They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Game of Thrones

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Yeah it's the same as the Arya thing and kind of my whole point, well half of it at least, sacrificing good storytelling in favour of impressive visuals is what the show has been for a while now. That's mainly because they've had to create their own story and they're just not very good at that. It's why the plot has stalled for two seasons. It's why they introduced the seemingly side plots like Dorne and the Iron isles then tied them up quickly because they don't know what to do with them.[B] Every change they've made from the books has been either downright bad or nonsensical at worst.[/B}
    I don't think it was bad story telling at all. He paralyzed him and left him for dead. The kid knew what was about to happen and knew Lancel had ZERO chance of surviving it. No need for a coup de grace. If you criticize the show for that, you may as well criticize about 99% of TV and Cinema out there.

Leaving out the Young Griff story line was a great choice IMO. It's easily one of the worst from the books and is wholly unneeded . Not to mention it came across like a complete and utter ass pull. Also some characters would have been difficult to pull off in live action....Strong Belwas and the Brave Companions in particular.

The changes to Cersei are 100% dead on IMO. Cersei from the books was so stupidly evil she was practically a caricature. Half of Feast of Crows is about just how much of a stupid evil bitch Cersei is.

There is no way they could have adapted the Kingsmoot in it's entirety , that would have taken up at least half the season on it's own to do right.

If they would have used Daario Naharis straight from the book he would have looked RIDICULOUS on screen. I would have liked to have seen Lady Stoneblood, but I can understand why she was left out. They already showed Beric's resurrection AND Jon Snow's, doing it for a 3rd character may have been a bit much.

Dorne wasn't exactly great in the books either, the Arianne Martell/Gerold Dayne sections were particularly bad. Really the show should have left Dorne out altogether, instead they adapted the worst parts of it, and ruined several characters in the process.

vCash
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    I don't think it was bad story telling at all. He paralyzed him and left him for dead. The kid knew what was about to happen and knew Lancel had ZERO chance of surviving it. No need for a coup de grace. If you criticize the show for that, you may as well criticize about 99% of TV and Cinema out there.
    No you've gone too far here. Since he almost made it to the candles he obviously didn't have zero chance. It's not even conclusive whether he was stabbed in the back as you say or the leg or the ass. Take a look at the scene again. Plus he's a kid not a surgeon. Cersei conducts the whole thing like a Bond villain. It's utterly corny. She lures Lancel down there like the Bond villain that tells Bond his whole plan before slowly lowering him into a shark tank and leaving the room. The kid had no way of knowing whether Lancel could make the flame in time or not. And yes the whole the hero stops the bomb's countdown at 3... 2... 1... oh he saved the day is utterly cliched, lazy and done to death. She's even dressed as a Bond villain.
    Spoiler

Another thing I just remembered why did Lancel follow a random kid in the first place

I'm not so much talking about what they left out. I accept that some things had to be omitted. I'm talking about what they have added in it's place. I'm sure I'll forget a few things but for instance

the whole Night's watch deserters took so much screen time and had plot hole's and didn't make much sense. It wasn't nearly as good as the book plot it replaced.

Swapping out Sansa for Jeyne Poole. It totally ruined Sansa's character arc to have her be raped.

Jaime's character arc. The changes they made make no sense when he ends up at the same place he is in the books. He's twisted and turned on a dime regarding his honour, principles and motivation and his feelings for Cersei.

They screwed up Jaime for the Dorne plot. Which is all them. Honestly I think if the whole point of Dorne's addition to the TV series was to kill off Myrcella they should have cut it completely and bumped her off a different way. I can't see any other real reasons for it being there apart from introducing the sand snakes who haven't really been introduced very well at all. I'd be surprised if many show only viewers could name them.

There's a few that spring to mind but they've changed so many more characters for very little reason. I think almost everyone forgave the deserters story line when it happened because it was the first real time they'd made any major changes. But looking back now it stands out as a sign of things to come.

They still play defense? The Real LT's Avatar

vCash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No you've gone too far here. Since he almost made it to the candles he obviously didn't have zero chance. It's not even conclusive whether he was stabbed in the back as you say or the leg or the ass. Take a look at the scene again.
    He can't move his legs it's pretty obvious he's paralyzed. If he were stabbed in the leg or the ass he could have gotten up and walked over to the candles. Logic dictates he was stabbed in the back, and indeed when you look at the video he was stabbed just above the rope on his robe...ie around the small of his back.

Really the only legit question mark is why did Lancel follow the kid in the first place?

vCash
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Real LT View Post
    The kid didn't cut Lancel in the leg, he stabbed him in the back and severed his spinal cord. Considering the kid is much shorter than Lancel that was a logical place to stab him. Also the desperate crawl Lancel did at the end made for great dramatic effect. Had the kid finished Lancel off it wouldn't have made for nearly as good a scene.
    From that scene; it was clear that the plan was to make Lancel suffer but not explicitly kill him prior to the explosion. It's why he was left alive because Cersei has specific hate towards him. And it worked by giving him the illusion that he could stop it. What's worse than giving you the illusion of hope and to be a hero (knowing what will happen should you fail) and knowing you can't do a thing about it.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More images were dropped yesterday by Entertainment Weekly. Here's an album that includes the new ones plus every other image dropped so far: https://m.imgur.com/a/94F0G

Dat dragon tho

Asteroids Champion! Breakout Champion!
    vCash
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Season 7 official trailer is released.

vCash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ready.

Man I hate Daenerys so damn much, I know I'm gonna be pissed at the end.

is not your buddy, guy.

vCash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    I am ready.

Man I hate Daenerys so damn much, I know I'm gonna be pissed at the end.
    Why do you hate her?

vCash
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw the trailer, I had an erection that lasted longer than 4 hours....I went to the doctor, I have no regrets.

Thread Information