Thread: Game of Thrones

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by RT View Post
    How did you come to this conclusion? Or is it just a feeling you have?
    Rewatching the previous seasons, Arya and Sansa's story arc reversal, the Stark clan slowly widdling down, and feeling mostly.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Rewatching the previous seasons, Arya and Sansa's story arc reversal, the Stark clan slowly widdling down, and feeling mostly.
    Could be interesting if something like that happened. I don't know if Arya would want to rule though. She strikes me as someone that would never want to stay in one place too long, even if that place were Winterfell. Her big thing in the series is completing her hit list and what will become of her once her list is done. I think she realizes that revenge didn't make her feel better like she thought it would, and she goes on to try to right some wrongs around Westeros.

If the story even gets that far. Winter is only just starting and the show is entering it's final run (split over two short seasons). I guess if the Winter King or whatever he's called gets killed then winter is over forever? I don't know how that works. Maybe we'll see some aftermath with whoever is left standing in the last episode or two.

I know it's Game of Thrones and it's impossible to predict what will happen, but I can't see Sansa dying. Her entire arc is that she survives by any means necessary, sometimes by accident, sometimes by her own determination, sometimes with help from others. But she survives and becomes stronger every time. I think it's a safe bet that Jon dies a hero and Sansa assumes the role of Queen in the North. Dany isn't too keen on letting The North rule themselves, but she discovers that Jon is her half-brother and out of respect for what the Starks did for him, she lets them rule.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something else I just thought of: there are a lot of theories about the 3 dragons and the Targaryen sigil being a 3-headed dragon and so everyone is saying "there needs to be 3 Targaryens and we know of Dany and now Jon, so who's the 3rd?"

I don't think it's as simple as that. If Sansa ends up ruling in the North and Yara manages to defeat Euron and assume the role of Queen of the Iron Islands, then 3 women will be ruling Westeros when it's all said and done (I'm not counting the Sand Snakes in Dorne because I don't see them surviving the war). I could see that being the 3 heads that everyone is theorizing over.

Of course that would mean Jon would die before the war is over, which could very well happen. Maybe Jon gets turned and Sansa or Arya have to kill him? That would be intense.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a feeling that the show and the books won't end the same way. The book is a an anti war anti revenge story, the show seems to be missing a lot of that. There's a bit of anti war stuff for sure but the revenge stuff seems to pop the masses so it's become this thing they've been playing up instead of showing that revenge makes you lose yourself and lose your humanity. Take Arya who is so consumed by revenge that she turns into a little psychopath. The white walkers are mostly described as "the others" in the books. I understand they changed this due to the others being associated with Lost. Anyway, the others are likely not just enemies. They've likely been wronged by humans. Some ancient pact has been broken. I see the books ending in a compromise and the others going back north.

As for prophecy and 3 headed dragons I agree with Tyrion, a line that I think made it into the show "Prophecy is like a half-trained mule. It looks as though it might be useful, but the moment you trust in it, it kicks you in the head." There is no 3 headed dragon, no Azohr Ahai, no last saviour. Prophecy can mean whatever you want it to mean. If you know of a prophecy, especially about yourself you make decisions based on that and can be more likely to make it come true. We see that especially with Cersei and her Valonqar prophecy. Her actions are making that prophecy come true. She's chosen to have only 3 children and has worked hard not be made to marry again to avoid the chance of more. She's betrayed Jaime and acted like a mad woman essentially doing the same thing that Jaime killed Aerys for. Making it more likely that her little brother will kill her. Prophecy becomes self fulfilling.

A last little thing that I think is a tell to the ending is the poem that the series takes it's name from.

Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I’ve tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's a little obvious (and not in a bad way) that Jon Snow dies before this series is over. The thing that will be judged is how he died and not for nothing, the first way he died by betrayal was fucking sick. So it'll have to be better then that, which may seem impossible. I do believe in them and know they'll do something wild.

The Arya into Sansa thing seems foolish and shouldn't happen. Arya being able to change faces might not happen, anyways, since she made that "I'm Arya Stark" speech while killing Frey. However, that may be an even bigger storyline then we think with the changing faces. She may be a pivotal piece in the war with her newly found skill. Could she change into a White Walker?

Sansa will survive until the end and if this was Vegas and this game was based off of who will rule at the end; I would wage my money on her. Like RT pointed out, she is an all means survivor and ALL MEN MUST DIE.

I do thing, as I said previously, this is a story that will be told by Sam at the end. Whether written or verbal. I just hope they don't fuck up the ending like LOST did. That shit was weird.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jon Snow.

Daenarys.

Queen Cersie.

Jamie Lannister.

Tyrion.

Sansa.

Arya.

Bran.

Little Finger.

Melisandra.

Sam.

Tormund.

The Hound.

The Mountain.

WERE ALMOST THERE GUYS! ITS GUNNA BE INSANE!

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That last shot at the end of the season of the ship fleet and the three dragons, breathtaking.

I can't wait to see Queen Cersei fall.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think her fall comes from the dragons or the fleet, though. Her younger brother was always destined to kill her. She always thought it was little man, Tyrion, but no no no. It's her love, Jamie Lannister and that killing will probably be the greatest scene of the season.

