that fight would have played out had she been able to actually gear up (since he was in pretty damn heavy armour and the fact that she and Theon appeared to have high kill counts even unprepared).

Also credit to the writers for actually depicting a sea battle realistically.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arya and Sam were the MVP's of the last episode. Sam at least trying to save Jorah, and Arya facing the decision to go north instead of south.

Though I'm betting her encounter with Nymeria will convince her to change her mind, and head to King's Landing. She said "that's not who you are" when Nymeria left her instead of going north with her- which I'm guessing she also applies to herself.

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voxtz View Post
    Arya and Sam were the MVP's of the last episode. Sam at least trying to save Jorah, and Arya facing the decision to go north instead of south.

Though I'm betting her encounter with Nymeria will convince her to change her mind, and head to King's Landing. She said "that's not who you are" when Nymeria left her instead of going north with her- which I'm guessing she also applies to herself.
    She was essentially saying that Nymeria was no longer her pet (in the sense that expecting her to follow her was too much at this point).

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, that was absolutely open to interpretation. Especially considering all of the training and time spent with the Faceless men. Arya could have easily been talking about herself, in reference to her place in the North.

-Hayze

yes I am a little bitch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a call back to a conversation Arya had with Ned in Season 1 about not being suited for the domesticated life (her line then being "That's not me."). Her saying that here with "That's not you" to her Direwolf was her saying the exact same thing. I think even the producers had to come out and say the same when people were mistaking her saying that as her saying that that literally wasn't Nymeria.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Foos View Post
    Nah, that was absolutely open to interpretation. Especially considering all of the training and time spent with the Faceless men. Arya could have easily been talking about herself, in reference to her place in the North.
    Not really. Arya's ENTIRE demeanor changed when Hot Pie told her the Jon had retaken Winterfell. She went straight from cold-blooded killer right back into that little girl that terribly missed her familly. She wouldn't suddenly think "that's not me" right after making the choice to go back home instead of killing Cersei.

Plus for all her training Arya IS NOT a Faceless Man. She is not "no one", she is Arya Stark of Winterfell. Every action she's taken this season has been motivated by that.

Thread Information