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, she's prepared for all enemies except for the one in her bed. Poor Cersei.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have to assume Cersei used up all her wildfire blowing up the Sept, so everyone thinking Jaime kills her a la The Mad King might be wrong.

Jaime isn't going to choose Tyrion over Cersei either. We already know that.

Jaime would do anything for Cersei. "Only Cersei," he's said more than once. Fuck everyone else.

Jaime might be upset she blew up the Sept, but is he really going to care in the end? He hated The High Sparrow and the Tyrell's were their enemy. Sure, innocent people died but that's never bothered Jaime before.

I think we get a bait and switch. I think if Jaime does kill Cersei it's out of mercy after King's Landing gets sacked. Cersei was ready to commit suicide when she thought Stannis had overthrown King's Landing, so imagine what she'll do when a dragon comes crashing through the ceiling. I think that's the only situation where Jaime takes her out. They'd both rather die before falling into the hands of a Targaryen.

If that's not the case, I say Tyrion does it. Either he's the last face she sees before she commits suicide, or she's captured and as Dany's hand he sentences her to death, or something like that.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyrion would never sentence her to death. He's too smart for that. He would let her live the lonely and powerless life she deserves. Jamie is so going to kill her and it's going to be super powerful.

Some of these side characters dying are going to hurt. Bron, Tormund, Davos. I would hate to lose any of the 3.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two more days!

Let's goooooooo!

vCash
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep looping the opening theme. I'm not ready.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep watching the trailer, trailer reactions, season finale live reactions and theories. I am so amped.

It's also confirmed that we are going to get an opening scene before the music! A cold scene or whatever it's called. It's going to be awesome and from what I heard about it, it's people who saw it at the live premiere saying it's fantastic. I also heard what main character it involves, but I won't spoil it.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throne night tomorrow!

Anyone ever do viewing parties? I've doing one since season 2. Not everyone was on board with season 1 (of course I was, watched it as it came out), but once everyone had that year to catch up, been watching it with the same group of friends. Either nice single malt scotch is consumed, or some kind of random ale that is brought over. Although once we had mead. No fun food ever though!

-Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

vCash
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna watch it with my Pa tomorrow. Honestly, this is the only show on TV that both me and my dad watch together.

Still My Champ
    Thanks, surrender.

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no daycare available on weekends, and my wife and I have no friends/family who can watch our child. Every Sunday, I work in the morning, she works at night, so that one of us is home with the kid.

I warned her last week "one of us is taking off, because there's no way I'm waiting until Monday night to watch the season premiere."

Want to see an Atheist-centric YouTube show? Subscribe to Atheist News!

My latest video- Reject Religion- music video set to "Pork and Beans" by Weezer.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been this excited for a TV show return since I don't know when. Get pumped! Less then 3 hours away!

When the snows fall,
    And the white wind blows,
    The Lone Wolf dies,
    But the pact survives.

LETS GOOOOOOOOO!

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just rewatched Battle of the Bastards and I'm currently watching The Winds of Winter. I'm not moving this TV off of HBO. Let's do this shit.

vCash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Am I the only one who just watched a one hour trailer of what's going to happen this season on Game of Thrones?

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So happy to have this back. Good start!

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Okay. Am I the only one who just watched a one hour trailer of what's going to happen this season on Game of Thrones?
    That's pretty much how every season opener is except for Season 1.

vCash
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even realize it was Thronesday until I saw a review up elsewhere for the episode.

Solid opener, with only two seasons left, this was more just moving things into place, Arya taking down the Freys was nifty. I wish Tormond and Brienne could happen already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very much a scene-setting episode, but with a lot of cool moments and solid character development. Jon and Sansa's interactions were very well done. The Hound's whole scene was fantastic. Ed Sheeran product placement was bit goofy but largely inoffensive.

Some clever sod is going to make a music video out of that Sam-cleaning-up-maester's-shit montage. If it hasn't already been done.

vCash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of good things happening this episode. Very please that we didn't spend 2-3 episodes of Daenarys in the water. She landed, she's in Westeros, let's do this!

Any guesses on Euron's eventual gift to Cersei?
    Spoiler
    I don't know if that needs to be in spoilers, but I don't recall it ever being discussed in the show.

Getting some more fire stories already this year. The Hound obviously has history with fire. As does Beric (and Jon) for being resurrected by the Lord of Light. Is Beric a fire-wight, the same way the Night's King raises ice-wights from the dead? Speaking of the Night's King, that vision of Bran's has 3 zombie giants! And that's definitely Wun-Wun with his missing eye from Ramsey. So I guess the White Walkers get past the Wall...

How long until Jon meets his aunty Daenarys and has to convince her to let him drill for the dragonglass below Dragonstone? Wall comes down in an epic episode 6, and Jon meets Daenarys in the season finale in episode 7?

Only 12 episodes left

-Hayze

Quote Originally Posted by iNCY View Post
    yes I am a little bitch.

Thread Information